+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Albemarle, NC
    Posts
    287
    #1

    Default Changes coming to the VMware IT Academy Program

    Hello! Stanly Community College wanted to make everyone aware of changes coming to the VMware IT Academy program in the next 5 months. VMware has informed academies worldwide that they will no longer be able to offer classes through Continuing Education programs as of July 31, 2018. Additionally, VMware is not going to allow academies to teach the official Install, Configure and Manage or Optimize and Scale classes as of 31 July 2018. A new VCA level course that will fulfill the class requirement for VCP certification will be available via an option in our curriculum program. More details will be available later this year.

    However, this decision by VMware means that your costs for our classes will go from $185.00 USD to the following after 31 July 2018:
    In-State Students: $342.25 USD
    Out-of-State Students: $918.25 USD

    SCC will have two more sessions of Install, Configure and Manage and Optimize and Scale through our Continuing Education program at our current pricing structure. If you or anyone you know wants VMware training from SCC, these classes should be taken as soon as possible. The next session begins in March and the final session will begin in May. To sign up for the class waitlist, go to https://www.stanly.edu/it-academy and click on the "VMware IT Academy" logo. You then need to click on "Enroll Now" and place your name on the waitlist. SCC will try to accommodate as many students as we can, but we cannot guarantee placement in either session. To be fair, we enroll students in the order they sign up on the waitlist.

    SCC is committed to providing students with affordable, accessible and excellent IT training. We regret that the changes VMware is making to the program increase student costs and limit course availability. If you use VMware products in your environment and are not happy with the changes VMware has made to the VMware IT Academy program, we suggest you speak with your Dell/EMC/VMware representative(s) regarding your dissatisfaction with the changes.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    18
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by STANLY_CC View Post
    Hello! Stanly Community College wanted to make everyone aware of changes coming to the VMware IT Academy program in the next 5 months. VMware has informed academies worldwide that they will no longer be able to offer classes through Continuing Education programs as of July 31, 2018. Additionally, VMware is not going to allow academies to teach the official Install, Configure and Manage or Optimize and Scale classes as of 31 July 2018. A new VCA level course that will fulfill the class requirement for VCP certification will be available via an option in our curriculum program. More details will be available later this year.

    However, this decision by VMware means that your costs for our classes will go from $185.00 USD to the following after 31 July 2018:
    In-State Students: $342.25 USD
    Out-of-State Students: $918.25 USD

    SCC will have two more sessions of Install, Configure and Manage and Optimize and Scale through our Continuing Education program at our current pricing structure. If you or anyone you know wants VMware training from SCC, these classes should be taken as soon as possible. The next session begins in March and the final session will begin in May. To sign up for the class waitlist, go to https://www.stanly.edu/it-academy and click on the "VMware IT Academy" logo. You then need to click on "Enroll Now" and place your name on the waitlist. SCC will try to accommodate as many students as we can, but we cannot guarantee placement in either session. To be fair, we enroll students in the order they sign up on the waitlist.

    SCC is committed to providing students with affordable, accessible and excellent IT training. We regret that the changes VMware is making to the program increase student costs and limit course availability. If you use VMware products in your environment and are not happy with the changes VMware has made to the VMware IT Academy program, we suggest you speak with your Dell/EMC/VMware representative(s) regarding your dissatisfaction with the changes.
    Stanly,

    First and foremost thanks for being upfront about this. You know that you are frequently talked about and suggested for those interested in obtaining training. You are giving us the heads up which is awesome. You are keeping us informed.

    Thanks for that useful information.
    Last edited by johndoee; 02-07-2018 at 03:21 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Albemarle, NC
    Posts
    287
    #3
    Thank you for your kind regards. Please be assured we will always be upfront with our students and potential students. We regret these changes as much as you do, but the decision was not ours.

    Quote Originally Posted by johndoee View Post
    Stanly,

    First and foremost thanks for being upfront about this. You know that you are frequently talked about and suggested for those interested in obtaining training. You are giving us the heads up with is awesome. You are keeping us informed.

    Thanks for that useful information.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    307

    Certifications
    MS in Security Information, Sec+,A+, Server+, Network+, Certified Network Defense Profesional (CNDP), Certified Cybercrime Forensic Investigator
    #4
    This is nice! Thanks for sharing!
    2018 Year goals:
    CCNA Cyber Ops - Cohort 5.
    CCENT-CCNA [loading..]
    "They say my dream is to big, I say they think to small" Brad Sugars
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. California Kid JoJoCal19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,419

    Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    #5
    Wow, it seems VMware gets more and more unfriendly towards those of us doing certifications. Good think I joined the waitlist a couple weeks back and just received confirmation I'll be attending the March session.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, AWS Certified Security - Specialty, Learning Linux & Python
    Next Up:​ AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
    Reading:​ A Cloud Guru, Code Academy
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    70

    Certifications
    CCNA R&S & Security, MCSA: Server 2012 & Office 365
    #6
    Been offered March, however, I asked to postpone to May as I'll have much more time - no problems with this.

    It's a shame this change has come by VMware. I feel it's now or never if I want to get certified with VMware as a result.
    2018 Goals: CCNP Route 300-101[X], CCNP Switch 300-115[], CCNP T'Shoot 300-135[], 70-409[], 70-412[]
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. California Kid JoJoCal19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,419

    Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by urstuffplz1 View Post
    I feel it's now or never if I want to get certified with VMware as a result.
    Same here. Only reason I'm pursuing it is that I'm moving into a security architect role at work and the Sr. Director mentioned VMware would be good to get up to speed on because of hybrid cloud environments I'd be working on.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, AWS Certified Security - Specialty, Learning Linux & Python
    Next Up:​ AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
    Reading:​ A Cloud Guru, Code Academy
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Reticulating splines... iBrokeIT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    1,049

    Certifications
    GCIH, GSEC, VCAP5-DCA, VCP5-DCV, MCITP:EA, MCSA 2003/08
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 View Post
    Same here. Only reason I'm pursuing it is that I'm moving into a security architect role at work and the Sr. Director mentioned VMware would be good to get up to speed on because of hybrid cloud environments I'd be working on.
    Hopefully you are aware that their re-certification cycle is 2 years for the VCP level. On top of all your security certifications that gets to be a lot to maintain.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks