+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 First ... 34567

Certifications
    MCSE VCP2 VCP3 VCP4 VCP5 VCAP4-DCA VCI
    There were a couple of comments about whether you need to know more than the ICM training for the exam, yes you do.

Get the exam blueprint from this page (VCP5-DCV) VCP-Datacenter Virtualization and make sure you are skilled in as many objectives as possible including some hands-on.
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    **sigh**

for some reason VMware thinks it's OK to give students access to the Enterprise license which happens to not include vDistributedSwitches ,but it is on the blueprint. It's even covered in the class. So the year long enterprise licenses are worthless if we can't build labs based on vDS x.x since we have to use the eval version.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCTIP/MCSA: Win7 Desktop, MCITP: Server 2008 R2 Virtualization Administrator, 70-681 (Win7 Deployment), CCNA, EMC Storage Associate, A+, Network+
    Worthless? ... I can live with it. And when I absolutely have to work with vDS, I can nest the shorter-term evaluation download vm within the Enterprise version.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member
    Ok Ok it is a minor inconvenience. I was shocked is all.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE VCP2 VCP3 VCP4 VCP5 VCAP4-DCA VCI
    I'm surprised the exam blueprint wasn't mentioned as part of the training, it really is key for those aiming towards the certification. I used to work as a VCI for a VATC and no students left my classes without knowing that.

I'll add that it's the Fast Track class on vSphere that gets closest to matching the exam objectives, not Install Configure Manage.
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member
    Any one took the VCP510PSE exam? Wonder any diff between VCP510 and VCP510PSE...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member
    I'm taking the VCP510PSE tomorrow, hoping for a win!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    GCFE, GCED, GCIH, CISSP, CCSP, and others that should never be mentioned
    Best of luck!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member
    Thanks. I am so genuinely sick of studying. I've reviewed over 3 of the study guides floating out there, 2 of the VMWare cert books, working on my production environment and toying around in the test environment. Doing ok on the practice exams but I hear those aren't a good representation. Ugh.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member
    Made it! Woo! 300/500.

Those were the most obscure questions on the face of the planet and I am glad that I will never have to go through it again. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Will post resources and non NDA breaking tips to teh community.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Learn it, Do it, Know it! Asif Dasl's Avatar

Certifications
    MCSA:2008/7 MCITP:EA/SA EDST/EST MCSE'03 SBS'08/'03 MCDST A+ N+ Sec+ Srv+ VCP5-DCV VCA-DCV/Cloud
    Congrats emerald! You just got it!! I agree about the questions being obscure I passed with 325 2/3 weeks ago and was so relieved as well. I was sick of studying for it too. What's up for you next?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member
    Hmm what's up next I might do CCNA R:S or CCNA:S (depends on how much time I can find).

But first I have to decompress from this experience, plus I have some infrastructure projects on hold.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCTIP/MCSA: Win7 Desktop, MCITP: Server 2008 R2 Virtualization Administrator, 70-681 (Win7 Deployment), CCNA, EMC Storage Associate, A+, Network+
    Congrats, guys! It will be a little longer for me to schedule the exam. I just finished installing a failover vSphere environment in my home lab. Now the hard slog of reading the two books I bought cover-to-cover and labbing them outside the Stanly lab cocoon.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Junior Member

Certifications
    Network+, A+, MCSA, Linux+, CCNA
    Congrats!

Hey, has the course started showing up in VMware transcripts yet? Just curious as I don't want to miss out.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Junior Member
    Passed exam on Friday.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Junior Member

Certifications
    Network+, A+, MCSA, Linux+, CCNA
    Quote Originally Posted by jalu6 View Post
    Congrats!

Hey, has the course started showing up in VMware transcripts yet? Just curious as I don't want to miss out.
    Spoke too soon! Just got an email telling me I was registered and my transcript shows I passed the class.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    GCFE, GCED, GCIH, CISSP, CCSP, and others that should never be mentioned
    Congrats to all who passed.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Senior Member
    Indeed. Good to see all these wins given the (purported but completely true IMO) difficulty of the exam.

Quote Originally Posted by jalu6 View Post
    Spoke too soon! Just got an email telling me I was registered and my transcript shows I passed the class.

I'm pleasantly surprised at the smoothness of the system. I assumed there would be some type of song and dance to get everything to sync up, but it look like my exam and class have both registered immediately within the profile.
    Last edited by emerald_octane; 07-15-2013 at 03:06 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Junior Member
    anyone have issues logging into myvmware.com? I cant get in with the email address I supplied the school..

also, seeing how this is for 5.0 and not 5.1 should I just use 5.1 anyways or try to DL all 5.0 environment for lab?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 First ... 34567

Social Networking & Bookmarks