+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 First ... 678910

Thread: Stanly Jan-Mar

Certifications
    CCIE:DC, CCNP:DC, CCNA:DC, CCDA, VCP:DCV, VCP:NV, JNCIA-JUNOS
    Heh, yeah, mine's sitting on the shelf in the plastic still here. You definitely don't have to have it, but it can be useful, particularly if you're new to VMware.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    VCP6-DCV, MCSA: Server 2012, VCP5-DCV, CCNA:Sec, BCvRE, MSCA Win 7, CCNA:R&S, CCENT, Network+, A+
    Received my 70% off voucher today, so close to a month waiting after filling out the online survey.
    Now to book the test and cram.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member
    Well if anyone wants to sell or get rid of their book(s) pm me with your price and shipping.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    VCP6-DCV, MCSA: Server 2012, VCP5-DCV, CCNA:Sec, BCvRE, MSCA Win 7, CCNA:R&S, CCENT, Network+, A+
    Anyone pass the exam yet?
    I've mine booked for 6th June
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP, CCNA Security, CCDA, Project+, Linux+
    I can't even register. When using the voucher I was (finally) emailed, Pearson errors with

The exam for which you are registering requires a special voucher or promotion code. If you require further assistance, please contact a Pearson VUE Call Center.
    At this point I'm really doubting if the cert is even worth the useless hoops vmware puts you through just to represent them with one of their certs.

UPDATE

According to Pearson, the voucher vmware sends for completing the class cannot be used for the exam I'm eligible to take for completing the class. Yup.
    Last edited by bermovick; 06-01-2015 at 08:24 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCSA, CCNA, VCP5-DCV
    Quote Originally Posted by bermovick View Post
    According to Pearson, the voucher vmware sends for completing the class cannot be used for the exam I'm eligible to take for completing the class. Yup.

What? Can you explain that.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I don't even know, but after being on hold with Pearson's phone support, I was told the voucher I was sent does not match/is not for the exam I am approved to take (VCP550PSE: VMware Certified Professional - Data Center Virtualization). I've emailed the class instructor to see how to get it resolved, cause that's a $175 difference in exam cost.
    Last edited by bermovick; 06-02-2015 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Removed copy/paste link
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    I registered for the VCP550 an I was able to use the 70% off voucher.
    Though it did take me 2 weeks to sort stuff out with pearson about my vmware account
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Was it the VCP550 or the VCP550PSE? The PSE version is the only one Pearson lists as available for me, and the for the life of me, I haven't been able to find a way to access/select the 'normal' VCP550 exam to try using the voucher for that (which is what VMWare support is wanting me to try as well)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    TechExam Certified Alien Abduction Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by bermovick View Post
    Was it the VCP550 or the VCP550PSE? The PSE version is the only one Pearson lists as available for me, and the for the life of me, I haven't been able to find a way to access/select the 'normal' VCP550 exam to try using the voucher for that (which is what VMWare support is wanting me to try as well)
    Tried requesting authorization for 550 here : https://mylearn.vmware.com/quiz.cfm?item=53119 ?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    .......... now I have.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member

Certifications
    Passed today, score of 416/500. Actually thought as I was doing the test I would scrape a pass if i did pass. Chuffed to score over 400
    Last edited by Krusader; 06-06-2015 at 11:57 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member

Certifications
    CEH, VCP-DCV, CHFI, MCP, MCTS, LINUX+, LPIC-1, SUSE CLA, Network+, VCA-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCA-WM, B.A. Mathematics [] Expired: Sec+ CE, Net+ CE, DCSE
    Quote Originally Posted by Krusader View Post
    Passed today, score of 416/500. Actually thought as I was doing the test I would scrape a pass if i did pass. Chuffed to score over 400

Congratulations Krusader!

I am taking the class now. Would you mind telling me how many hours of studying time it will take to complete the class? I have a VMware VCP voucher already from WGU and I am wondering if its possible to learn everything in a day or two. I have 3 years VMware workstation experience and about 3 months vsphere 5.5 experience. Ok sleeping pills time its 4:30am.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member

Certifications
    To complete the class roughly 30-40hrs
    The course alone isn't enough to pass the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 First ... 678910

Social Networking & Bookmarks