+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 First 123 456 Last

Certifications
    HP Devices,Cloud+,Server+,A+,N+,Security+,Project+,CIW ID0-610, CIW ID0-520,CIW ID0-635, MCSA Office 365,MCSA 2012, MCTS 70-533 , GSEC, GCIH
    @tah84ag I was wondering the same thing. It'd be great if I could use the same key for labbing at home.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
    I think you can use this book for the labs and overall studying. Their recommended book could be good but i for the price you can't go wrong with Scott's Book

http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-VMwa...re+vsphere+5.1
    Those who have been intoxicated with power... can never willingly abandon it.
    Edmund Burke
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tah84ag View Post
    Where is this located on the class site? Or is it just the vsphere licenses they provide (which i used in my online class lab already)?
    ...in the eyes of some crafty nerdie people licensing doesn't really mean much... *cough*

... just don't use it in a production world...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member Registered Member
    Not sure if you're in my class, but mine is located in the class on the top left (link says "Access VMware Store").

Edit: This is in response to the VMware licenses question.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, Linux+ and CSA+; MCSA: Windows 7, ITIL Foundations
    Try this link for the free VMware software.

I believe you will use your moodle account info to log in. If anyone else can remember, and my info is incorrect, please provide the right log in info.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    HP Devices,Cloud+,Server+,A+,N+,Security+,Project+,CIW ID0-610, CIW ID0-520,CIW ID0-635, MCSA Office 365,MCSA 2012, MCTS 70-533 , GSEC, GCIH
    Thanks @stryder1444 and @justfred I was able to log onto the vmware store and get what I needed.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, Linux+ and CSA+; MCSA: Windows 7, ITIL Foundations
    Quote Originally Posted by Itrimble View Post
    Thanks @stryder1444 and @justfred I was able to log onto the vmware store and get what I needed.
    Awesome!
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dustinpoplin View Post
    Not sure if you're in my class, but mine is located in the class on the top left (link says "Access VMware Store").

Edit: This is in response to the VMware licenses question.
    Ah didn't see that link. Thank you!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member
    I really like this course so far. Just finished Module 5.

The lectures are ok but the instructor sounds really bored sometimes. Could be a bit more enthusiastic.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, MCP/MCTS,ITILv2 , Sec+ , VCA ( DCV & WM )......and miles to go b4 i sleep..
    Yes Mandera

I hate the same trouble as well . The lecturer sounds a bit bored .

Nevertheless this whole course along with the exam voucher is good value for money .
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2017

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member Registered Member
    Hi everyone, I'm following this class too. I've encountered an issue. (I think is the same issue of this thread Spring 2014 VMware courses at Stanly Community College in the spring class). At the end of lesson 2 of module 3, there is a slide about lab 3 and the creation and preparation of a virtual machine, but the pdf of lab 3 in the Netlab+ enviroment, is about configuring the vcenter server appliance, it seems more like the argument of module 4 rather than module 3. There is a "domino effect" to the other lab: the lab 4 is about virtual switch not vCenter server architecture like in the module 4, the lab 5 is about iscsi storage not vnetwork standard switches and so on. Have you encountered the same issue, is it fixable? Did you create the virtual machine, anyway? In the pdf they added a note about "slight" differences between labs and lessons, is this lab3's issue the case?
    Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member

Certifications
    RHCE
    Quote Originally Posted by mandera View Post
    I really like this course so far. Just finished Module 5.

The lectures are ok but the instructor sounds really bored sometimes. Could be a bit more enthusiastic.
    Does he reads every piece of text on the slide in a monotone voice? If so we must have the same instructor. I've gotten so bored of the videos I'm just reading the class lecture manual; it has all the slides in from the videos and has information that the instructor skips in the video.

P.S.

If you listen closely on the "Configuring iSCSI Storage" video, you can hear either an animal or a kid playing with a toy that makes squeaking sounds. lol....
    Last edited by Verities; 09-01-2014 at 07:44 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. CIO

Certifications
    SSCP, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+
    Quote Originally Posted by pa67 View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm following this class too. I've encountered an issue. (I think is the same issue of this thread Spring 2014 VMware courses at Stanly Community College in the spring class). At the end of lesson 2 of module 3, there is a slide about lab 3 and the creation and preparation of a virtual machine, but the pdf of lab 3 in the Netlab+ enviroment, is about configuring the vcenter server appliance, it seems more like the argument of module 4 rather than module 3. There is a "domino effect" to the other lab: the lab 4 is about virtual switch not vCenter server architecture like in the module 4, the lab 5 is about iscsi storage not vnetwork standard switches and so on. Have you encountered the same issue, is it fixable? Did you create the virtual machine, anyway? In the pdf they added a note about "slight" differences between labs and lessons, is this lab3's issue the case?
    Thanks
    I'm experiencing the same issue. The way im approaching this course now is watching all the videos, then re-watching them and taking notes. Finally i'll start with the labs. I also printed out guides to various products (ex..Vcenter) from VMware and watch other videos on YouTube/CBTs for more details.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member

Certifications
    RHCE
    Quote Originally Posted by pa67 View Post
    Thanks
    I know what you're saying and I think they didn't structure the labs very well in regards to the lesson plans. Definitely do the labs in order or you'll have problems later on. Also, read the lecture manual while you're doing the labs. As I stated in my previous post, the videos are ok, but the presenter isn't very good and the slides for them are in the book.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Senior Member
    Here's something nifty, if you complete the labs ahead of time, the instructor will reset the labs and you can re-do them. Once the next block of labs is released, I'll get them done in no time and the instructor said he could reset them for more practice ... just food for thought...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Senior Member

Certifications
    RHCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathmage View Post
    Here's something nifty, if you complete the labs ahead of time, the instructor will reset the labs and you can re-do them. Once the next block of labs is released, I'll get them done in no time and the instructor said he could reset them for more practice ... just food for thought...
    Thanks for the info! Also, make sure you download all the PDFs so you can repeat the labs in the future on your own virtual lab.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Verities View Post
    Thanks for the info! Also, make sure you download all the PDFs so you can repeat the labs in the future on your own virtual lab.
    The instructor was kind enough to send me a zip of all of the PDF's.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Senior Member
    Finished all of the labs.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    So do we have to wait until October before we can take the test ?

I'm currently on Lab 12. I plan to finish in a couple of days. Did you only lab, or did you watch each lecture that accompanied the labs?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCSA, CCNA, VCP5-DCV
    I am schedule to take the class next year.
    Regarding the labs, how easy is it to reproduce them in a home lab? I am planning on having my lab ready to do the labs online and then to them again at home for repetition. How many servers are needed?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Senior Member
    So do we have to wait until October before we can take the test ?

I'm currently on Lab 12. I plan to finish in a couple of days. Did you only lab, or did you watch each lecture that accompanied the labs?
    I personally watched each video, then did the module labs and then I reverse engineered the labs in my home-based dual Dell R610 cluster for added practice.

I'm in thep rocess right now of re-doing the labs, Mr. Crump just reset all of my labs so I guess that means I passed.

What test do you speak of, you can take the the VCP5-DCV test as soon as the class is over in theory but me personally I'm reading Scott Lowe's book right now and I've breeze-read 8 chapters since the class already taught me the core basics.

To each here own I suppose...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Junior Member
    Finished the last lectures this morning. Gonna complete the labs this week. Then I will start preparing to take the test. I already started reading Mastering vSphere 5.5 from S. Lowe.

I'm still a bit disappointed about the instructor, who did not answer my problem on the forums about the VMware Store. And I still think he was really bored/sleepy or something like that during recording.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Senior Member

Certifications
    RHCE
    So do we have to wait until October before we can take the test ? I'm currently on Lab 12. I plan to finish in a couple of days. Did you only lab, or did you watch each lecture that accompanied the labs?
    You have to wait until after the class ends and VMware is informed that you completed the class. Once you're authorized to take the exam, you can schedule it. I finished the labs a while ago and have been studying since then for the exam. I'm feeling a bit like Bender right now: Let's go Already! - YouTube
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Junior Member
    Class is finished today but there are some problems with the Netlab environment. I don't see a grade in my profile right now, does anyone else already received a grade?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Senior Member
    I have 4 hours to finish my labs before deadline however Netlabs is down. I hope they offer an extension for it. I'd hate to take the class again.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 First 123 456 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks