+ Reply to Thread
  1. Member

Certifications
    VCP6-DCV, VCP5-DCV, VCA-DCV, VCA-WM, VCA-Cloud, MCITP: EA, MCSA:2008, MCSE 2003 (Sec), MCDST, MCTS: Vista, Windows 7, 70-350, 70-351, MCITP:EST (V)

Default Video training for VMWare study

Has anyone used either Career Academy or ITDVDs Vmware training? If so what did you think of them?

I am considering using the resources from ITDVDs alongside other resources for study of the VCP6 (blueprint, Mastering Vsphere 6 book and a home lab), I have a reasonable commute to work so I normally utilise that time to read or watch training and wondered if these were worth the time and investment. Whilst looking for VSphere 6 resources I found the Career Academy site and wondered if the Ultimate Bootcamp for 5.5 may be worth the time and effort as I am considering VCAP (again I know the blueprint and a LAB are paramount for VCAP).
    WIP: 2017 - VCP6.5-DCV (Achieved), VCAP6-DCV, Citrix CCA-V
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GBAKER2204 View Post
    Has anyone used either Career Academy or ITDVDs Vmware training? If so what did you think of them?

I am considering using the resources from ITDVDs alongside other resources for study of the VCP6 (blueprint, Mastering Vsphere 6 book and a home lab), I have a reasonable commute to work so I normally utilise that time to read or watch training and wondered if these were worth the time and investment. Whilst looking for VSphere 6 resources I found the Career Academy site and wondered if the Ultimate Bootcamp for 5.5 may be worth the time and effort as I am considering VCAP (again I know the blueprint and a LAB are paramount for VCAP).
    Have used neither, but I would recommend giving CBT Nuggets & Pluralsight a shot. These two both offer a free trial period, great way to test the waters and see the type of material on offer and quality of training provided before you invest your $
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member Network_Engineer's Avatar

Certifications
    CCIE Security, BS:IT, BCNP, BCNE, CCNP-DC, CCNP-SC, CCNA-DC/SC/R&S/V, CCSE, CCSA, VCP6-NV
    I just closed my CBTnuggets account and opened a Pluralsight account. Less money per month and more VMware videos to watch.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCIX-NV, VCAP5-DCD/DTA/DCA, VCP-5/DT, MCSA: 2008, MCITP: EA, MCTS x5, ITIL v3, MCSA: M, MS in Telecom Engg
    You cant go past this > #vBrownBag VMware Certified Professional 6 Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV) Track

(I've done two of the sessions that've been posted, and I've got a third one in October)
    VCDX: DCV - Round 2 rescheduled (by VMware) for December 2017.

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member

Certifications
    VCP6-DCV, VCP5-DCV, VCA-DCV, VCA-WM, VCA-Cloud, MCITP: EA, MCSA:2008, MCSE 2003 (Sec), MCDST, MCTS: Vista, Windows 7, 70-350, 70-351, MCITP:EST (V)
    Thanks for the suggestions. I am glad that the good folks maintaining the Vbrownbags have uploaded most of the videos to YouTube, thanks for reminding me look at their work.

I am going to trial Pluralsight and have access to a Cbt nuggets account via work so will check those out too.

Thanks for the quick responses and apologies for not responding sooner (work!).
    WIP: 2017 - VCP6.5-DCV (Achieved), VCAP6-DCV, Citrix CCA-V
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks