+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, MTA Web Dev C#

Default Java Standard Edition 6 Programmer Certified Professional - 1Z0-851 (310-065)

Anyone have any thoughts on the difficulty of this exam? I'm taking it for WGU ANV1 - Software I.

I recently took the MTA 98-363 Web Dev. Fundamentals (C#) and passed with a 93%. I found it relatively easy. I do scripting at work in VBScript and PowerShell everyday. A lot of people on the WGU forums said this was the hardest test most would have to take their whole degree but I'm not sure if they were BS-IT Software Focus. I'm trying to gauge how much preparation I should spend.

I've ordered:
    SCJP Sun Certified Programmer for Java 6 Exam 310-065Katherine Sierra, Bert Bates

And

OCP Java SE 6 Programmer Practice Exams (Exam 310-065) (Certification Press)Bert Bates, Katherine Sierra

Are these decent resources for this cert? Any thoughts on how to go about studying for this?

Thanks for any help,
    Ikea_The_Sofa

Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member

Default Exam preparation

Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 6 Programmer Preparation Article | Online Exam and Certification Preparation

This article explains about scjp 6 preparation simply.

I practice with their training lab simulator mock exam. EPractize labs study guide under basic sessions and mock exam is very helpful for my preparation.

Good luck for your preparation.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member Registered Member
    Hello

If I do not have background knowledge in JAVA, should I start from a JAVA text book first?

Thank you
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec
    I would suggest taking a Java class, or at least an online video course where you can ask questions. Do you have a programming background at all?
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member
    I have learned C++. What kind of JAVA class you recommend? Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec
    Well, a beginning Java class, of course.

But it really depends on you. If you learn better from books then you should pick up a beginning Java programming book that looks appealing to you. It really helps to have a friend who is already an experienced Jana programmer too.
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member Registered Member
    Thanks !
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks