+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    B.S. in IT, A+, Network+, Security+, MCP in Windows XP
    Has anyone used UCSC recently? Is the instructor monotone?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member
    I just signed up on the wait list and called the support number and they said October time frame. So, I'm new to VMware, however the requirement to take an exam is to complete a training course, does this qualify? And if so, what kind of documentation is provided by Stanley to show proof of training? Also, what is the official exam title once I complete the course and where do I register to take the exam? Thanks so much!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, N+, MCP, MCSA: Server 2012, MS: Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
    Sweet! I think that I may be able to sign up for the August 25 class! I'm holding on an email back. Wish me luck!

Update: Struck out this time and the class is starting on the 25th. Looks like it'll be October for me!
    Last edited by nascar_paul; 08-21-2015 at 01:14 PM.
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    CEH v9,MCSA 2012, MCTS SCCM, VCP 5, MCP, ITIL v3
    Just signed up to the waiting list hopefully us folk in the UK get a chance
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCP5-DCV
    $185...then add in the exam for $70, so $255 total.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. This site changed my life mzx380's Avatar

Certifications
    ITIL, ACA, VCP-DCV, Linux+, CCNA
    I'm on the waiting list for stanly, how long did everyone here have to wait before registering?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, GCED, SSCP, CCNA R/S & Security, CSA+, Network+
    Anyone know of the best (self-funded) alternative to the Stanly class for those that live in one of their blacklisted states???
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member
    Please understand that Stanly has not blacklisted anyone. We are just as disappointed as you that we cannot offer services to students in certain states. However, we have done due diligence and reached out to the appropriate governing bodies in these states, but we were not granted privilege to serve students. We must follow the guidelines set by your home state, and these states have rigorous requirements that are limiting our ability to serve you. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.

Quote Originally Posted by jamthat View Post
    Anyone know of the best (self-funded) alternative to the Stanly class for those that live in one of their blacklisted states???
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCIE:DC, CCNP:DC, CCNA:DC, CCDA, VCP:DCV, VCP:NV, JNCIA-JUNOS
    Jamthat, as Stanly said, it's not up to them, but up to educational bodies of your particular state. If you're in such a situation, best bet is to find a local community college/vocational school in your state that has a similar VMware program.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member

Certifications
    SSCP, CEH, ITIL, VCP, MCSE, MCSA, MCITP
    I have paid for mine out of my own pocket.
    Already have a job.. but wanted to explore new technology.
    Company I work for is Microsoft shop so not really in the mood for sponsoring me.
    Anyway, will see if this will paid of sometimes
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCP5-DCV, MCSA Server 2000/2003/2008/2012, MCITP 2008, CCA
    I paid for the course myself. I am an IT contractor, so I never get courses paid my the companies I work for.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, VCA-DCV/WM/Cloud, BAIS, CCENT, VCP6-DCV, CCNA:R&S
    I am currently in a VCP class. Luckily, my company is paying for and providing the class for me, as well as the vouchers for when I am ready to take the tests.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, GCED, SSCP, CCNA R/S & Security, CSA+, Network+
    Quote Originally Posted by STANLY_CC View Post
    Please understand that Stanly has not blacklisted anyone. We are just as disappointed as you that we cannot offer services to students in certain states. However, we have done due diligence and reached out to the appropriate governing bodies in these states, but we were not granted privilege to serve students. We must follow the guidelines set by your home state, and these states have rigorous requirements that are limiting our ability to serve you. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.
    Thanks! Maybe 'blacklisted' was too strong of a word - I wasn't trying to portray any ill feelings against Stanly. It's pretty awesome that you all can offer the course like you do, and I definitely am disappointed I can't take it!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member
    Thank you and we appreciate your understanding. We, too, are disappointed, but we wish you all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by jamthat View Post
    Thanks! Maybe 'blacklisted' was too strong of a word - I wasn't trying to portray any ill feelings against Stanly. It's pretty awesome that you all can offer the course like you do, and I definitely am disappointed I can't take it!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Senior Member
    SCC is an authorized VMware IT Academy, and the course we offer meets the education portion of the VM certification. However, we can offer the VMware course only to individuals and not as part of corporate training. Additionally, this course is designed for students who have not yet taken the VCP exam. Students who have already passed the exam would still have to retake the exam using the voucher given at the end of the course in order to receive full VMware VCP certification.

Quote Originally Posted by slee335 View Post
    interesting but those Stanley CC isn't on VMware website as approved vendor. does it still count.?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Member

Certifications
    MS: Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center
    I haven't taken them yet, but I'm in talks with my workplace to pay for the actual VMware courses. No offense to Stanly CC or others offering the courses for much cheaper, but I don't want to enroll in a CC or Tech, and I don't want to be on a wait list for months when we have the need for it now. And, since work is paying for it I might as well go for it
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Senior Member
    We understand, and we wish you all the best!

Quote Originally Posted by SconnieInShorts View Post
    I haven't taken them yet, but I'm in talks with my workplace to pay for the actual VMware courses. No offense to Stanly CC or others offering the courses for much cheaper, but I don't want to enroll in a CC or Tech, and I don't want to be on a wait list for months when we have the need for it now. And, since work is paying for it I might as well go for it
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Social Networking & Bookmarks