+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Thread: Vcap5-dca

Certifications
    VCIX-NV, VCAP5-DCD/DCA, VCAP-CID/DTD, VCP4, Security+, MCTS-640, EMCISA, ITILv3 Foundation
    As stated before, the goal is to pass the exam. It doesn't matter if you didn't attempt all of them. Congrats on the pass.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. DPG
    How long does it take for the certification portal to update? I want to order some VCAP shirts to wear to lunch just in case there are some bank owners in my vicinity.

Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Virtually Certifiable tbgree00's Avatar

Certifications
    VCAP5-DCA/DCD, VCP5-DCV, ITIL, MCSE, MCSA 03/12,MCITP:EA, EST, EDA7, EA, CCENT
    I set my test on March 3rd and the "certification date" on my certificate is March 7th so it took me about 2 business days.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCIX-NV, VCAP5-DCD/DCA, VCAP-CID/DTD, VCP4, Security+, MCTS-640, EMCISA, ITILv3 Foundation
    Quote Originally Posted by DPG View Post
    How long does it take for the certification portal to update? I want to order some VCAP shirts to wear to lunch just in case there are some bank owners in my vicinity.
    Probably won't know what's a VCAP.
    2017 Certification Goals: Fun filled world of AWS
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. DPG
    It looks like there may be a public beta of the VCAP6-DCV Deploy exam coming soon. Also, more time available for those that still want to take the version 5 lab.

VCAP5 Exam Retirements Suspended

Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55, MCITP: EA, VA & SA, MCSA 2003: Messaging, MCTS: Windows 7 and working on VCAP-DCD
    That is awesome that they are keeping the V5 ones alive longer. I scheduled the DCA on last day June 2nd but might move it now to get more prepared. Also nice to be able to get the DCD in too.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Virtually Certifiable tbgree00's Avatar

Certifications
    Is there any idea when the beta will be available for scheduling?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCSA, CCNA, VCP5-DCV
    Quote Originally Posted by tbgree00 View Post
    Save the money and buy a month of pluralsight/see if the company will spring for it. The Optimize and Scale class there is great. It's designed to the DCA blueprint. It's designed for 5.0 but there are is only one new domain (replication).

He pushes command line and VMA. Heed his wisdom with that.

To take this class, do you recommend the Plus or Standard? I guess the question is, does it have exercise files so it requires Plus? I might sign up for one month for this class.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Virtually Certifiable tbgree00's Avatar

Certifications
    Standard is fine. There aren't any exercise files. You only get the slides to download so it's totally not worth plus.

If you want to get the most out of the class have a 5.5 vCenter server, at least one host, the vMA, and powercli installed. You could do this with fusion, workstation, or search Autolab out and use their hosted solution. Also download the 5.5 study sheet from The VCAP-DCA 5 Study Sheet - Wahl Network and print it out. Check it off as you watch videos, read, lab, etc.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55, MCITP: EA, VA & SA, MCSA 2003: Messaging, MCTS: Windows 7 and working on VCAP-DCD
    Passed my VCAP55-DCA test today. Woohoo

Big thanks to Josh Andrews his mock test and Paul Grevnick's study guides helped.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Virtually Certifiable tbgree00's Avatar

Certifications
    Congratulations CChilderhouse! Welcome to the club. The stuff from the DCA will help you in a DCD as long as you're strong on the concepts behind the clicks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by tbgree00 View Post
    Congratulations CChilderhouse! Welcome to the club. The stuff from the DCA will help you in a DCD as long as you're strong on the concepts behind the clicks.
    Thanks. Yeah I am starting to study for the DCD now and hope to get it schedule prior to retirement. Then on to Version 6
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP: R&S, CCDA, CCNA: Security, CCNA: R&S, MTA: Networking Fundamentals, Security+, Network+, Linux+, A+, Project+
    Quote Originally Posted by DPG View Post
    I wish I could convince some of my customers to implement DMVPN. Much easier than managing dozens of tunnels per site.
    I re-designed out DMVPN environment in my spare time at work. It's not actually done right currently in the sense that all of the branch offices really go through the DMVPN hub to talk to other branch offices (this is going to be fixed when I implement the changes). This really came about because it was mentioned while I was on the ROUTE portion of the CCNP, but it was beyond the scope of the book but I had to dig deeper because I knew we were not doing it the best way. It doesn't really solve any problems, but in the process I am moving us to certificate based authentication. I learned a bunch of stuff like VRF, ZBF, etc and hope to implement it soon. Good resume builder.

But really, I have to ask - there has to be a situation where DMVPN is actually extremely useful. In our case, the backup circuits are just broadband circuits with this DMVPN stuff. So, they do not even get used usually (we would like to do iWan but I do not see it happening this year). So really, all sites connect back to HQ through an MPLS connection. But even if they did not, HQ is where most servers are stored + proxy + everything else. Internal phone calls benefit, and users visiting a branch can potentially download files from their home branch faster, but really this was all about learning and resume building for me. Just looking for a solid real world case where it's absolutely the way to go.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Social Networking & Bookmarks