+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 First 12 34 Last
  1. Junior Member Registered Member
    I was really hoping all the content would be posted so I could finish the class in a week and move on. On the bright side all of the labs are available so we can stay busy for a while.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    VCP6-DCV, MCSEx4, CompTIAx3, GSEC, CISSP..and more
    Anyone know the pricing offhand for the course @ stanly? I've also been looking at the CCC&TI course as well.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    Network+, A+, Security+, MCP (270,290,291), MCSA, MCSA: Security, MCITP:SA, CIW Professional, BS IT, MSIA
    Quote Originally Posted by kiki162 View Post
    Anyone know the pricing offhand for the course @ stanly? I've also been looking at the CCC&TI course as well.
    The course itself is $180 and about $40 for the book so a total cost of about $220 plus at the end you get the 70% voucher at the end bringing the cost of the exam down to about $69
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCP6-DCV, MCSEx4, CompTIAx3, GSEC, CISSP..and more
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyiop View Post
    The course itself is $180 and about $40 for the book so a total cost of about $220 plus at the end you get the 70% voucher at the end bringing the cost of the exam down to about $69
    Cool! Even better!

I don't see any times/days for this course? I see it runs from mid May to mid July right now. (
    CAS-300039-200).

Wonder if anyone has taken the course and passed the exam at all...I'd love to hear feedback on that!

Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Jr Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiki162 View Post

Cool! Even better!

I don't see any times/days for this course? I see it runs from mid May to mid July right now. (
    CAS-300039-200).

Wonder if anyone has taken the course and passed the exam at all...I'd love to hear feedback on that!

Unless you attend a live class at the school there is no time/day, it's all online and done by viewing pre-recorded videos of the instructor going through the vmware manual, nothing too inciteful in the videos so far, maybe it will come later.

My question is does the exam draw it's questions from the material in the manuals? Is it worthwhile to take notes from the manual?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Ran out of room :(
    The ICM course isn't a 1:1 mapping to the exam. The course will not include everything required to pass the VCP exam. The subjects that it does cover may not be deep enough for the exam. You will need to supplement your ICM course with additional lab time and documentation. I recommend downloading the VCP blueprint and using that, plus the linked documents to prepare for the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Jr Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meadIT View Post
    The ICM course isn't a 1:1 mapping to the exam. The course will not include everything required to pass the VCP exam. The subjects that it does cover may not be deep enough for the exam. You will need to supplement your ICM course with additional lab time and documentation. I recommend downloading the VCP blueprint and using that, plus the linked documents to prepare for the exam.
    Thanks for the info, last blueprint i have is 2.6
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE VCP2 VCP3 VCP4 VCP5 VCAP4-DCA VCI
    Quote Originally Posted by makkanosappo View Post
    I was really hoping all the content would be posted so I could finish the class in a week and move on. On the bright side all of the labs are available so we can stay busy for a while.
    VMware IT Academy institutions aren't allowed to do that.
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCTIP/MCSA: Win7 Desktop, MCITP: Server 2008 R2 Virtualization Administrator, 70-681 (Win7 Deployment), CCNA, EMC Storage Associate, A+, Network+
    I lucked out not seeing this course earlier. If I only had a banana for every opportinity I missed!

The course sounds wonderful! Will be watching this thread over the coming weeks, and will enroll at the next opportunity. In Aug or Sept I suppose.
    Last edited by ITMonkey; 03-16-2013 at 05:02 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member
    It seems like to satisfy completion of a module, one is required to finish the lab and quiz. Correct? Do I have to watch the video or hit the play button? I get more info out of it by reading the slides in the module (in the book) than watching it on the website. The instructor is just reading what's on the slide.

Also, does it matter how long I must spend on the website? What if I can finish the lab and quiz in like 5 minutes?
    Last edited by pusher; 03-21-2013 at 02:51 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Member

Certifications
    MCSE 2003, VCP5-DCV
    I've completed all of the labs and watched all of the released lectures; and so far I am little disappointed that we haven't need to use the book yet. I really regret buying it. Oh well, such is life.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member

Certifications
    MSc ISA, CISSP, CISM, MCITP:EA, CEH, CHFI, GIAC 2700, Sec+, Net+, Project+, A+, Strata Green IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Haswell View Post
    I've completed all of the labs and watched all of the released lectures; and so far I am little disappointed that we haven't need to use the book yet. I really regret buying it. Oh well, such is life.
    Have you taken the quizzes? I needed to reference the first text to answer some of the questions on vSphere features.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Member

Certifications
    MCSE 2003, VCP5-DCV
    Quote Originally Posted by forestgiant View Post
    Have you taken the quizzes? I needed to reference the first text to answer some of the questions on vSphere features.
    I've only taken the first two quizzes. I didn't need to reference the book.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Member

Certifications
    VCP5, CCNA, CCNA:Sec, N+, S+
    Anyone else having problems getting to the labs tonight?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. DPG
    Quote Originally Posted by daba View Post
    Anyone else having problems getting to the labs tonight?
    They had planned maintenance.

Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, CCENT
    i think the labs are still down. I still can't get into them. Anyone know when it is supposed to be back up?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. DPG
    The NETLAB+® system will be taken offline on the evening of Sunday, March 31 and will remain offline until the evening of Monday, April 1. A power transformer that supplies the building housing the equipment is being replaced. Please plan accordingly for this outage. We will have the equipment back online as soon as possible. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCSE+I: NT4.0, MCSE: 2000, MCSA: 2008, CCA XenApp, XenServer, XenDesktop, CCAA XenApp, CCSP, NCDA, VCP5-DCV
    Did anyone find out if people outside of the US (Australia) can apply for this course?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Junior Member

Certifications
    ENSA, MCSA:2003, MSCA:2008,MCTS:SBS 2008, MSTC:SBS2011,MCTS: Win2k8R2, Server Virtualization, RWMCP 2012, AIS HP Proliant 2010, CIW Websecurity Profes
    Hello Xordis,
    I'm from the Netherlands and have enrolled in het summer class by emailing to Jana Kennedy (Eagle's One Stop Mentor) at onestop@stanley.edu. She sent me back the following e-mail:
    Yes but you will need to complete the attached registration form. Once I have received this information, I can register you for the class and email you your registration statement. I will also email you a credit card authorization form for you to complete. Please note however the completed credit card authorization form MUST BE FAXED back to our Business Office for you to retain your seat in the class.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCTIP/MCSA: Win7 Desktop, MCITP: Server 2008 R2 Virtualization Administrator, 70-681 (Win7 Deployment), CCNA, EMC Storage Associate, A+, Network+
    OMG ... the two may classes are already full. Guess it is time for monkey to camp out and register for a Fall class offering.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Member

Certifications
    VCP5, CCNA, CCNA:Sec, N+, S+
    Anyone else in the class know when we finish or the last day is? I finished all the labs, tests and watched all the videos. Do we need to "do" anything else?

I also downloaded all the software from the vmware store.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Senior Jr Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daba View Post
    Anyone else in the class know when we finish or the last day is? I finished all the labs, tests and watched all the videos. Do we need to "do" anything else?

I also downloaded all the software from the vmware store.

Believe the last day is the 30th.

In the 2nd manual the last 2 sections are not listed on the website, think it's Patch Mgt and Installing Vsphere, are those modules not covered by the class?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Senior Member

Certifications
    Network+, A+, Security+, MCP (270,290,291), MCSA, MCSA: Security, MCITP:SA, CIW Professional, BS IT, MSIA
    Like some of you I'm finishing up my ICM class at Stanly and was wondering what your experiences were with it?
    Personally I think I may review a few of the sections towards the end before I take my VCP exam but honestly I've used ESX/ESXi since version 3.5 and deployed/maintained ESX 4 so alot of what I already knew carried over infact the I was able to breeze through the first few modules of this course because of that.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Senior Member

Certifications
    MSc ISA, CISSP, CISM, MCITP:EA, CEH, CHFI, GIAC 2700, Sec+, Net+, Project+, A+, Strata Green IT
    Is anyone able to get the vmware voucher today? Apparently Dustin sent the email yesterday but the system already locked us out today (last day of class). The error was "This course is currently unavailable to students".

Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by forestgiant View Post
    Is anyone able to get the vmware voucher today? Apparently Dustin sent the email yesterday but the system already locked us out today (last day of class). The error was "This course is currently unavailable to students".

I noticed the same thing and just sent him an email. I recommend you do the same. How do you think you did?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 First 12 34 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks