+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234
  1. Senior Member
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    TechExam Certified Alien Abduction Professional
    Thanks, was hoping for it

As for my progress - pathetic, not getting anywhere .. Never been so busy at work with ESX upgrades.

To make sure it is free, I re-scheduled now for August .. I am sure I will be re-scheduling again to bring it forward - but that is just to give me more head room ...

Edit: I presume the scheduled exam was 5.x so I will be tested on 5.5 automatically ?
    Last edited by jibbajabba; 04-07-2014 at 02:48 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member
    No, noone has scheduled for VDCA550 yet, you'll need to change it with PearsonVue.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Thanks, I'll keep a eye on it then ..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCIX-NV, VCAP5-DCD/DTA/DCA, VCP-5/DT, MCSA: 2008, MCITP: EA, MCTS x5, ITIL v3, MCSA: M, MS in Telecom Engg
    You said you were a little light on AutoDeploy, just lab up on it and go sit the exam mate. It's easier than you think! - just got to do all those tasks at speed, that's all. You'll blitz through them, no kidding.
    VCDX: DCV - Round 2 rescheduled (by VMware) for December 2017.

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    vSphere Clusters (production, not lab) coming out of my ears lol .. I suppose its a good thing .. Sorry, been a "bit" light on my updates here, intended to post a lot more, but at 12-14hr shift and 4hr commute each day - I really .. sod it, call it as it is - can't be *bleep*

Anyway, trashed my 5.5 lab and started from scratch with 5.1, exam will be 5.1 so may as well stick with it.

Thankfully the official VMware Press VCAP5-DCA book became available earlier than expected, so that is on its way. Although with fast shipping it was $80 (arf) ...

Amazon.com: VCAP5-DCA Official Cert Guide: VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5- Data Center Administration (VMware Press Certification) (9780789753236): Steve Baca, John B. Davis: Books

Next week I need to sit some nonsense VMware accreditations for cloud partners, latest VSP, VTSP, VSOP, lots of Vs .. that's gonna cut into my time
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member
    DCA comes in two flavors: 5.0 (DCA510) and 5.5 (DCA550).

You will be much much much much better off taking the DCA550. Or so a little bird told me.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXRules View Post
    DCA comes in two flavors: 5.0 (DCA510) and 5.5 (DCA550).

You will be much much much much better off taking the DCA550. Or so a little bird told me.
    Oh I know all that ... but I won't be able to study for the additional topics on time .. I only JUST lost out on a great job opportunity which had the VCAP as requirement, so can't really delay much further ...

At least both are technically VCAP5-DCA, 510 or 550 doesn't matter. I am working with both versions on daily basis so I will decide nearer the time whether I reschedule or not (change version that is).

But so far, I think, personally I am better of with 5.0 .. 5.5 must be nice though, having 5 hosts rather than 2 .. less chance to kick yourself out
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Social Networking & Bookmarks