+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 First 123 4567 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Hello All: Now that registration is complete, we will be sending out emails with instructor and log in information. You should all have your emails by Monday at the latest. Once the class actually starts, your instructor will give you additional information regarding your VMware accounts.

For those of you who were wondering, SCC has 3 semesters, Spring (Jan - mid May), Summer (mid May-mid Aug), & Winter (mid Aug - Dec). Many of our courses are 8 weeks in duration--that's how we can offer 2 sections & still call it Spring semester.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask! We are looking forward to "seeing you" in class.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, ITILv3, CCENT, CCNA, MCSE, MCITP:EA, MCSE:Server Infrastructure, CISSP, VCA-DCV, VCP-DCV, CEHv8, CHFI,
    /still chillin on the waiting list.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, ITILv3, CCENT, CCNA, MCSE, MCITP:EA, MCSE:Server Infrastructure, CISSP, VCA-DCV, VCP-DCV, CEHv8, CHFI,
    Thanks for the reply! I'm excited to take this class! You guys rock!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member
    Hopefully you will be in the next round of classes! We apologize for the wait, but we are trying to service everyone in the order in which they registered.

Quote Originally Posted by BGraves View Post
    /still chillin on the waiting list.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    MBA | CISSP | PMP | PMI-ACP | CISM | GMON | GCIH | Sec+ | MCITP: SA | MCSA Win 7 | CCNA
    Thanks for the update, I am still waiting on the waiting list as well. I am assuming those that didn't get into the January semester will likely be in the next one that starts in May?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member
    Our semesters are 16 weeks long, but the VMware courses are only 8 weeks, so we run two classes each semester. The next VMware class will start around March 19th. As you know, in order to be fair to everyone, we contact potential students in the order in which they registered. If you want to send me a private message that includes your name, I can check to see when you registered.

Quote Originally Posted by zxbane View Post
    Thanks for the update, I am still waiting on the waiting list as well. I am assuming those that didn't get into the January semester will likely be in the next one that starts in May?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member Registered Member
    Hello,

I too am enrolled in this class starting on the 15th. Given I am in a different timezone (I'm in Australia), does it matter what time on the 15th (US Local time) I log in?

I was intending on getting up early (around 5am) on the 16th (my local time) to log in and start the ball rolling, which would equate to late afternoon US time. Is that likely to be an issue?

Still waiting for my textbooks to arrive, but from what I have read from the previous courses, that isn't too much of a problem? They are available to review online? Is this the case?

Looking forward to this! Any other Australians in this session?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kparker0925 View Post
    Hello,

I too am enrolled in this class starting on the 15th. Given I am in a different timezone (I'm in Australia), does it matter what time on the 15th (US Local time) I log in?

I was intending on getting up early (around 5am) on the 16th (my local time) to log in and start the ball rolling, which would equate to late afternoon US time. Is that likely to be an issue?

Still waiting for my textbooks to arrive, but from what I have read from the previous courses, that isn't too much of a problem? They are available to review online? Is this the case?

Looking forward to this! Any other Australians in this session?
    Anytime on the first day is fine. There is an intro assignment which needs to be done that day. Otherwise, the class is offered asynchronously so you can study any time. The instructors have some video lectures uploaded so you should be able to get started even if your book is delayed.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BS:CS, VCP5-DCV, Sec/Svr+, MCSA:08/12, MCITP:SA/EA, CASP, VCA:WM/DCV/Cloud, ITIL-F, MOF, ISO/IEC 20000/27000
    I have not received ANY email since the payment confirmation and the only contact information I have is Jana Kennedy. I need to obtain my login information for the course. I have emailed Ms. Kennedy but have yet to receive a response. I don't really know what else to do at this point.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. kj0

Certifications
    vExpert x 4 | Apple Mac OS X Associate | Cert III - IT.
    Have you recieved one from Sylvia Lewis? Go to the http://moodle.stanly.edu/ page and attempt to login.
    Last edited by kj0; 01-19-2014 at 03:35 AM.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: http://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BS:CS, VCP5-DCV, Sec/Svr+, MCSA:08/12, MCITP:SA/EA, CASP, VCA:WM/DCV/Cloud, ITIL-F, MOF, ISO/IEC 20000/27000
    I wouldn't even know what to input as the username, let alone the password. Lame. Can you hook me up with Sylvia Lewis' email?

EDIT: I've got a ticket in with the support desk. Hopefully I haven't been dropped and can still continue the course. I've been in Dubai since the 14th and just got back so I haven't had the opportunity to take care of this. I had my eye on my email in order to login on day 1 but the email never came.

EDIT 2: I didn't realize I was supposed to use the same credentials that I used to pay. I honestly didn't even remember creating an account when I paid. Either way, I am in Moodle now.
    Last edited by tprice5; 01-19-2014 at 04:39 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. nel

Certifications
    A+ , Network+, MCSA 2003, CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, JNCIA-JunOS, JNCIS-ENT, Bsc(hons) & Msc Degree
    I signed up to the waiting list back in November if memory serves me right but i havent received any response to date :/
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nel View Post
    I signed up to the waiting list back in November if memory serves me right but i havent received any response to date :/
    If you would send me a private message, I will be glad to check your status on our wait list.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member
    Hopefully, you received the orientation email that gave you your username & password for the initial login. Please let us know right away if you are still having any difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice5 View Post
    I wouldn't even know what to input as the username, let alone the password. Lame. Can you hook me up with Sylvia Lewis' email?

EDIT: I've got a ticket in with the support desk. Hopefully I haven't been dropped and can still continue the course. I've been in Dubai since the 14th and just got back so I haven't had the opportunity to take care of this. I had my eye on my email in order to login on day 1 but the email never came.

EDIT 2: I didn't realize I was supposed to use the same credentials that I used to pay. I honestly didn't even remember creating an account when I paid. Either way, I am in Moodle now.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Senior Member
    Orientation emails were sent out the week before class started with u/n & p/w login information.
    Thankfully, a check this morning shows you have been able to access the class. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice5 View Post
    I have not received ANY email since the payment confirmation and the only contact information I have is Jana Kennedy. I need to obtain my login information for the course. I have emailed Ms. Kennedy but have yet to receive a response. I don't really know what else to do at this point.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by STANLY_CC View Post
    Thankfully, a check this morning shows you have been able to access the class. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.
    I am good to go. Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCP - Hyper-V, VCP5-DCV, VCA-*
    What is the approx wait time? I reg'd sometime around October and have only got an email with info about CCNA from Stanly?

Just curious on what to expect but not in a huge rush right now.

Thanks,

Adam
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Senior Member
    As you know, we enroll students in the VMware courses in the order in which they registered on the online wait list. For the January class, we enrolled students who had registration dates through mid-September. If you registered in October, then most likely you will be contacted for the March or May class.

If you want to send me a private message, I can check to see your actual registration date on the wait list.

Quote Originally Posted by Cable_guy View Post
    What is the approx wait time? I reg'd sometime around October and have only got an email with info about CCNA from Stanly?

Just curious on what to expect but not in a huge rush right now.

Thanks,

Adam
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Junior Member Registered Member

Default Registered on March 2014 for waitlist

When I signed up for the wait list and it said the next session is summer of 2014. I don't think I would be able to get into that course. When called I was told either Fall of 2014 or early 2015 is that assumption correct?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by gerryo View Post
    When called I was told either Fall of 2014 or early 2015 is that assumption correct?
    Yikes! Glad I got in when I did. Early bird gets the worm?
    If the wait is that long you might want to check out offerings from other low cost options such as Dallas Community College whose VMware class is nearly as cheap and catalog of classes a bit deeper.

Hope this helps.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Senior Member
    Orientation emails were sent to all students in the upcoming March 19th class. If you did not make this round of classes, please be patient and know that we are servicing as many students as we can at one time. Our next class will be in May. If you have not registered on our online wait list here is the link: https://vmware.stanly.edu/waitlist.php
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Member

Certifications
    A+, CCNA, VCA-DCV, VCA-CLOUD, Solarwinds CP, Microsoft 74-409, 70-325, 70-680, 70-681, 70-410
    Quote Originally Posted by STANLY_CC View Post
    Orientation emails were sent to all students in the upcoming March 19th class. If you did not make this round of classes, please be patient and know that we are servicing as many students as we can at one time. Our next class will be in May. If you have not registered on our online wait list here is the link: https://vmware.stanly.edu/waitlist.php
    Thanks for keeping everone informed. I look forward to moving past the waitlist. Great to see something affordable made available for the masses.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Senior Member

Certifications
    MBA | CISSP | PMP | PMI-ACP | CISM | GMON | GCIH | Sec+ | MCITP: SA | MCSA Win 7 | CCNA
    I got my email for this course coming in May just a moment ago, excited to finally get started! I was wondering, will this course be on 5.1 or 5.5? And as far as VMWare goes, do they plan to retire the 5.1 course anytime soon?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Senior Member
    The current course is based on 5.1.

Quote Originally Posted by zxbane View Post
    I got my email for this course coming in May just a moment ago, excited to finally get started! I was wondering, will this course be on 5.1 or 5.5? And as far as VMWare goes, do they plan to retire the 5.1 course anytime soon?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Senior Member

Certifications
    Thanks,

Does anyone know when VMWare will phase out the 5.1 VCP exam? I am just curious if I will be forced to take the 5.5 exam after this course of it the 5.1 will still be available
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 First 123 4567 ... Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks