+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 First 12 3456 ... Last

Thread: Stanly Oct-Dec

1. Senior Member
    Your instructor will send you full instructions regarding the voucher, exam, and credit for the course near the end of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by greg9891 View Post
    I think you don't see the exam voucher until after course is completed, its suppose to be 70% off the exam if I'm not mistaken.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    Network +, MTA: 98-366, 367,MCP, MCTS Win 7, VCP-DCV, MCSA SERVER 2012, MCTS Hyper-V
    Quote Originally Posted by STANLY_CC View Post
    Your instructor will send you full instructions regarding the voucher, exam, and credit for the course near the end of the class.
    Thanks for the info!
    Certs Gained 2017: 70-410, 70-411,74-409, MCSA Server 2012r2
    Upcoming: Security +, ITIL FOUNDATIONS, 70-345 Exchange Server 2016, Ccent

“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” - 1 Thessalonians 5:11
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, N+, MCP, MCSA: Server 2012, MS: Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
    I've gotten my invitation and I'm ready to go! Super excited to get going on this!
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Network +, MTA: 98-366, 367,MCP, MCTS Win 7, VCP-DCV, MCSA SERVER 2012, MCTS Hyper-V
    Quote Originally Posted by nascar_paul View Post
    I've gotten my invitation and I'm ready to go! Super excited to get going on this!
    LET THE GAMES BEGIN

“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” - 1 Thessalonians 5:11
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, A+/N+/S+/P+/L+
    Got my invitation yesterday. I didn't think I was going to get in. So this course satisfies the requirements to sit for the VCP? Not that I'm apposed to a $3,000 boot camp....>.>
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by quickman007 View Post
    Got my invitation yesterday. I didn't think I was going to get in. So this course satisfies the requirements to sit for the VCP? Not that I'm apposed to a $3,000 boot camp....>.>
    Yes this is a VMware Approved course.

Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member
    The course we offer meets the education portion of the VM certification. However, this course is designed for students who have not yet taken the VCP exam. Students who have already passed the exam would still have to retake the exam using the voucher given at the end of the course in order to receive full VMware VCP certification.

Yes this is a VMware Approved course.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Member

Certifications
    Sec+, C|EH v9
    Will everyone who received a notice for the upcoming course be able to take it this go around?

I recieved a notification and responded a few weeks ago, but have yet to get another email with payment instruction. I know it said I would recieve before the 10th, and while it is only the 6th, I figured I'd ask.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member
    Please be assured we are working on this now. If you have not yet received your payment email, you will shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane2 View Post
    Will everyone who received a notice for the upcoming course be able to take it this go around?

I recieved a notification and responded a few weeks ago, but have yet to get another email with payment instruction. I know it said I would recieve before the 10th, and while it is only the 6th, I figured I'd ask.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Cloud+, Server+, Security+, MCSA: 2012, CEH, VCP550
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane2 View Post

In the same boat as you.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Member

Certifications
    Sec+, C|EH v9
    Quote Originally Posted by tmurphy3100 View Post
    In the same boat as you.

FYI, I received my email this evening and paid my fee, hopefully yours will come soon!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Received my email as well this evening...............I have some minor issues to clear up with them though. but am excited can't wait to get started.

Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    Received my email as well this evening...............I have some minor issues to clear up with them though. but am excited can't wait to get started.
    Welcome to the world of virtualization!!

Looking forward to your progress in this class
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    VCA-DCV, CCA XenApp, CCA XenServer, CCNA, MCSE, WatchGuard Certified System Professional
    Got my email yesterday, paid today. Woo Hoo!

So, question for you all....A tech I know sat the 5.1 course (from another class provider, through work). He was convinced that the course material was not enough information to pass the exam, and over a year later he still hasn't written it. He's too scared! What is particularly unsettling is that he works with VMware on a consistent basis, and knows it fairly well. Another tech I know who also knows it well, was a VCP on 4x, wrote the 5.1 exam, and failed.

So, have any of you heard of similar experiences, and just how short on knowledge/experience are we after the class, and what tools should we be using to give ourselves a fighting chance on the exam?

Good luck all!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Senior Member

Certifications
    Alphabet-soup
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Member
    Stanley_CC

So, I've made my payment and ordered my ebook, however I don't see any classes listed in the Webadvisor main board when I log in. Also, I have yet to receive a download link for the ebook. Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Senior Member
    These courses are entered on a "do not publish" basis so that we can make sure those on our waiting list have first option of enrolling. You will not see the course in Moodle, our online learning management system, until the start date of 10/27/2015. You will be receiving an email later giving you full information on your instructor, class schedule, logins, etc. Just bare with us a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by catak View Post
    Stanley_CC

So, I've made my payment and ordered my ebook, however I don't see any classes listed in the Webadvisor main board when I log in. Also, I have yet to receive a download link for the ebook. Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCSE, MCITP (74-409), ITIL, PCLP
    I received the notification email and replied immediately, no sign of an email with payment instructions .... looking forward to starting ...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Member

Certifications
    CCNA R&S & Security, MCSA: Server 2012 & Office 365
    Been offered a place as well, however I have some concerns:

I've not long started university in the UK. Would you recommend this course for someone like me at my current moment?

I'm currently working 24 hours a week and studying pretty much all of the time outside of work.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Junior Member
    even, I received the notification email and replied immediately, no sign of an email with payment instructions , looking forward for the same
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    The class itself is not until the 27th of October so just give it some time. I have got to get my security + out of the way before the start of this class. probably take it on the 24 hopefully.

Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Mow

Certifications
    CCNP Collaboration, CCNA, CCDA, CCNA Sec
    Quote Originally Posted by urstuffplz1 View Post
    Been offered a place as well, however I have some concerns:

I've not long started university in the UK. Would you recommend this course for someone like me at my current moment?

I'm currently working 24 hours a week and studying pretty much all of the time outside of work.
    I took the course last year. It's not really that time-intensive or super-difficult. I say go for it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCSE: DI, CCNA R&S, MCITP SA,MCSA 2008,MCSA 2012, MCTS MS Vritualization, MCTSx7,BS CS
    paid the fee. count me in guys
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCITP, MCSA, CCNA, VCA, ACA
    Well I'm paid up. Let's do this!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Member

Certifications
    MCSA:Cloud, O365, W7, ITIL-F, CCENT, VCP5-DCV, A+, N+, Stor+
    I'm in also.
    Reply With Quote Quote