+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 First 123 45 Last

Certifications
    TechExam Certified Alien Abduction Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXRules View Post
    Am I late to the discussion?

goibhniu has a decent write up of the process up above. Historically the beta results are released after the live exam since they need to be rescored against the final list of questions - as I recall the DCD510 betas were a couple months after the live exam. DTA results might have been at the same time as the go-live. DCA510 was at least 4 weeks after go-live.

The math and rescores are done by a third party so even if its completely straight forward there is some time lag required.

Sorry for the perceived delay and miscommunication!

Also, I'm not in charge of the project but there is no way anyone got a result before the go-live which was... yesterday? (I think) and that would be the normal after-exam results.
    I thought last time I took a beta (4 I think) I got the results the day the exam went GA. But I just checked some old forum posts of mine and in fact - it was similar. In fact, back then Prometric blamed VMware for late results and VMware Prometric. So it was kinda worse I guess.

In my case I don't care TOO MUCH about the DCV route so I don't mind waiting. The problem is that the FAQ and Certificate Team kept stating the 8-10 weeks after Beta closure for results.

Based on Paul's comment now - we are talking 16+ weeks. And I think some people are more upset than before, because a lot of people seem to have left their renewal that late and rely on the result to renew (Thankfully I did the VCP6-Cloud instead).

One thing I am more interested in really - why can't we give comments during the exam ? Is that because no one read them before anyway ?

At this stage I really think the only .. and really only .. benefit of Beta exams are the low price.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    MCSE VCP2 VCP3 VCP4 VCP5 VCAP4-DCA VCI
    September 28th? Wow, that's really bad.
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by scott28tt View Post
    September 28th? Wow, that's really bad.
    Indeed, wonder how many people will be inclined to sit future beta exams.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXRules View Post
    Am I late to the discussion?

goibhniu has a decent write up of the process up above...

The math and rescores are done by a third party so even if its completely straight forward there is some time lag required.

Sorry for the perceived delay and miscommunication!
    Sure, there's bound to be some delay. But for the delay to be 30 days after the GA of the exam? That's absurd and, frankly, shameful. You can't release the GA of the exam without knowing the valid questions. No doubt the final question pools were submitted to Vue at least a week ago. Vue can score the GA of an exam in about 30 seconds, but VMware wants us to believe that it will take 30 days for them to score an exam where they only have to drop the invalid questions and then re-score it? Nonsense. The only reason that it would take this long is if VMware is deliberately choosing to make it take that long. Perhaps they don't care about getting results to us in a timely fashion because they're not going to make money off of the beta participants, as opposed to someone who takes the exam in GA?

Quote Originally Posted by jibbajabba View Post
    Indeed, wonder how many people will be inclined to sit future beta exams.
    Not this guy, that's for sure.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Interesting FAQ
    Feedback is integral to the beta testing process. We encourage candidates to include comments on specific exam questions. There is a feature in the exam that will allow you to do this. You can add your comments as you are working through the exam, or you can mark specific questions and return to add your comments once you are finished answering the exam questions
    That was not possible.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member

Certifications
    MCS:Hyper-V , MCSA Security, A+, Net+, Sec+, VCP5/6
    Interesting FAQ

That was not possible.
    This entire thing was unprofessionally handled. Beyond the discount there is no reason to take a beta exam from VMware ever. If your company pays for your exams just skip the Betas.

The only reason I took the beta exam was to aid the community and give something back. Instead I had no opportunity for feedback, no communication and an abnormally long wait.

What's worse is I can't schedule and take the GA now. Vue wont let me because the prior one is still in "Taken" status. Meaning someone who didn't take the beta can schedule the exam today, take it and get their score. Yet we'll be waiting until October.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I asked about that .. received basically two answers

"Internal Challenges" (re:delay)
    "Every Beta is different" (re:feedback)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Member
    The following was just posted on the VMware Education and Certification Blog:
    https://blogs.vmware.com/education/2...m-results.html

Confirmed September 28th it is for Beta testers..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. kj0

Certifications
    vExpert x 4 | Apple Mac OS X Associate | Cert III - IT.
    This is worrying... Just logged on to PearsonVue and my VCP6 Pre-Approved has reappeared. This hasn't been there the numerous other times I have logged on.

PRe-ApprovedExam.JPG
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: http://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Oh yea you are right, who knows what is happening ... I already forgot about that exam completely ...

Fudge knows what they are doing ... Imagine after months of waiting they tell us we have to re-sit ... That's going to cause mayhem in the community ...

Might check in Socialcast to see if internal staff see the same ...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kj0 View Post
    This is worrying... Just logged on to PearsonVue and my VCP6 Pre-Approved has reappeared. This hasn't been there the numerous other times I have logged on.

Attachment 7137
    Yes, mine showed up this week as well. I was worried that this meant that I failed until I saw that I also still have an approval for the VCP510 exam hanging out there, despite having passed it. It's just listing the approvals that we have gotten in the past.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    The Beta is the only one in my profile and I have done plenty others.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA - 2003, CCENT, CCNA, VCA-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCA-WM, MCSA - 2012, 74-409, VCP5
    FYI...

I have also taken Beta exam but it does not show up in my Pre-approved list.. I just checked and it only shows up in my Exam history as taken.
    Last edited by shezy77; 09-17-2015 at 12:19 AM.
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Member

Certifications
    I too noticed that it showed up on on my pre-authorized list. Like everyone else it scared me..

10 days to go. Watch them tell us we need to take the exam again.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA - 2003, CCENT, CCNA, VCA-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCA-WM, MCSA - 2012, 74-409, VCP5
    We are writing to inform you of the preliminary beta exam results from your recent participation in a VCP6 beta exam. The results indicate that you have received a failing grade on the 2V0-621: VCP6 - Data Center Virtualization beta exam.

May be next time ehh?
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCIX-NV, VCAP5-DCD/DTA/DCA, VCP-5/DT, MCSA: 2008, MCITP: EA, MCTS x5, ITIL v3, MCSA: M, MS in Telecom Engg
    Got the same email as shezy77. Bring on the VCIXs. Probably no more betas for me.
    VCDX: DCV - Round 2 rescheduled (by VMware) for December 2017.

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Senior Member
    Failed as well. Not expecting much more since I didn't study lol. Saga is over.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. kj0

Certifications
    Failed also. I would like to see the scores, especially considering they removed questions of which I felt fairly confident I passed at least the foundations at the minimum.

However, the benefit now is that atleast there are plenty of resources for VCP6.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Still 'Taken' for me and no email. But given the authorisation popped back in, probably a failed, too.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Member

Certifications
    Still taken as well, I took the exam at on the very last day so it might take awhile.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. kj0

Certifications
    Still 'Taken' for me and no email.
    The email says that PearsonVue won't update until the 28th. The email just "indicates" a pass or fail.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Senior Member
    So I'm still waiting for the VCIX dates to be released. ESXI 6 has only been out for gosh a nearly full year now so I would think VCIX would be available.

In any w00t, I got the VCP6-DCV book from Nick Marshall. Started reading it lightly, but skipped 3 chapters cause I already know all of it, lol....

Pondering about the thought of upgrading the cluster at work to 6 or if it's still premature to do so since 5.5 works fine. I did just update the Equalogic to 8.0.0.4 that now supports ESXI 6.

Anyone get any dates over at VMworld for VCIX?

After CCNA : R&S I might just do VCP6-DCV if it's not a hard read and study. I'm quite surprised by how much of the content in the book is simple to understand now, almost a year later. Now if I can just make the Web client snappy I'd be happy.
    Last edited by Deathmage; 09-20-2015 at 12:59 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by kj0 View Post
    The email says that PearsonVue won't update until the 28th. The email just "indicates" a pass or fail.
    No email nonetheless.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCIX-NV, VCAP5-DCD/DTA/DCA, VCP-5/DT, MCSA: 2008, MCITP: EA, MCTS x5, ITIL v3, MCSA: M, MS in Telecom Engg
    @jibbajabba - strange you haven't received any email but then again the whole affair wasn't managed that well was it?!

@Trev - they've indicated at Q1 2016 for VCIX DCV. This is reliable information. On a side note, I'll be doing 2-3 vBrownbags when the betas are out.
    VCDX: DCV - Round 2 rescheduled (by VMware) for December 2017.

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Essendon View Post
    @jibbajabba - strange you haven't received any email but then again the whole affair wasn't managed that well was it?!

@Trev - they've indicated at Q1 2016 for VCIX DCV. This is reliable information. On a side note, I'll be doing 2-3 vBrownbags when the betas are out.
    Ooo I may do one just for **** and giggles to see how much I suck, lol!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 First 123 45 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks