+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 First 123 45 Last
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, MCSE 2012, CCNA, CCA XenApp 6.5, VCP5-DCV, VCP6-DCV, ITILv3, Nutanix NPP, VCE-CIA (VCE Converged Infrastructure Associate)
    I havent received the orientation email yet.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Default SCC Orientation email

Orientation emails will go out at the end of this week or by Monday at the latest.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. CIO

Certifications
    SSCP, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+
    Quote Originally Posted by STANLY_CC View Post
    Orientation emails will go out at the end of this week or by Monday at the latest.
    How is that possible if the previous course session is waiting for the oll2 lab environment to be rebuilt?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member
    Hopefully, the OLL2 issue will be completely resolved this week. We are making arrangements for the few students who were caught in this situation, but we are still finalizing the solution. We will be back in touch with those students shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by CIO View Post
    How is that possible if the previous course session is waiting for the oll2 lab environment to be rebuilt?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, MCSE 2012, CCNA, CCA XenApp 6.5, VCP5-DCV, VCP6-DCV, ITILv3, Nutanix NPP, VCE-CIA (VCE Converged Infrastructure Associate)
    Quote Originally Posted by STANLY_CC View Post
    Thanks for the info, STANLY_CC
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNA Security, Security+, Network+
    Is this still open for registration? I need an affordable way to get the accredited training.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member

Certifications
    I guess scratch that, my state is in list of areas that cannot attend.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member

Certifications
    VCA
    Quote Originally Posted by drfager View Post
    I guess scratch that, my state is in list of areas that cannot attend.
    drfager... I was too. I went with yourtechtraining.com Price wasn't much higher and it does include the book and exam voucher.

Edit to add: I also checked with them and they are an Authorized VMware IT Academy that counts toward the VCP course requirement. No wait-list either. I start in about 2 weeks.
    Last edited by Todd B; 10-15-2014 at 06:54 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd B View Post
    drfager... I was too. I went with yourtechtraining.com Price wasn't much higher and it does include the book and exam voucher.

Edit to add: I also checked with them and they are an Authorized VMware IT Academy that counts toward the VCP course requirement. No wait-list either. I start in about 2 weeks.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Out of curiosity, how does this work, you just attend and they let VMware know you attended? (Or do you have to sign up via the VMware Mylearn account)

Are there tests etc. that you must pass? Is this live instructor led or just pre-recorded videos? There isnt a lot of information on the site.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member

Certifications
    VCA
    Quote Originally Posted by drfager View Post
    Thanks for the heads up!

Out of curiosity, how does this work, you just attend and they let VMware know you attended? (Or do you have to sign up via the VMware Mylearn account)

Are there tests etc. that you must pass? Is this live instructor led or just pre-recorded videos? There isnt a lot of information on the site.
    The guy told me it's asynchronous (do at your own pace) online course. Comes with VMware eBook and your own lab environment. Looks to be around 8 weeks.

I was also told (I was asking for something else) in a round-about way that since I already have a myLearn account that this course would be added there once complete. Not really sure if you don't already have one, but my guess is they would have you create one?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd B View Post
    The guy told me it's asynchronous (do at your own pace) online course. Comes with VMware eBook and your own lab environment. Looks to be around 8 weeks.

I was also told (I was asking for something else) in a round-about way that since I already have a myLearn account that this course would be added there once complete. Not really sure if you don't already have one, but my guess is they would have you create one?
    Thats a weird site. No contact info on the site. They only offer one course.

Maybe im overlooking it, but I also dont see the site listed on the official VMware It Academy list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2pxd0taVXVJcnc

On their "about" page they listed an affiliation with Bismark State College, I emailed them to confirm the affiliation.

Not saying it isnt legit, but that website is kinda lacking.
    Last edited by drfager; 10-15-2014 at 08:49 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member

Certifications
    I got the orientation email yesterday
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, HDI, ITILv3, MCITP: SA, MCSA, VCP 5.5
    Good luck all!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Junior Member Registered Member
    Does anyone know how to mark the EDGe Quiz as complete? I cannot move on until this happens (the call overview quiz show "Not available until the activity EDGe Quiz (Must be completed by October 24, 2014) is marked complete."). I completed the quiz and submitted it. Does the instructor need to go mark it as completed or something?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Junior Member Registered Member
    Potsey2007...you will find a check box to the extreme right hand side of the screen opposite the edge quiz entry that has to be checked before it lets you move on.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Junior Member
    Someone have problems with Lab 0? I followed the instruction contained in "Lab Content" but when I enter in esxi-2 console the host isn't booted with DVD but try to boot from HD and network. I tried to change boot sequence at startup without success
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Junior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by simones View Post
    Someone have problems with Lab 0? I followed the instruction contained in "Lab Content" but when I enter in esxi-2 console the host isn't booted with DVD but try to boot from HD and network. I tried to change boot sequence at startup without success
    Im having the same problem. I sent an email to the instructor yesterday asking for assistance with this issue.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Senior Member
    Good to know I wasn't the only one who had the problem. I'm sure they'll get it resolved. For now I just skipped it. The others are working okay as far as I know.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Junior Member Registered Member
    Is there anyway that I can check that my waitlist request is actually on the list? Not sure when I put my name on the list (maybe August?) but just wanted to make sure I was on it as I really want to do this course.

Good luck for everyone going on the course
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    There are two separate messages at the top of the screen saying to wait until Friday to begin the labs so I haven't started mine yet.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Senior Member
    Send me a private message with your full name listed, and I'll be glad to check for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ItzEddie View Post
    Is there anyway that I can check that my waitlist request is actually on the list? Not sure when I put my name on the list (maybe August?) but just wanted to make sure I was on it as I really want to do this course.

Good luck for everyone going on the course
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hypersteve View Post
    There are two separate messages at the top of the screen saying to wait until Friday to begin the labs so I haven't started mine yet.
    I don't see these messages. I tried other Labs and their work
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    stanlycc.jpg

This is what my screen shows.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Junior Member
    My is different. I have only a message that say that labs must be completed by December 9
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Senior Member
    I don't have the message about beginning labs until Friday either. Also, lab 0 has been fixed. Haven't had any other problems so far on any of the labs through lab 9.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 First 123 45 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks