+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 First 12 3456 Last

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCNP R&S, Linux Essentials
    Has anyone received any additional info after making your payment?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
    Is anyone having issues trying to log on? The sites keep loading, then just stops. I have tried firefox and IE and both have the same issue. Anyway i contacted the lady from Stanley.
    Those who have been intoxicated with power... can never willingly abandon it.
    Edmund Burke
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. CIO

Certifications
    SSCP, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+
    Quote Originally Posted by txraider09 View Post
    Has anyone received any additional info after making your payment?
    No, not yet. I can't wait to start and plan on taking the VCP exam in December
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member
    w00t w00t got a email. a few slots opened up for the class and I can take the class!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, HDI, ITILv3, MCITP: SA, MCSA, VCP 5.5
    Just got an email a bit ago that 25 slots opened up and the first 25 to register are in the August - October class.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    RHCE
    I got into this class as well. Been on the waiting list since March.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member
    now iif only I can find those launch codes (C&C reference).... and migrated to a new job soon so I can spend more time at home and less time traveling home...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member
    Also received an e-mail yesterday that I'm able to register for the class.

Hopefully I'm one of the first 25, looking forward to a reply.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    HP Devices,Cloud+,Server+,A+,N+,Security+,Project+,CIW ID0-610, CIW ID0-520,CIW ID0-635, MCSA Office 365,MCSA 2012, MCTS 70-533 , GSEC, GCIH
    I also got the email yesterday, and promptly replied. Anyone know how long it would take to get a response?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member
    Just received an e-mail that i'm enrolled in the class after responding to the registration e-mail from a few days ago! Gonna make the payment immediately. I'm very excited to start this journey!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    HP Devices,Cloud+,Server+,A+,N+,Security+,Project+,CIW ID0-610, CIW ID0-520,CIW ID0-635, MCSA Office 365,MCSA 2012, MCTS 70-533 , GSEC, GCIH
    Can someone help me log in. I got the email instructions with a userid, a username and a password. When I try to log in, I keep getting an invalid id and password.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member Registered Member
    Hi,

I just registered for the fall class, but my question is I have no experience within VMWare. Being completely new in the field, do I need any prior experience to complete the course, or would I be able to learn as I go?

thank
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I also registered for the class. You should be able to learn as you go. Once you get the basic concepts of virtualization, it's not that hard to grasp. The important thing to realize is that with Vsphere, you build the infrastructure from the ground up, starting with the hypervisor which is ESXi.
    You then manage the ESXI from Vcenter Server. This handles all of the administration of your virtual machines, vSAN, etc... these terms will soon be very familiar.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member
    got my email on Saturday and paid for it on Sunday. Got an email last night that I'm enrolled in the class and I ordered the book.

Looking forward to the class and then to reverse engineer the VMware labs into my own R610 cluster.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Default Value

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, CCNA R+S, CCNA Security, AS:InfoCompSci - InfoSecAssurance
    Got a quick question, I have already enrolled and paid my payment for the class. I was wondering when the class starts?? I going to be part of an exercise so I may miss the first week, but when I look for the class on the student portal can't seem to see anything about this class, just the fact that I paid my 185 to the school.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CCNTrainee View Post
    Got a quick question, I have already enrolled and paid my payment for the class. I was wondering when the class starts?? I going to be part of an exercise so I may miss the first week, but when I look for the class on the student portal can't seem to see anything about this class, just the fact that I paid my 185 to the school.
    You should have received an email. If not call them.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Default Value

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, CCNA R+S, CCNA Security, AS:InfoCompSci - InfoSecAssurance
    Well I finally got the email to confirm my Moodle account... thou I have another question for the people that have taken the course as well.

I have the Scott Lowe book on the way but I was wondering if I should invest into the Stanley text books as well?? Paying 30 extra to have it shipped out in Korea is kind of steep...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Junior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Itrimble View Post
    I also registered for the class. You should be able to learn as you go. Once you get the basic concepts of virtualization, it's not that hard to grasp. The important thing to realize is that with Vsphere, you build the infrastructure from the ground up, starting with the hypervisor which is ESXi.
    You then manage the ESXI from Vcenter Server. This handles all of the administration of your virtual machines, vSAN, etc... these terms will soon be very familiar.

Thanks Itrimble for the response. Sounds good, looking forward in starting this course tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Member

Certifications
    A+, CCNA, VCA-DCV, VCA-CLOUD, Solarwinds CP, Microsoft 74-409, 70-325, 70-680, 70-681, 70-410
    I've been working on VMware for awhile now and while there are components that get fairly complex, it is very easy to grasp and understand how things works. I've gone through training and books before for it that break down the fundamentals and I assume that the class will as well. Where you breakdown networking and SAN basics and how they work with VMware. That along with Labs and additional knowledge of VMware products and how they work and you should be able to find a lot of concepts rather easy now that you understand the inner-workings.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Senior Member
    Class started yesterday and everyone should have logged in by now. If you have any issues with your u/n and p/w please contact our help desk. Here is a link for their info: https://helpdesk.stanly.edu/support/users/main.php

I know some of you are waiting on your textbook. You can start the class without it by reviewing the videos and other class material that is posted for you in your Moodle class. Additionally, you are to use the lab instructions that are available for you in the online lab utility.

Good luck getting started, and please let your instructor know right away if you have any questions.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, Linux+ and CSA+; MCSA: Windows 7, ITIL Foundations
    I took the Mar-May class and here are a few things that might make your experience better/smoother:

1. STANLY_CC here on TE is very responsive. PM's were answered quickly.
    2. Don't be afraid to reach out to your course instructor. Every email was answered in a timely manner. Not to mention, when I was having an issue that was a bit too complicated to send via email, I received a call from the instructor and was able, with his help, to correct the issue.
    3. You do not need any books to complete the course. There are pdf files you use with each lab that will walk you through what you need to accomplish. The videos are good and explain what your upcoming labs are supposed to accomplish.
    4. Last, but not least, take advantage of the free VMware software! It will save you a ton of money!

I had a blast taking the class and highly recommend it. Have fun while trooping through the videos and labs.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    How fast can you go through the course? Do you have to work at the rate of the class? Or can you power through the labs?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Member

Certifications
    A+, CCNA, VCA-DCV, VCA-CLOUD, Solarwinds CP, Microsoft 74-409, 70-325, 70-680, 70-681, 70-410
    Quote Originally Posted by Itrimble View Post
    How fast can you go through the course? Do you have to work at the rate of the class? Or can you power through the labs?
    I believe that when these schools offer it, VMware has a sort of restriction in place so not as much information can be released at the same time. This means you won't have access to everything all at once. However, it seems by week 4 all content is available. I do feel though in a class like this where it is staggered out over weeks is very helpful since this is not going to be your sole resource for passing the test. In the meantime you can fill in time by building your own clusters using what was learned from labs and reading through a book like Mastering 5.5.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    The Mastering 5.5 books is good. I recently tore down my 5.5 lab so I could do this course for 5.1. Is there a 5.1 book you'd recommend? Or do you think I could keep my 5.1 lab and do most of the exercises from the 5.5. book?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Junior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stryder144 View Post
    4. Last, but not least, take advantage of the free VMware software! It will save you a ton of money!
    Where is this located on the class site? Or is it just the vsphere licenses they provide (which i used in my online class lab already)?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 First 12 3456 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks