+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Default Wgu and Java cert?

I plan on attending wgu in a couple months for the software track. I work like to know if this track prepares you for the OCPJ cert or does it prepare you for another cert?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member Registered Member
    The Java cert at WGU is now for the 1Z0-803 (Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 7 Programmer). I'm currently enrolled in the IT-Software program with 3 semesters left after this one.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE, MCSA, CNA, CCNA (expired), Project+, Linux+, CNE (expired), OCA MySQL 5, ITIL Foundation
    Quote Originally Posted by serialv View Post
    The Java cert at WGU is now for the 1Z0-803 (Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 7 Programmer). I'm currently enrolled in the IT-Software program with 3 semesters left after this one.
    Does WGU actually have you prep for the tests? When I was attending, they relied on their own internal coursework. I would tell folks, though, that the older Java Intro/Object Programming courses provide a good foundation for Oracle exam studies but don't wait. . . if you go too long without using the Java you learned, it will take you longer to "relearn" it for an Oracle exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks