+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 First 12 34 Last
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    MTA:OS, MTA:N, MTA:SA, MTA:S, MCTS:70-640, Solarwinds Cert. Prof. VCA-DCV, VCA-WM - Expired CompTia Net+
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
    Yup, just completed the course overview... good to go.
    Did yours have any content when you clicked course overview? Mine only has an attempt quiz now button, no content to read before taking a quiz?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Server+, PDI+, MCITP: Enterprise Administrator, CCNA, VCP5-DCV
    Quote Originally Posted by cruwl View Post
    Did yours have any content when you clicked course overview? Mine only has an attempt quiz now button, no content to read before taking a quiz?
    Yep, it just confirms that you understand what is required of you for the course, which is explained in the question itself.

It's more of a consent form, rather than a quiz. Same thing with the VMWare registration one.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member Registered Member
    I'm in the class also... did the quiz and looking forward to what's ahead.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCNP Security, Sec+
    I'm in the class too. I've been lurking here for a long time but finally registered for the forums a few months back.

Wish more modules would open up for the weekend. So far it shows only 1-3 on the page and the only 'quiz' is module 2. I want to fly through this... too anxious!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member

Certifications
    Yeah, same. Modules 4-6 should open on Monday I believe.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA: R&S, Security, CyberOps; CompTIA: A+, N+, S+, L+, P+; MTA, MCP, ITIL Foundation, CIW DDS
    How does one track their Netlabs progress? I'm done with Lab 6 so far. I can't find anything on Netlab to see if I completed the exercises.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    vExpert | CCA | CCAA | MCSA | MCTS | MCITP:EMA 2010 | VCP5-DCV/DT | VTSP4/5 | VSP 5 | Network +
    I also just completed lab 6... they seem to be available so I don't know why they wouldn't count.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Member

Certifications
    CCNP, MCSE 2012, VCP6
    You guys can relax about the labs. There is no big "CONGRATULATIONS" banner after completing one, or even all of them. If you're done, you're done. The instructors have ways of logging and and checking the progress; no need to bother them about it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    Security+, HBSS, Oracle Solaris 10 Administration, Linux+
    Has anyone been able to log in this weekend?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member

Certifications
    GSEC,GCIH,GSNA,GCCC, All AWS Certifications
    I just got the material today. I mean the books !
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member

Certifications
    MTA:OS, MTA:N, MTA:SA, MTA:S, MCTS:70-640, Solarwinds Cert. Prof. VCA-DCV, VCA-WM - Expired CompTia Net+
    Anyone else having issues launching labs?

I keep getting an error when its starting up the pod. Just sent an email to the instructor hopefully its fixed soon.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member

Certifications
    I had some issues a few hours ago. Waited an hour or so, then relaunched and it was ok. I also moved from Chrome to Firefox. It runs a little smoother. It's working for me now.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member

Certifications
    Security+
    Guess I'll try firefox. In Chrome I ran out of time (1 hour 15 minutes) because the damn thing wouldn't save/load when doing the vCenter Appliance lab....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    vExpert | CCA | CCAA | MCSA | MCTS | MCITP:EMA 2010 | VCP5-DCV/DT | VTSP4/5 | VSP 5 | Network +
    If you get timeout errors, it's not an issue with the browser, but with performance of the lab due to having other people in the middle of their lab.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Senior Member

Certifications
    Was finally able to get in now.
    Last edited by cruwl; 10-28-2013 at 09:51 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, CCENT, CCNA
    So, regarding the labs: The "Show Lab Content" button in NETLAB is supposed to be the lab addendum. With Lab 1, the addendum covers the steps for Task 2 (Install the vSphere Client), but says nothing about Task 3 (Install the Web Client [Server]). Are we still doing Task 3 (from the lab manual) or no? I guess what I'm saying is that it seems like the lab addendum is taking the place of the lab manual ("the labs should be performed in order of the lab addenda"), which is fine, but I'm trying to clarify if that is the case.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Senior Member

Certifications
    Security+, HBSS, Oracle Solaris 10 Administration, Linux+
    I took this last term and I did not use the lab manual at all. I printed out the online instructions and followed them.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, CCENT, CCNA
    Thanks for the clarification. I figured as much; when I tried to do certain tasks that weren't spelled-out in the addendum, they typically wouldn't work (probably due to the nature of doing this online as opposed to in a classroom).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Member

Certifications
    VCP5-DCV, CCNA, Net+, VCA-DVC, CSSA, CMNA, etc.
    Don't put too much emphasis on the labs. Use them to your advantage to gain experience. They are often broken and don't start up occasionally (you need to keep trying and eventually they start). The exercises are fairly easy, but you may run into problems getting them to work. The instructor knows this, so don't worry if you can't complete everything. It's more important to be familiar with how things are done in real world scenarios then the labs.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Junior Member

Certifications
    CEHv9, Vmware VCP 510, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, Linux+, ITILv3 Foundation, Security+. Network+, A+, Server+
    Are we suppose to install the vmware software on our personal computers because the only thing I see working on the oll website are the self paced lab manuals?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Member

Certifications
    VCP5-DCV, CCNA, Net+, VCA-DVC, CSSA, CMNA, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jove View Post
    Are we suppose to install the vmware software on our personal computers because the only thing I see working on the oll website are the self paced lab manuals?
    For the Stanly class? No. Everything is contained within the lab environment. You use the client workstation (in the lab) to connect to the servers/vCenter through the vSphere client. You don't need to install anything other than maybe Java to get the lab connections working.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, VCA:DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP5-DCV
    I was kind of hoping for a presentation that was more than just a reading of the slides with a little anecdotal information thrown in, but considering what the course cost I don't think I'll complain about it. So long as it and a passing score on the exam get me my VCP5-DCV cert then I couldn't care less.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by mguernsey View Post
    I was kind of hoping for a presentation that was more than just a reading of the slides with a little anecdotal information thrown in, but considering what the course cost I don't think I'll complain about it. So long as it and a passing score on the exam get me my VCP5-DCV cert then I couldn't care less.
    Honestly, even with the 5 day course, it can be a hit or a miss. I had a buddy take the 5 day course and he pretty much told me that the instructor only read from the book and would not answer all questions.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Senior Member

Certifications
    Security+
    This class will NOT fully prepare you for the VCP exam. You'll want to do some additional labbing and studying (exam blueprint, Mastering vSphere 5 book, etc.)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, Linux+ and CSA+; MCSA: Windows 7, ITIL Foundations
    Quote Originally Posted by jdancer View Post
    You may want to check Ohlone College. If you live outside of California, you'll have to pay out-of-state tuition of $218 per unit hour. It's a two-unit course.
    Great resource. They also offer Citrix and EMC2 courses as part of a cloud computing set. That is awesome. Frankly, less than $500 a course doesn't seem too hard to handle, with a little planning!

Cheers
    Last edited by stryder144; 11-04-2013 at 06:40 AM.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 First 12 34 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks