+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Carpe Noctem azjag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    545

    Certifications
    CISSP, VCP4/5, VCAP5-DCA, C|EH, CCENT
    #1

    Default Passed VCP510 today

    As the title states I passed the exam today. Still as hard as I remember when I took it in January. Now to prepare for the VCT exam in a couple of months.

    Good luck to all who are going to attempt it before the deadline.
    Reply With Quote Quote  


  2. Login/register to remove this advertisement.
  3. Member jayc71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    62

    Certifications
    CISSP, VCP3, VCP4, MCSE:S, MCSA:S, MCTS, Sec+, ITIL Foundations
    #2
    Congrats!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. IT n00b dave330i's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    1,218

    Certifications
    VCAP5-DCD/DCA, VCAP-CID/DTD, VCP4, Security+, MCTS-640, EMCISA, ITILv3 Foundation
    #3
    Congrats. Made it before the end of Feb deadline.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Carpe Noctem azjag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    545

    Certifications
    CISSP, VCP4/5, VCAP5-DCA, C|EH, CCENT
    #4
    Forgot to mention this. I received an email asking me to verify my info a week after passing. The next day after i verified everything I received my workstation v8 code via email. I wonder how long the process is to receive the paper certificate in the mail. Especially with the rush to certify before the end of February. The workstation code is coming in handy with my next goal, rhcsa by July. Taking community college classes right now for the redhat training.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Its all smoke and mirrors dales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    216

    Certifications
    VCP3+5, CCP-AD ,CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler,Xenapp 6.5,Xendesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+ 2003, ITIL V3 F, MBCS
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by azjag View Post
    Forgot to mention this. I received an email asking me to verify my info a week after passing. The next day after i verified everything I received my workstation v8 code via email. I wonder how long the process is to receive the paper certificate in the mail. Especially with the rush to certify before the end of February. The workstation code is coming in handy with my next goal, rhcsa by July. Taking community college classes right now for the redhat training.
    I passed mine in december and got the paper cert about 5 weeks later, much better than the 6 months I had to wait for my vcp 3
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Self-Described Huguenot blargoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,791

    Certifications
    VCAP5-DCA; VCP3/4/5; EMCSA:CLARiiON; MCSE:M 2000/2003; MCSE:S 2000/2003; MCTS:Exch2007; Security+; A+; CCNA (expired)
    #6
    I'm still waiting on them to even update my transcript and acknowledge my pass. I guess they got a large influx of existing VCP's waiting until the last minute to upgrade like myself. They told me they were seriously backlogged.
    IT guy since 12/00

    12/3/12 - Passed VCAP5-DCA
    Next: MCITP:SA/MCSA 2008 upgrade or RHCSA
    Future: NetApp NCDA, PMP, ITIL, CCNA
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Its all smoke and mirrors dales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    216

    Certifications
    VCP3+5, CCP-AD ,CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler,Xenapp 6.5,Xendesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+ 2003, ITIL V3 F, MBCS
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by blargoe View Post
    I'm still waiting on them to even update my transcript and acknowledge my pass. I guess they got a large influx of existing VCP's waiting until the last minute to upgrade like myself. They told me they were seriously backlogged.

    I wonder what process they actually have to go to, surely its all cloudy automated (or aparently not)?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Senior Member Sponx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Somewhere, ME.
    Posts
    153

    Certifications
    A+, CWP, Dell
    #8
    Congratulations!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Carpe Noctem azjag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    545

    Certifications
    CISSP, VCP4/5, VCAP5-DCA, C|EH, CCENT
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by dales View Post
    I passed mine in december and got the paper cert about 5 weeks later, much better than the 6 months I had to wait for my vcp 3
    Does the cert look any different?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Virtual Member undomiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    2,809

    Certifications
    MCSA:2008, VCP4/5, CCA (XS), MCITP: EA/VA, MCSE, MCSA, Linux+, Security+, Server+, A+
    #10
    They got my VCP4 exam pass processed on Friday but I'm still waiting for the 5 test to show up.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Senior Member scott28tt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    254

    Certifications
    MCSE VCP2 VCP3 VCP4 VCP5 VCAP4-DCA VCI
    #11
    As per this thread on the VMware community forum, it could take til the end of March for them it process those who recently passed the VCP5 exam:VMware Communities: Current response time from VMware...
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  13. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Silicon Valley,CA
    Posts
    2,199

    Certifications
    AAS:IT Network Systems Administration, A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, VCA-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCA-WM, VCP, CIW: Web Foundations Associate
    #12
    Congrats on pass!!
    2014 Certification Goals: VCP-Cloud [] Linux+ [] CCNA: Security [] Project+ []
    *Associate of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, VCA-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCA-WM, VCP, CIW

    In Progress: B.S. IT- Security, M.S. IT-Network Management
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  14. Its all smoke and mirrors dales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    216

    Certifications
    VCP3+5, CCP-AD ,CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler,Xenapp 6.5,Xendesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+ 2003, ITIL V3 F, MBCS
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by azjag View Post
    Does the cert look any different?
    Not really no!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  15. Carpe Noctem azjag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    545

    Certifications
    CISSP, VCP4/5, VCAP5-DCA, C|EH, CCENT
    #14
    Just an update. I received the certificate in the mail today. Looks exactly the same as the VCP4. I hope the next round of VCP (VCP6 maybe) certificates look better. Maybe something like ISC2 or SANS. This is something I would like to put on the wall at work and be proud of, it just pales in comparison to my CISSP and my Bachelors degree.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  16. Senior Member jamesp1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,360

    Certifications
    A+,Net+,S+,MCSA:S & MCSE:S 2k3,MCITP:SA/EA, CCNA:Security/RS/DC,CCNP, CCIE Written
    #15
    Congrats on the pass!
    Goal: CCIE by 32. Passed CCIE Written: 2/11/2012
    Hours of written prep: 285, Hours reading for the lab: 166
    Hours labbing: 942
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  17. You are already dead jmritenour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Outside the DC Metro Area
    Posts
    534

    Certifications
    RHCE, RHCSA, CISSP, MCSA 2003, MCITP:EA, MCTS: x4, VCP4/5, and others not worth mentioning
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by azjag View Post
    Just an update. I received the certificate in the mail today. Looks exactly the same as the VCP4. I hope the next round of VCP (VCP6 maybe) certificates look better. Maybe something like ISC2 or SANS. This is something I would like to put on the wall at work and be proud of, it just pales in comparison to my CISSP and my Bachelors degree.
    Yeah it is kind of bland, but it's how it looks on the resume that really matters.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks