+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    VCAP-DCA/DCD;VCP5-DCV;MCSE 2012;CCNP;CCNA Security;Security+;A+

Default Renewing certifications...

I have passed the VCP5, VCAP5-DCA/DCD and VCP-NV exams. All are due for renewal by next June.

My understanding is that a single VCAP exam on vSphere 6 (design I guess) would renew the VCP and VCAPs. Would it also extend the NV? Cisco does this, no matter which "product line" you certify in, they all renew, as "continued education", which is fair.

I intend to do the VCIX-NV once I get some actual hands on with the product, the Canadian market isn't big enough for us to have many opportunities to deploy this. Hopefully next year!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Self-Described Huguenot blargoe's Avatar

Certifications
    VCAP5-DCA; VCP 3/4/5/6 (DCV); EMCSA:CLARiiON; Linux+; MCSE:M 2000/2003; MCSE:S 2000/2003; MCTS:Exch2007; Security+; A+; CCNA (expired)
    It renews the VCP-DCV, and you continue to be VCAP on v5 or whatever it is that you have. Not sure about NV.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 10/27/2017 - Passed Microsoft 70-410 (one exam left for MCSA 2012)
    Working on: MCSA 2012 upgrade from 2003 (to heck with 2008!!), MCSA 2016 upgrade, more Linux
    Thinking about: VCP6-CMA, AWS Solution Architect (Associate), Python, VCAP6-DCD (for completing VCIX)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCIX-NV, VCAP5-DCD/DTA/DCA, VCP-5/DT, MCSA: 2008, MCITP: EA, MCTS x5, ITIL v3, MCSA: M, MS in Telecom Engg
    For starters, the VCAPs dont expire, just the VCPs that do. From what I have caught on in the vExpert/VCIX slack forums, you now require a valid VCP:NV/VCP6:NV to be able to take the VCIX:NV (which I see you do). When you pass the VCIX:NV, it'll renew your VCPs.
    VCDX: DCV - Round 2 rescheduled (by VMware) for December 2017.

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks