+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 First 12 345612 ... Last

Certifications
    A+, CCNA, MCTS
    Quote Originally Posted by MentholMoose View Post
    This will probably be the cheapest option, but you need access to a school offering the course. I lucked out and was able to take the ICM 4 course at a community college and the cost, including materials and the VCP410 exam, came out to about US $250.
    I will be going this route starting next week. It is being offered for the first time at my local CC and can be taken as continuing ed or credit. $185.00 not including materials - and does include a discount on the exam. It will be interesting to see what the lab machines will look like and how they will be setup to teach the course.

I built a white box over the weekend and got esxi and a couple of VM's going on it. I guess I get to sit on the front row
    Last edited by pacotaco; 03-13-2012 at 04:27 AM. Reason: spellin'
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member Registered Member
    Anyone know of any community colleges that offer VMware certification coursework in the New York metro area?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    VCP-Cloud, VCP 5, CDIA+, Net+, MCP, Sec+, Server+, MCSA, ITIL, CCENT, CCNA, VCP 6
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    I will be going this route starting next week. It is being offered for the first time at my local CC and can be taken as continuing ed or credit. $185.00 not including materials - and does include a discount on the exam. It will be interesting to see what the lab machines will look like and how they will be setup to teach the course.

I built a white box over the weekend and got esxi and a couple of VM's going on it. I guess I get to sit on the front row
    Is that 185 * 3 credits = $555?

Mine was $599 not including the books. Books and labs are the same as the commerical class, but you work teams due to resources.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISA, CSSA, C|EH, C|HFI, GCFE, GPEN, GAWN, VCP5, MCTS, MCITP, ITIL v3 Foundation
    The books (+labs) are now in digital format with UCSC. It costs only 18$US. You can use it on PC, Mac or iPad.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, CCNA, MCTS
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseyelite View Post
    Is that 185 * 3 credits = $555?

Mine was $599 not including the books. Books and labs are the same as the commerical class, but you work teams due to resources.
    $185 total price, and I'm guessing that does not include the books. I will not find out about the books until 3/20. If they are the same are you still looking to sell? Class is Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:30-8ish. 600 isn't bad if it supports your lifestyle better - I think yours was weekend.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    VCP-Cloud, VCP 5, CDIA+, Net+, MCP, Sec+, Server+, MCSA, ITIL, CCENT, CCNA, VCP 6
    Thats a good deal for $185. Mine was through the Continuing Education and is probably the reason for being more. Still cheaper than the 3k price tag. It was 5 Saturdays, 8-5. I'm still using the books at this time.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member

Certifications
    CCNA- CCNA-VOICE.. CCVP IN PROGRESS
    any one have the link for next vmware CCC&TI class
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. DoWork
    A major Illinois hospital system near you

Certifications
    vExpert, VCAP5-DCA/DCD, VCP5-DCV, VCIX-NV, VCP-NV, BSTM
    Quote Originally Posted by xzyan View Post
    any one have the link for next vmware CCC&TI class
    CCC&TI
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by QHalo View Post
    and presto they have bumped up the cost to $1500
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anobomski View Post
    and presto they have bumped up the cost to $1500
    Can't blame them. I wonder how many students are there via Techexams.net
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. DoWork

Certifications
    I took the course there. Was the first one for VCP5 and the first one they had of the year. It was only $1000 but I can see how they increased it. Even at $1500 they are still cheaper than the normal $3500. Still sucks though.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Member

Certifications
    I took the course there. Was the first one for VCP5 and the first one they had of the year. It was only $1000 but I can see how they increased it. Even at $1500 they are still cheaper than the normal $3500. Still sucks though.

was it good class ? can you describe how the labs works ? , do you think newbie for vmware will learn and be able to perform from this class ?

Thank you !!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. DoWork

Certifications
    The labs were nested ESXi hosts running on their clusters. It was a bit slow at times but performed well overall. They basically give you a View desktop into their environment and you work from there. 24/7 access to the desktop and to your equipment. A newbie is still going to need tons of practice and labs. But it gives you a pretty good foundation.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Member

Certifications
    The labs were nested ESXi hosts running on their clusters. It was a bit slow at times but performed well overall. They basically give you a View desktop into their environment and you work from there. 24/7 access to the desktop and to your equipment. A newbie is still going to need tons of practice and labs. But it gives you a pretty good foundation.

ty !!! for the reply , i just grabbed mastering vmware 5 book , i will read it little and then decide ... so far the reading is good
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA, CWTS, CCNA Voice, A.A.S. in Networking
    I'm probably only taking 1 class over the summer and it is an Advanced Server technology class that is pretty much all VMware. Wonder if I'll get a voucher at the end of the class. I noticed my University is on that list.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Junior Member
    QHalo or anyone who took the CCC&TI course, was attendance critical? Since the class schedule is in eastern standard time, there's no way I would be able to attend it. I did talk to the course organizer and he said sometime one has to be live with course for some sort of registration.

It's a bummer that they raise the cost to $1500 bucks. A few months ago, it was at $1000.

Is the UCSC course still going? I've just checked it and it only has the "inquire" button. Where as before, they have a schedule and cost of the course.

Also, does anyone know how soon do I have to complete the vmware course after I passed the VCP5 exam in order to become a VCP5 officially?
    Last edited by pusher; 06-25-2012 at 05:46 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Member

Certifications
    VCP5, CCNA, CCNA:Sec, N+, S+
    Bumping an old thread for the same question. Is attendance mandatory? I really want to get in on this but have to work late a few nights a week.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Senior Member

Certifications
    Life
    Talk to your instructor, and adviser before signing up for the class. Instructor might [he is NOT required to, it all depends on the teacher's willingness to help you out] give you some extra credit work to do, to make up for the missing classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by daba View Post
    Bumping an old thread for the same question. Is attendance mandatory? I really want to get in on this but have to work late a few nights a week.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCDST, MCSA, CCENT, GSEC
    Anyone know of a cheaper option than $1000 in the Colorado area? I can't afford that but really want VCP5
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
    Talk to your instructor, and adviser before signing up for the class. Instructor might [he is NOT required to, it all depends on the teacher's willingness to help you out] give you some extra credit work to do, to make up for the missing classes.
    I teach the ICM class at a local college and yes attendence is manidatory. You are allowed to miss one class.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by loxleynew View Post
    Anyone know of a cheaper option than $1000 in the Colorado area? I can't afford that but really want VCP5
    I've heard of some colleges offer it cheaper but not in the last year. To be honest, I think the cost is properly alighned. I think it keeps the value up on the certification. You may want to rethink why you are getting the cert, and what value you put on educating yourself. Yes, 1-2k for a class is expensive, yet if it helps get you a job making more money than isn't it worth it? After having a solid year working in VMare and getting the VCP5, I'm now getting offers for 30k more than I made the year before.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, GCIA
    Does anyone in the San Antonio, Texas area have any experience with a class like this at all? I thought about exploring this option during this upcoming fall semester.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. 1337sauce

Certifications
    BS, Linux+, Security+, LPIC-1, MCSE Server 2012, MCSE Desktop, MCSA Server 2008, MCTS 70-[415,681], MCTS 74-409, VCA-DCV, Novell CLA/DCTS/CNS, HDI CSR
    I contacted my uni (alma mater and previous employer) and even though they were on the spreadsheet, they didn't have any info on the program. Emailed VMware and keeping my fingers crossed.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, GCIA
    That's my issue. A local community college is on the spreadsheet but I can't find any info on their website. Guess I'll have to make a visit out there.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. DoWork

Certifications
    Just give them a call and ask. Save yourself a trip.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 First 12 345612 ... Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks