+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 First 12 345 Last

Certifications
    HP Devices,Cloud+,Server+,A+,N+,Security+,Project+,CIW ID0-610, CIW ID0-520,CIW ID0-635, MCSA Office 365,MCSA 2012, MCTS 70-533 , GSEC, GCIH
    I'm also taking my exam on the 17th. I've been using Measure-Up and the practice test on the My.Learn Vmware page quite often. My nerves are starting to get tighter as the test date approaches.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    VCIX-NV, VCAP5-DCD/DTA/DCA, VCP-5/DT, MCSA: 2008, MCITP: EA, MCTS x5, ITIL v3, MCSA: M, MS in Telecom Engg
    @Itrimble, I suggest you go through the 'your daily VMware quiz' thread too, if you havent already. Some decent questions there. Good luck!
    VCDX: DCV - Round 2 rescheduled (by VMware) for December 2017.

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member
    I recommend grabbing a lasso and practice wrangling a greased pig; that's how i felt taking this test, one of the hardest of the ones I have <- .

Maybe I just under studied (heck, I still passed) but some of those questions blew me away.

Your study plan is good/better than mine though.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Itrimble View Post
    I'm also taking my exam on the 17th. I've been using Measure-Up and the practice test on the My.Learn Vmware page quite often. My nerves are starting to get tighter as the test date approaches.
    man... I know what you mean, I'm finding myself going over the blueprints like 2 times a day now... for the past month it was like once a week....

my electric bill this month will be insane have both of there R610's on for 10+ hours a day on weekends and atleast 5 hours a night during the week...

I think what makes me the most nervous if not knowing what to expect...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member
    Well I've gone thru the blueprints for the 15th time now and I feel like the info is getting boring now... printed it out the other day and I got so many doodle notes on here it's nutso...

now I'm just re-reading these study notes: VCP 5 | mwpreston.net
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member
    well I've been doing a number of practice exams tonight and reviewing flash cards, hopefully VMware doesn't throw me a curveball and make me go crazy with the complexity of them....

Found a nice practice exam app on the Android market over @ http://www.certification2go.com/ that I've been trolling all day, hopefully it's legit....

anyways I've done as much studying as I can I guess....

Was thinking of going threw the questions I do know nearly instantly and flagging others to come back to them, good idea?

any last minute advice?
    Last edited by Deathmage; 12-16-2014 at 04:02 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Reticulating splines... iBrokeIT's Avatar

Certifications
    GCIH, GSEC, VCAP5-DCA, VCP5-DCV, MCITP:EA, MCSA 2003/08
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathmage View Post
    any last minute advice?
    Just remember, be yourself... oh for the VCP, yes definitely watch your time limit! One area that got me that I did not think to study was permissions.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member
    permission are relatively good for me, they behave like GPO's with propagation, cloning permission though that is new.... hopefully I get the permission ones right..

Yes time does seem like an enemy, however these practice exams I'm taking are 100 questions and it takes me 1 hour to do them.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    Good luck on your exam Deathmage!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - University of Florida, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, Learning Python
    Next Up:​ None
    Reading:​ Python Crash Course
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    HP Devices,Cloud+,Server+,A+,N+,Security+,Project+,CIW ID0-610, CIW ID0-520,CIW ID0-635, MCSA Office 365,MCSA 2012, MCTS 70-533 , GSEC, GCIH
    Good luck Deathmage !! I'm sure you'll breeze right through the exam!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member
    Tonight I'm just going to hash out storage and DRS. And then just do flash cards but more importantly I'm off to bed at 9pm. I've found 8+ hours before an exam plus a good breakfast is essential plus a vitamin water with potassium, sodium, the B ' s and folic acid with BCAA'S I find help me focus...dunno know why...

Must be from the high blood pressure once the exam starts...lol
    Last edited by Deathmage; 12-16-2014 at 02:54 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    You got this bro!!

I'm going after my VCP-Cloud certification this weekend!!
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member
    Exam at 12:45...

This is it...

Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member
    Good luck DeathImage! Let us know how the exam went and what you think were the tools that proved to be most useful (aside from the Scott Lowe book) and the ones that weren't. I plan on taking the exam early next month.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Senior Member

Certifications
    Cisco CCNA, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+
    Best of luck man, I hope you do well!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCSA, CCNA, VCP5-DCV
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathmage View Post
    Exam at 12:45...

This is it...

Good luck man. You got this.

I took my Cisco ICND2 yesterday and did studying sessions like you described and I passed with no problem. I am starting VCP-DCV next month at Stanly and will be doing the same.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Senior Member
    Erg, I failed by 5 points....so pissed now...

Just going to keep doing practice exams and study more.

When I get home I'll just reschedule it for 7 days from now...

I'm so close..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Senior Member
    Aww man that sucks big time. Do they tell you how you scored in each area? I know you'll get it next time though.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Sorry to hear that bud. My test is tomorrow at 9:00 am. I found a few more links to look at :

Do I Know This Already? VMware VCP5 - Datacenter Virtualization Exam | Pearson IT Certification

And you should still have another 70% of voucher that you can use from the Stanly course, so that should take out the sting.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Senior Member

Certifications
    OSCP, CEH, SSCP, EJPT, CCNA:Security, CCNA:R&S, MCSA:W2K8, Linux+, LPIC-1, SCLA
    Wow that sucks it's only like a question or two that you got wrong. Good luck on the exam next week!

Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Sorry to hear, I know the pain though (hit the CEH on try #3). You'll get it the next time! Do they give you a printout on what your weak areas were?
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - University of Florida, MSISA - WGU
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Senior Member
    Sure did. I'm just going to use the MeasureUP tests (found those very helpful, thx mystery man!)

I really had no idea going into it how the exam was going to be structured so I kind of knew it was a dry run. I know and felt I got a good chunk of them right but a few things like powercli I did next to nothing with or DRS so I'm going to see about powercli (if anyone knows how I do those that would be easier or else I'll go through Scott book and find it) but DRS seems a little more tricky..

I'm really not upset upset I was prepared to fail. I just wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be..

It's all good my 1st A+ I failed by 15 points and then I retool it and got a near perfect score.

What this just proves to me is I know the content just need to refine it for case scenario's...and ironically I think practise tests are the only realistic way...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCP5-DCV
    I failed the first time too. I was also able to use the same stanly voucher booking the second time, just fyi. Good luck on the retake, you got this.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Senior Member
    Sorry to hear that. I hope you pass on the next try. Is it safe to say that the Stanly course and reading the Scott Lowe book front to back are not enough to prepare for the test?
    Last edited by SixtyCycle; 12-20-2014 at 12:27 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by SixtyCycle View Post
    Sorry to hear that. I hope you pass on the next try. Is it safe to say that the Stanly course and reading the Scott Lowe book front to back is not enough to prepare for the test?
    I'd like to get thoughts on this too.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 First 12 345 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks