+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 First 12 3456 ... Last
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    GSEC,GCIH,GSNA,GCCC, All AWS Certifications
    Hey. Did anyone get to see Day 1 Videos. It allows us access to his VMWare 5.1 videos ! For me its a yay ! I am currently enrolled in the Stanley VMWare Class too.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Learn it, Do it, Know it! Asif Dasl's Avatar

Certifications
    MCSA:2008/7 MCITP:EA/SA EDST/EST MCSE'03 SBS'08/'03 MCDST A+ N+ Sec+ Srv+ VCP5-DCV VCA-DCV/Cloud
    Yes I did. It wasn't even a restricted area of their website for the videos!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    Did the guy actually say that he was going to give vouchers for emcisa and the corresponding netapp exam ?

I do hope so !

Also any idea what the textbook for the netapp one was ?

I noticed they have the advanced class as well. Do you know if it is online as well ?

Thanks !
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Learn it, Do it, Know it! Asif Dasl's Avatar

Certifications
    MCSA:2008/7 MCITP:EA/SA EDST/EST MCSE'03 SBS'08/'03 MCDST A+ N+ Sec+ Srv+ VCP5-DCV VCA-DCV/Cloud
    Yeah he said we would get vouchers in the first email I got from him. I had a look online for EMC Academys and found a description of the course benefits which includes worldwide exam vouchers. There is also a portal where you can buy your exam vouchers when the course is complete but it doesn't work for DCCCD yet.

He said that we are using the same book for EMC & NetApp - the EMCISA book. But the lectures will be 8 weeks EMC and then 8 weeks NetApp. The labs use OpenFiler. The advanced class isn't online (yet!) I want to email Greg again and ask him all these questions. He said there is one in the summer so I'm hoping he opens this up online.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BS:CS, VCP5-DCV, Sec/Svr+, MCSA:08/12, MCITP:SA/EA, CASP, VCA:WM/DCV/Cloud, ITIL-F, MOF, ISO/IEC 20000/27000
    Hope the class is going well, you guys. I called and attempted to enroll last week and was told they were full up. No worries though as it is probably best for my current work load. Will be taking this in the summer after yall wrap up.
    Will be following the thread to see how everything goes and how yall are liking it. So keep it updated!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Learn it, Do it, Know it! Asif Dasl's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif Dasl View Post
    AFAIK - the introductory EMC/NetApp class is geared towards EMCISA (E10-001) & NetApp NCSA (NS0-145)

The Cloud Services class is geared towards EMCCIS (E20-002) - don't know which NetApp exam it matches up to.
    I just got confirmation that these are the exam codes for the EMC/NetApp course. The EMC exam gets a 50% off voucher and the NetApp exam is FREE!

The best part is the advanced EMC/NetApp course in the summer will be in class AND online! Excellent.. I love it when a plan comes together!

So if my sums are correct - the course costs $208, the EMC exam costs $200, minus the 50% off voucher = total of $308 including all exams. Can't beat that price..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    MS IS, CISM, CRISC, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, VCP5-DCV, EMCISA, COBIT 5, ITIL, Qualys
    The VCAP class is supposed to be offered this summer as well.
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Learn it, Do it, Know it! Asif Dasl's Avatar

Certifications
    Thanks for the heads up datacomboss! I'll be on the look out for it when the schedules are published..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    Do keep me posted too regarding the VCAP !
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, Voice, Security
    Hey just catching up on this thread as Stanly CC doesn't serve MN residents, wanted to ask if the VMWare course does in fact satisfy the pre-req for the VCP5-DCV exam? I ask because it does say in the schedule course description that it fulfills the VCP4 requirement, but I am guessing that is just outdated information. Also to verify that VMware will recognize this course as fullfillment, I'd hate to be blind sided by VMware not recognizing this institute or something like that.

If anyone has the info I would appreciate it! Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Learn it, Do it, Know it! Asif Dasl's Avatar

Certifications
    Yes it fulfills the course requirement, the college contacts VMware once the course is complete. It's outdated information about VCP4 alright. You might have to contact them to see when the next class is scheduled for. It could be the summer, if not then, then definitely the fall (which is a bit aways!). North Lake College is listed under the approved VMware academies (listed under the 2013 Final Results link) here.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Yeah I just noticed the course starting on 3/21 is not online :\ I'll have to check out some other places from that list to see if there are any courses starting a bit sooner - thanks for the link!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Learn it, Do it, Know it! Asif Dasl's Avatar

Certifications
    It's worth contacting them anyway to see when the next course is available. I did mine at UCSC Extension but it was $1000 at the time, it's now $1200... (I'm pretty sure this is Install, configure, manage)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Yeah I am noticing that a lot of the community colleges in my state are pretty mind blowing prices, I'll have to continue to try to find a cheaper online class for this, looks like there is a very long list of partner colleges for vm training.

Will definitely inquire about when the next course may start, thanks for the post on that!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BS:CS, VCP5-DCV, Sec/Svr+, MCSA:08/12, MCITP:SA/EA, CASP, VCA:WM/DCV/Cloud, ITIL-F, MOF, ISO/IEC 20000/27000
    How's this course going?

Are you guys keeping an eye out for the summer schedule? I want to make sure I get a spot in the course so if anyone sees any update to the new course schedule please post on here. I will be checking occasioanlly and will of course do the same.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Senior Member

Certifications
    MBA | CISSP | PMP | PMI-ACP | CISM | GMON | GCIH | Sec+ | MCITP: SA | MCSA Win 7 | CCNA
    tprice5,

Please update this thread if you hear anything about the summer class as well, or even shoot me a PM if you could! I am also waiting to sign up for the summer course but this school doesn't have a wait list like Stanly, it seems like first come first serve so I am hoping to catch it right when they open up registration for the summer class.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by zxbane View Post
    tprice5,
    I am also waiting to sign up for the summer course but this school doesn't have a wait list like Stanly
    Are you shooting for VCP or EMC/NetApp?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Senior Member

Certifications
    MBA | CISSP | PMP | PMI-ACP | CISM | GMON | GCIH | Sec+ | MCITP: SA | MCSA Win 7 | CCNA
    VCP primarily but I actually was giving some thought to the EMC/NetApp course as well but VCP will be my main goal. Yours too I assume?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCP will be my main goal. Yours too I assume?
    Negative. I completed the Stanly course earlier this month so my interest in Dallas Community College is strictly for EMC/NetApp. At least until they release the VCAP course, then I may take that as well.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Senior Member

Certifications
    Oh awesome, have you taken your VCP yet since taking the Stanly course? Also how would you review the Stanly course, I am on their wait list for the summer class.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Learn it, Do it, Know it! Asif Dasl's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by tprice5 View Post
    How's this course going?

Are you guys keeping an eye out for the summer schedule? I want to make sure I get a spot in the course so if anyone sees any update to the new course schedule please post on here. I will be checking occasioanlly and will of course do the same.
    I was going to wait until the mid-term to post an update... but seen as you ask I'll do a little write up now...

You get emails all the time from this course it's not like my previous VCP cource at UCSC Extension where you were left to your own devices to keep up with things. There is a reminder when a new lecture is posted, quiz, discussion, mid-term & final. I've been a little lazy on keeping up on the reading, I've kept up with the lectures though. You get mulitple goes at the quizes. I am going to catch up on the reading between tonight and tomorrow.

It's a short book but quite technical too, I guess I thought it would be an easy course but there is alot to do with the reading, the lectures, the labs and then the supplimentary access to the EMC Academy website. I completed the labs in about 8 hours over 2 days - it's like the labs for the VCP, just log in and then log out when you have finished - no need to log in and log out after each and every lab. The rest of the course is going to use the labs for NetApp while continuing to finish the EMCISA v2 book.

The 4 quizes & forum discussions make up 25%, the labs make up another 25%, the mid-term exam is 25% and the final exam is 25%. A passing D score is 60%+. I've attached the offical course details if anybody wants to have a look see. If anybody is interested in this course then be prepared to spend a decent amount of time on it, it's not a cakewalk as I thought it would be. There are plenty of deadlines to keep an eye on. I'll post an update at the end of the course...

I am looking out for the summer schedules too, but I think it will be a little while yet before we see them. I reckon we will see them by mid-April.

EMC and NetApp Fall 2013 ITNW 1492 73556.doc
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Oh awesome, have you taken your VCP yet since taking the Stanly course? Also how would you review the Stanly course, I am on their wait list for the summer class.
    I have not yet taken the VCP. I am planning to take it within the next 3 weeks. As for the course I don't think my assessmnet would be fair. I did not truly commit to the course in terms of participation. I mainly used it as a means to fulfill the class requirement for my VCP. That being said I was not entirely impressed with the lessons. I only watched the first few videos so he may have changed his tune later in the course but from what I saw he just read from a power point. The labs were as much as I could ask for and provided me with everything I needed. Take the cost of the course and the 70% voucher into consideration and I am a satisfied customer.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif Dasl View Post
    1. Check the schedule page and click the link to the Spring or Fall schedules. From there follow the links to VMware & EMC ISM. Take a note of the course ID.
    I am reposting the link Asif provided to keep it handy for regular checks for the summer catalog.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Still nothing..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCP - Hyper-V, VCP5-DCV, VCA-*
    I would like to take the EMC/Netapp class - Subscribing.

Does this go towards a certification such as the VMware classes?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 First 12 3456 ... Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks