+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    Beer+
    I will have very little time to study before going into this one so im hoping that elementary overview of VDI/Med-V/App-V and breezing the new features in R2, coupled with my experience with Hyper-V/SCVMM 08 will eek out a pass for me
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    Beer+
    Had this scheduled for tuesday and didnt end up being able to get away from work to sit it

Oh well, you cant win em all
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member
    Unlucky Hyper. Will you be doing this once it's live?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BS&MS-CompSci, CCNA, CCNP, Hyper-V, CCAI
    Took this sucker today. Seems like if you havent rolled out some real honest enterprise-level Hyper-V and some SANs, along with a fair amount of VDI/App-V and SCVMM R2, you might as well forget about.

After I dredged through 75 virtualization questions, I passed 646 (MCITP: SA). Piece of cake.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSD Web Apps/SharePoint Applications, MCITP: DBA 2005/2008, EA, EDA7, Linux+, Sec+, MCSE, MCDST, MCTS
    I hate to admit it but I bailed on this exam. I did not feel well when I woke up on the Saturday I had the exam scheduled for and said f'it!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    Beer+
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmcmint View Post
    Unlucky Hyper. Will you be doing this once it's live?
    Definitely.

I'll be trying to get a shot at the VDI/App-v/Med-v exam too that should be in beta soon.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by bowulf View Post
    I took the exam on Tuesday, and while I have no clue how I did (pass or fail), the exam was certainly doable. The bar setting activity for this exam will be interesting and probably determinant if I passed or not. I have a feeling the bar will be set higher than perhaps it was on Windows 7.
    I just took it and felt pretty confident. I think I have a shot at passing. I went through most of the Mastering Microsoft Virtualization book.

However, today was by far the worst experience I've had with a Prometric testing site (I've taken 10 Prometric exams in the last year and never had any problem at any other testing site). I just renewed my driver's license, and the DMV employee hole punched it. Apparently this makes it an invalid form of ID! I guess I share some blame on this, since maybe I should have known that it was invalid... however, when the DMV employee hole punched it, she said I could still use it as a photo ID, so I figured it was OK.

However, the testing center staff person was extremely rude about it, which was uncalled for. I asked if we could call Prometric for clarification of the policy, and she refused. I called myself and Prometric said that the hole punch does indeed make it invalid, but they could make an exception if the testing center agreed.

I figured the testing site wouldn't agree, so I drove home to retrieve my passport, and drove back to take the exam (over an hour round trip). When I took the exam, the computer was extremely slow. Between each question there was a 5-10 second delay, and after the exam was finished I had to wait about five minutes for the comments section to appear, and then the PC was to slow to even reach the testing site survey, so I eventually just gave up.

I should have known better than go to this site again. I passed the 70-647 there a few months ago, and I had to wait 45 minutes after my appointment time before taking the exam (it was crowded that day, although almost nobody was taking IT exams, so I opted to give them another chance... big mistake). What was supposed to be a slightly long lunch break turned into a nearly 4 hour ordeal!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks