+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Thread: Stanly Mar-May

1. Member

Certifications
    CCENT, MCP WS 2003, MCSA WS 2008
    I've received the evaluation link several days ago and the course shows as completed in VMware.
    Have you received the email saying that you passed it?
    2015-05-19 17_40_02-VMware Education.jpg
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
    Look around. The evaluation link should be around. I had the same GUI and I found it by messing about.

It seems it would not should up for me any more.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, Security+, Network+, Linux Essentials
    I just logged back in and saw the button for the evaluation. I'm not sure if it was there before and I just didn't notice it or if it just appeared recently.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Now that the course has been done and dusted, did anyone hear or see their discount voucher?

Is there any validity of the voucher?
    How much discount can we get on exam fee ?
    Are there any restrictions on it ?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

My findings after some reading regarding the discount voucher.
    Please note that this voucher is given directly by VMware after course completion and evaluation posted. I believe it may take 2 weeks after successful completion of the course.

Quote Originally Posted by bym007 View Post
    Now that the course has been done and dusted, did anyone hear or see their discount voucher?

Is there any validity of the voucher? Valid till late 2016
    How much discount can we get on exam fee ? Previous session got 70% discount voucher.
    Are there any restrictions on it ?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member
    OK hopefully in a couple of weeks fingers crossed
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    GSEC, MCSA, Security+, A+
    So...has anybody actually received the voucher? Would it show up anywhere in your vmware education account? I see I got credit for the class completion and did the eval already but have not received a voucher.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Hi,

I received an email from vnware a couple of days back with the voucher. Its 70% off, and valid till Oct '16.

GL.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    CEH, VCP-DCV, CHFI, MCP, MCTS, LINUX+, LPIC-1, SUSE CLA, Network+, VCA-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCA-WM, B.A. Mathematics [] Expired: Sec+ CE, Net+ CE, DCSE
    Question: Does this course have enough material to solely pass the VCP-DCV 5 exam alone?

Question 2: If not, then what study material is recommended to supplement this course to pass the VCP-DCV 5 exam?

I'm asking this because I am seeing some members post that it does not contain enough material to pass the VCP-DCV 5 exam.

I am in this course now, so all advice would be welcomed.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by GreaterNinja View Post
    Question: Does this course have enough material to solely pass the VCP-DCV 5 exam alone?

Question 2: If not, then what study material is recommended to supplement this course to pass the VCP-DCV 5 exam?

I'm asking this because I am seeing some members post that it does not contain enough material to pass the VCP-DCV 5 exam.

I am in this course now, so all advice would be welcomed.
    This course certainly does not have enough by itself to let you pass, unless you have a "significant" experience in vmware products, and I mean significant literally.

It is generally recommended to study one of the prep books to pass, like I started Scott Lowe's.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitechniq View Post
    If anyone is interested in the class books, I just finished the course.... PM me
    Hello Mitechniq, is the book still available. Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member
    does stanly offer vmware esxi to install to build a lab?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Junior Member
    Woo-hoo passed my VCP550 today! I took this course early back in Mar-May this year... It took some time but it is definitely worth it. Thanks to the great resources here, Stanly for making the course available and the whole thing possible .
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member
    Congratulations!!

Quote Originally Posted by normsland View Post
    Woo-hoo passed my VCP550 today! I took this course early back in Mar-May this year... It took some time but it is definitely worth it. Thanks to the great resources here, Stanly for making the course available and the whole thing possible .
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Member

Certifications
    CISSP, PMP, CCNA R&S/Sec, VCP5-DCV, MCSA 2012, ITIL Foundation, A+, N+, S+, MCP/MCTS-W7
    Super late post but I finally felt ready to take this exam back in February and passed with a 407/300. Now VCP5-DCV certified and looking for work. I'm hoping with my PMP certification as well that I will be able to find a good position with the right company. Next up is ITIL Foundations... I'll probably do VCP6-DCV and then VCP6-Cloud as well since I have been labbing with vCloud Air a fair amount. Thanks Stanly!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Senior Member
    Congratulations!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrak View Post
    Super late post but I finally felt ready to take this exam back in February and passed with a 407/300. Now VCP5-DCV certified and looking for work. I'm hoping with my PMP certification as well that I will be able to find a good position with the right company. Next up is ITIL Foundations... I'll probably do VCP6-DCV and then VCP6-Cloud as well since I have been labbing with vCloud Air a fair amount. Thanks Stanly!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Social Networking & Bookmarks