+ Reply to Thread
  1. Member

Default Freaking Confused

To make a long story short -

I'm currently certified in VCP5 and VCP6. My certification is set to expire this month...I took the VCP6 exam last month thinking it would renew my cert. It did not. Anyhow I spoke with a VMware rep over the phone who stated that if I took the VCP6(Delta) it would renew both of my certifications.

Another rep told me through email that taking the delta exam would NOT renew either of the certifications. I would need to take the VCP6.5 exam either normal or delta. I haven't worked with 6.5 yet.

According to VMware's policy, I'd need to either go VCAP6 or try my hand at VCP6.5.

1. Advance to the next level by earning a VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP) certification. For example, if you are a VCP6-DCV you could earn VCAP6-DCV Deploy certification.
    2. Pass the current exam for your existing VCP certification solution track. For example, if you are a VCP5-DCV, you could take the current (VCP6-DCV) exam.
    3. Earn a new VCP certification in a different solution track. For example, if you are a VCP-Cloud, you could recertify by earning VCP6-DTM certification.

Advice is appreciated.
    Last edited by Johnjones; 09-05-2017 at 03:06 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CISSP, SSCP, CCSK, VCP6-DCV, MCSEx4, CompTIA
    Take the delta exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE VCP2 VCP3 VCP4 VCP5 VCAP4-DCA VCI
    Assuming you already passed VCP510 or VCP550 to gain your VCP5-DCV, and then 2V0-621D to "upgrade" that to VCP6-DCV - you'll need to gain a net-new certification in order to renew - that would explain why passing 2V0-621 has not renewed you.

If I've got all that right, you'll need to pass 2V0-622D to gain you VCP6.5-DCV, or gain a different VCP, or gain a VCAP in DCV.
    Last edited by scott28tt; 09-05-2017 at 03:51 PM.
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Self-Described Huguenot blargoe's Avatar

Certifications
    VCAP5-DCA; VCP 3/4/5/6 (DCV); EMCSA:CLARiiON; Linux+; MCSE:M 2000/2003; MCSE:S 2000/2003; MCTS:Exch2007; Security+; A+; CCNA (expired)
    In the past, I had been told that the delta exam was enough, but that may have been at a point when a new exam version (like with 6.0 -> 6.5). I think it "should" be enough (Actually, I feel that any available VCP regardless of version should be sufficient to extend the timeline, but I don't make the rules).

I would ask to escalate to this rep's manager, personally. You passed a current exam, I think you have a good argument.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 10/27/2017 - Passed Microsoft 70-410 (one exam left for MCSA 2012)
    Working on: MCSA 2012 upgrade from 2003 (to heck with 2008!!), MCSA 2016 upgrade, more Linux
    Thinking about: VCP6-CMA, AWS Solution Architect (Associate), Python, VCAP6-DCD (for completing VCIX)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCDX:NV - A+ Net+ Sec+ MCSA08 CISSP CCNA B.S. IT/WGU
    Email education@vmware.com for an official answer, follow that guidance and then hold them to it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks