+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    Mcse2003

Default how long will it take to Create a simple website

hi all
    I want to create a site containing photos videos and informantion about myself , so far thats it , a friend of mine told me it will take 25 days , I was shocked , i expected it to take a week not more
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Senior Member
    Depends on your skill and what you want to do. You can get WordPress up and running with a decent theme in a few minutes. If your hosting plan offers something like Fantastico, it will be almost instantaneous.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCIE counter..993 Lab Hours.... 532 Reading.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcse_696 View Post
    hi all
    I want to create a site containing photos videos and informantion about myself , so far thats it , a friend of mine told me it will take 25 days , I was shocked , i expected it to take a week not more
    I paid a subscription to a hosting site. With the easy to use tools that come with it I put my company website together online in a matter of hours. Looks fine and I have no web developer skills to speak of.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    Mcse2003
    he said it will take 25 days because the design work will take a long time , I have some questions like who is providing mail services webhosting company ? or any domain you gonna register ?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCIE counter..993 Lab Hours.... 532 Reading.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcse_696 View Post
    he said it will take 25 days because the design work will take a long time , I have some questions like who is providing mail services webhosting company ? or any domain you gonna register ?
    Many hosting companies provide that all in. Shop around.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    PenTest+, CISSP, SSCP, GSEC, CASP, CEH (revoked), CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, MSIT InfoSec
    Leo Laporte has really been pushing www.squarespace.com lately. If I needed to make a very nice public Web site I'd certainly give it a try.
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    Mcse2003
    thanks from all replying I got a little Idea about webhost, I found HTML templates http://www.2createawebsite.com/build/templates.html , do you think with this templates someone has no idea about HTML\CSS act............ could create a nice website
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member
    Just use WordPress and use a free theme: WordPress › Free WordPress Themes

There's over 1000 now.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member

Certifications
    Mcse2003
    hi again
    is the bandwidth related to disk space , because the one who is going to create me website he said , its enough only 100MB of space I have nearly for now 30MB videos besides his work he said 20MB, someone else he told me, your website will go down after exceeding the bandwidth limit , so what do you think ??
    Last edited by mcse_696; 10-23-2009 at 08:29 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks