+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VCP6-DCV - Pass

1. Self-Described Huguenot blargoe's Avatar

Certifications
    VCAP5-DCA; VCP 3/4/5/6 (DCV); EMCSA:CLARiiON; Linux+; MCSE:M 2000/2003; MCSE:S 2000/2003; MCTS:Exch2007; Security+; A+; CCNA (expired)

Default VCP6-DCV - Pass

Passed this with a 397 today. Got it in with about 4 weeks to spare before my cert expired.

I thought it was harder than previous VCP exams. I suspect some of the more fundamental vCenter constructs, configuration maximums, etc that I used to see on tests must be in the VCA now. I tried giving myself 2 weeks to study for the test thinking that would be enough time to pick up some of the newer vSphere 6 stuff that I am not using in any of my environments, plus accounting for me not having deployed vCSA in a real environment, and I ended up rescheduling twice because I wasn't ready.

Now that this one is out of the way, I have a lot of catching up to do in general with certification. Last year was hell personally and I didn't have the mental energy or the time for much of anything. I'm making a push to get updated Windows certs to the MCSA level (low hanging fruit for the most part that I have not been particularly motivated to grab) before getting back to VMware... VCP6(or 7)-CDM may be what I jump into next, now that I have licensing to deploy most of the vRealize suite in my environment.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 10/27/2017 - Passed Microsoft 70-410 (one exam left for MCSA 2012)
    Working on: MCSA 2012 upgrade from 2003 (to heck with 2008!!), MCSA 2016 upgrade, more Linux
    Thinking about: VCP6-CMA, AWS Solution Architect (Associate), Python, VCAP6-DCD (for completing VCIX)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CASP, SEC+, NET+, A+, NST, CST, ACE...
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCIX-NV, VCAP5-DCD/DCA, VCAP-CID/DTD, VCP4, Security+, MCTS-640, EMCISA, ITILv3 Foundation
    Congrats. I don't have this one.
    2017 Certification Goals: Fun filled world of AWS
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member
    Congratulations!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE:CP&I, SI, MCITPx2, MCSAx2, MCTSx7, VCP6/5/4/3(DCV), EMCISA, Sec+, ITILv3F, legacy MS
    Congrats on the pass! I just about got through the VCP6-DCV delta exam last week (a couple of weeks before mine expired), and I thought it was harder than previous versions too. Good luck on the rest of your studies.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Network +, MTA: 98-366, 367,MCP, MCTS Win 7, VCP-DCV, MCSA SERVER 2012, MCTS Hyper-V
    Congrats!
    Certs Gained 2017: 70-410, 70-411,74-409, MCSA Server 2012r2
    Upcoming: Security +, ITIL FOUNDATIONS, 70-345 Exchange Server 2016, Ccent

“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” - 1 Thessalonians 5:11
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks