+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 First 123 4567 ... Last

Certifications
    BS:CS, VCP5-DCV, Sec/Svr+, MCSA:08/12, MCITP:SA/EA, CASP, VCA:WM/DCV/Cloud, ITIL-F, MOF, ISO/IEC 20000/27000
    Previous page of this thread lists the certifications these classes are geared towards.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    BS:CS, VCP5-DCV, Sec/Svr+, MCSA:08/12, MCITP:SA/EA, CASP, VCA:WM/DCV/Cloud, ITIL-F, MOF, ISO/IEC 20000/27000
    Summer schedule has now been posted.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Learn it, Do it, Know it! Asif Dasl's Avatar

Certifications
    MCSA:2008/7 MCITP:EA/SA EDST/EST MCSE'03 SBS'08/'03 MCDST A+ N+ Sec+ Srv+ VCP5-DCV VCA-DCV/Cloud
    Summer schedule posted:

CE Schedule - Summer 2014 - North Lake College

There are no EMC/NetApp or VMware courses listed!

edit - tprice5 beat me to it!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Haha that's funny we posted at the same time.

HUGE bummer about the courses though :/

It's pretty common for there to be limited selection of courses in the Summer. Summer is like the red headed step child of the education system. I suppose we'll just keep this thread alive and try back in the fall.

Asif, let us know if you have any email interactions with anyone over there about this. You are usually pretty good about going straight to the source for all the answers.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Learn it, Do it, Know it! Asif Dasl's Avatar

Certifications
    MCSA:2008/7 MCITP:EA/SA EDST/EST MCSE'03 SBS'08/'03 MCDST A+ N+ Sec+ Srv+ VCP5-DCV VCA-DCV/Cloud
    Actually I was wrong there are VCAP and Advanced EMC/NetApp courses on the "for credit" page:

eConnect - Browse North Lake College Credit Classes - Summer 2014 - ITNW

edit - it doesn't look like they are online though...

@tprice5 - I'll post a little update on the EMC/NetApp course at the end, and anything I hear that might be useful for this course I'll post here too...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Yeah I saw that on the credit page as well. That really puts a kink in my plans!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Learn it, Do it, Know it! Asif Dasl's Avatar

Certifications
    Me too, I was hoping to do the VCAP-DCA course online, but I'll have to fire up the lab and whip out the blueprint for this one I think... I would prefer to do the VCAP-DCA 5.5 anyways, rather than 5.1 which they are doing...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Yeah the VCAP is easier to self study because it doesnt require anymore resources than your average test lab but the EMC/NetApp is a bit different in that respect.

Maybe there are other colleges/businesses offering online virtualization and storage training in the sub $500 space?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I just spent the better part of two hours trying to hunt down an alterative. I am not sure how you found DCC but there doesn't appear to be anything else out there! I spoke with my Stanly professor and he said that they were working on VCAP/EMC stuff but that all their focus was on providing for the VCP course.
    So how did you happen across Dallas Community College?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, Voice, Security
    This was going to be where I did my course requirement, as Stanley doesn't extend his classes to MN residents for whatever logistical reason. There is a huge list somewhere out there with hundreds of school across the globe that offer this class, or at least one point did, most places I looked locally on the list offered no VMware courses.

I'd imagine once someone caught wind there was a place that had an online vmware class under $1000 it spread like brush fire, though I wouldn't have told a soul until after I had got my seat in the class personally
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member

Certifications
    MS IS, CISM, CRISC, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, VCP5-DCV, EMCISA, COBIT 5, ITIL, Qualys
    Quote Originally Posted by tprice5 View Post
    I just spent the better part of two hours trying to hunt down an alterative. I am not sure how you found DCC but there doesn't appear to be anything else out there! I spoke with my Stanly professor and he said that they were working on VCAP/EMC stuff but that all their focus was on providing for the VCP course.
    So how did you happen across Dallas Community College?
    I am the DCCC source. The VCAP class is for DCD according to Greg, the program coordinator.
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by datacomboss View Post
    I am the DCCC source. The VCAP class is for DCD according to Greg, the program coordinator.
    Are you taking it online for the summer term? We didn't see that offered.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member

Certifications
    It's not being offered online. Debating on making the drive twice a week.
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCP - Hyper-V, VCP5-DCV, VCA-*
    Quote Originally Posted by datacomboss View Post
    It's not being offered online. Debating on making the drive twice a week.
    Mind putting me on speaker phone.....???
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    And now the countdown until the fall schedule
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Junior Member
    Does this mean that it is online now, or are we still waiting for it?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Senior Member

Certifications
    I decided to not take the class, just too much work to do to sit in a classroom/lab for 3 hours. Might be offered in the Fall or Spring on-line according to Greg Newman, but who knows??? Still waiting on EMC voucher from Spring semester.

Arthur Ashe

Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Fall schedule is up.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    As of writing this the EMC/NetApp course has 12/15 available seats. The VMware course has 5/15 available. If you would like to check availability for yourself you can do so HERE

EDIT: Direct link doesn't appear to be working. Try following Asif's instructions...

Quote Originally Posted by Asif Dasl View Post
    to check for course availability:

1. Check the schedule page and click the link to the Spring or Fall schedules. From there follow the links to VMware & EMC ISM. Take a note of the course ID.

2. Click "Find CE/WT Classes" on this page.

3. Select the term, North Lake College and the course of "ITNW - Information Sciences/Systems" and click submit.

4. You should be able to view the class availability now.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by tprice5; 06-22-2014 at 10:39 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Member

Certifications
    VCP5-DCV
    I just registered for fall Emc class there are now 11/15 seats available. I've previously taken stanly VMware and passed VCP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Member

Certifications
    VCP5-DCV, MCSE 2012: Server
    Quote Originally Posted by rob3bb View Post
    I just registered
    Online or via phone? I was trying to register today but the steps by Asif on the first page say it's easiest to handle over the phone.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Member

Certifications
    VCP5-DCV
    I registered online it was fairly straight forward.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I just registered online as well. Rob3bb is correct, it is pretty straight forward but not obvious.

1. Go HERE and fill out the web forms.
    2. Continue filling in information and clicking next. It is the same application that everyone fills out for admission.
    3. Once completed it should accept you automatically. Write down your student identification number. Click next.
    4. Create your eConnect account. (The password requirement is so stupid. "At least 8 character but no more than 9")
    5. Once you have an eConnect account, sign in and go to THIS page and select "Register for CE/WT Classes".
    6. Select Term: Fall 2014, Northlake College, Course: ITNW Information Sciences/Systems and click Submit.
    7. Choose your course, register and pay.

And then you're done.

NetApp/EMC availability: 10/15
    Last edited by tprice5; 06-23-2014 at 05:27 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Junior Member

Certifications
    VMware VCP5
    I have not been on this site in a few years now. A friend from work told me about the class and just got signed up today. I was 4 more online slots left I think.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Member

Certifications
    VCP5-DCV, MCSE 2012: Server
    Quote Originally Posted by tprice5 View Post
    I just registered online as well. Rob3bb is correct, it is pretty straight forward but not obvious.
    Thanks. The EMC class now has 9 available.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 First 123 4567 ... Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks