+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 First ... 61213141516
  1. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STANLY_CC View Post
    Stanly CC can offer the VMware class only to individuals and not as part of corporate training. The course is conducted entirely online, including labs, in an asynchronous manner which basically means it is available to students 24/7. Students can study at their own pace provided you meet the minimum due dates set by the instructor. The courses are 8 weeks in length, and the current tuition & lab fee costs total $185. There is also an optional textbook available through our book store.

We enroll students in the VMware courses in the order in which they registered on our online wait list. If you have not added your information to this list please do so at https://vmware.stanly.edu/waitlist.php.
    At this time, due to evolving changes in higher education regulations, SCC is unable to serve all of the students that are interested in our courses or programs. SCC will no longer be able to offer distance education online programs or courses for students residing in Alaska, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wyoming.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. You can also visit our VMware page on our SCC website at VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage
    -Stanly_CC
    thanks...i noticed it says 5.1 at the site...will i be disqualified to take the 5.5 exam if i take this course to fulfill pre-req?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member Registered Member
    This course would satisfy the course requirement. You can take either the 510 or the 550 exam to get VCP5-DCV.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dustinpoplin View Post
    This course would satisfy the course requirement. You can take either the 510 or the 550 exam to get VCP5-DCV.
    cool..thks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member
    Hello guyz. Please has anybody registered for the Stanly CC January 13 VMware ICM class?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    VCP6-DCV, MCSA: Server 2012, VCP5-DCV, CCNA:Sec, BCvRE, MSCA Win 7, CCNA:R&S, CCENT, Network+, A+
    Quote Originally Posted by cypher2decypher View Post
    Hello guyz. Please has anybody registered for the Stanly CC January 13 VMware ICM class?

Yes I have registered.
    Class is full AFAIK
    2017 Goals
    Recertify: CCNA R&S
    Linux Knowledge
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Krusader View Post
    Yes I have registered.
    Class is full AFAIK
    I have registered too. I just wanted to catch up with all those involved so that I can stay informed. Any suggestions for a budget home lab that will be sufficient to practice well enough for the vcp-dcv exams will be highly appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCP5-DCV
    Who is taking the class next week? If so, do you have a lab setup at home also?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCP,MCSD,SCP, VCA:DCV,Cloud,WM
    am taking the course
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. R's child has far to go thatguy67's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNA:R&S, Linux+/LPIC-1/CLA, MCSA:Server 2012, SCS:DLP 12, Security+, VCP5-DCV
    If anyone is in the northern Los Angeles/Ventura area, there is a class at Moorpark College that starts in a week. Physical classroom meetings once a week at night. For residents you only pay around $150.
    2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCSA, CCNA, VCP5-DCV
    Quote Originally Posted by zcarenow View Post
    I am taking the class and I have a home lab. Today I ran some CAT5e from my office to my garage where I have 3-Dell R410 servers. I started reading the VMware and Sybex book.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member
    I had a lab when I took the class too, however I completed the class in 3 weeks and then just logged in once a week till the class was over. Having tinkered with the home-lab leading up to the class really helped.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCP5-DCV
    Quote Originally Posted by GAB1900 View Post
    I am taking the class and I have a home lab. Today I ran some CAT5e from my office to my garage where I have 3-Dell R410 servers. I started reading the VMware and Sybex book.
    i have two Dell Precision T7400 workstations at home. Gonna have to figure out how to setup a lab with these workstations. Will start tomorrow. Anyone with good suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCSA, CCNA, VCP5-DCV
    i have two Dell Precision T7400 workstations at home. Gonna have to figure out how to setup a lab with these workstations. Will start tomorrow. Anyone with good suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.
    Probably you will want to mimic your class lab? Just have them ready with ESXi and wait for the labs to start. Just a guess.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCIE:DC, CCNP:DC, CCNA:DC, CCDA, VCP:DCV, VCP:NV, JNCIA-JUNOS
    I would probably start just by walking through the ESXI install on both of them, and deploy the Vcenter appliance and get the two hosts added. You may have to tweak the dell esxi disk with drivers (some precisions work out of box, some take some help, depening generally on the RAID card and the network card).

There's nothing more valuable than just doing it. Even if it's not working just right and frustrating you, you're going to learn. Then of course come back to the forum and ask for help and we'll help you get it working
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCP5-DCV
    Thanks everyone. Will try to get installation for ESXi 5.5 going
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Junior Member
    i did already registered and paid out.
    waiting for instructions..
    1.hvn't received any email yet...how about you all...

2.I've only one computer with 8GB memory and amd six core cpu...need advice on home lab setup...

3.which books best to follow...didn't purchase from them..

4. is it possible to take a test after course completion.

thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Junior Member
    Has anybody received notifications for the start of the Jan 13 class yet?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCP5-DCV
    Quote Originally Posted by cypher2decypher View Post
    Has anybody received notifications for the start of the Jan 13 class yet?
    Nope. I haven't yet. The class is still scheduled for the 13th right? Isn't the instructor suppose to provide us a link to the labs so we can logon?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Junior Member
    Nope. I haven't yet. The class is still scheduled for the 13th right? Isn't the instructor suppose to provide us a link to the labs so we can logon?
    I just got an email from Stanly CC with the link. Class will be accessible from **9am** Eastern Time Zone (UTC-05:00) 13th Jan 2015
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCP5-DCV
    there have been technical glitches with their labs, so the class has been extended to March 10th instead of the original March 3th end.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCP5-DCV
    Have they fixed the labs yet? I haven't gotten any notice over the weekend.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. The whole Shebang! hiddenknight821's Avatar

Certifications
    BS:IT, RHCSA
    I'd have to assume they are since we didn't get an email back. I didn't count how many pods there were in the labs as I didn't bother logging in until this morning for the first time. At the time of this writing, only three pods are left.

By the way, we already have a thread for the Stanly January-March class. Come join us there if you're in it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Junior Member
    Just wondering if it is possible to jump in currently running classes?

I did quite weird mistake - took vsphere4 classes couple of years ago, but passed VCP5-DCV exam yesterday. Now I need ICM training ASAP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Senior Member
    At Stanly we cannot allow students in a class once it has started, but here is some information that may help you. We can offer the VMware class only to individuals and not as part of corporate training. The course is conducted entirely online, including labs, in an asynchronous manner which basically means it is available to students 24/7. Students can study at their own pace provided you meet the minimum due dates set by the instructor. The courses are 8 weeks in length, and the current tuition & lab fee costs total $185. There is also an optional textbook available through our book store.

We enroll students in the VMware courses in the order in which they registered on our online wait list. If you have not added your information to this list please do so at https://vmware.stanly.edu/waitlist.php. We apologize for any delay, but as you can imagine these classes are extremely popular. We make every effort to accommodate all students in a timely manner.

At this time, due to evolving changes in higher education regulations, SCC is unable to serve all of the students that are interested in our courses or programs. SCC will no longer be able to offer distance education online programs or courses for students residing in Alaska, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wyoming.
    -Stanly CC

Quote Originally Posted by AlexL View Post
    Just wondering if it is possible to jump in currently running classes?

I did quite weird mistake - took vsphere4 classes couple of years ago, but passed VCP5-DCV exam yesterday. Now I need ICM training ASAP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Member

Certifications
    CWNA, CWTS, A+/N+/S+, ITIL, MTA
    Any non-Stanly recommendations for someone in Indiana? CCCTI is now charging $1795 and that is tough to swallow since I'm paying out of pocket.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 First ... 61213141516

Social Networking & Bookmarks