+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 First 123 45 Last
Results 51 to 75 of 106
  1. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    136
    #51
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

    I actually meant the lectures. Not the labs.
    Last edited by Plantwiz; 04-07-2014 at 11:42 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Albemarle, NC
    Posts
    275
    #52
    The creator of the Moodle class has indicated that since these are flash videos, most likely you will not be able to view them on a tablet.
    Last edited by Plantwiz; 04-07-2014 at 11:42 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5
    #53
    Quote Originally Posted by pramin View Post
    I actually meant the lectures. Not the labs.
    I can on android using firefox beta + flash, but it's much easier to just rip the videos so you don't have to worry about being online to watch them at your convenience.

    school vid.jpg
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Senior Member tprice5's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    758

    Certifications
    BS:CS, VCP5-DCV, Sec/Svr+, MCSA:08/12, MCITP:SA/EA, CASP, VCA:WM/DCV/Cloud, ITIL-F, MOF, ISO/IEC 20000/27000
    #54
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

    Great first post. Welcome to the forums.
    Last edited by Plantwiz; 04-07-2014 at 11:42 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    136
    #55
    @methical


    What have you used to rip the videos?
    Last edited by Plantwiz; 04-07-2014 at 11:48 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. IT Bum BGraves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    ATL, GA
    Posts
    334

    Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, ITILv3, CCENT, CCNA, MCSE, MCITP:EA, MCSE:Server Infrastructure, CISSP, VCA-DCV, VCP-DCV, CEHv8, CHFI,
    #56
    How is everyone doing on the class?

    I made it to Lab 15 so far, really enjoyed the ability to learn this way and do it at my own pace. Actually got the web interface installed and configured at work(5.1) based on stuff I learned here, so that was a great feeling! Being able to play around with a vApp was interesting as well!

    You know what's weird? I can't find the exact end date of the class. It seems like every email I have shows a date for the previous term? Anyone know what day the class is officially over?

    Also, seems like all we have to do is complete the videos and labs to complete the class? Can I get anyone to confirm/deny that?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5
    #57
    Through my emails with the college, I was informed that it runs 3/19/2014-5/07/2014.

    Also, grab your exam discount, and some other goodies through https://vmware.stanly.edu/
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. IT Bum BGraves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    ATL, GA
    Posts
    334

    Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, ITILv3, CCENT, CCNA, MCSE, MCITP:EA, MCSE:Server Infrastructure, CISSP, VCA-DCV, VCP-DCV, CEHv8, CHFI,
    #58
    Quote Originally Posted by methical View Post
    Through my emails with the college, I was informed that it runs 3/19/2014-5/07/2014.

    Also, grab your exam discount, and some other goodies through https://vmware.stanly.edu/
    Ah, can't seem to log in to that yet? Just get a "Please enter a valid email address" when I try to use my moodle username/login. ?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    23

    Certifications
    MCP - Hyper-V, VCP5-DCV, VCA-*
    #59
    You are a quite a bit past me. I am around lab 8 or 9, but I have been busy with spring just around the corner. Plan to knock out a few exercises this week to try to catch up.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Albemarle, NC
    Posts
    275
    #60
    The class officially began 03/19/2014 and will officially end 05/07/2014.

    Quote Originally Posted by BGraves View Post
    How is everyone doing on the class?

    I made it to Lab 15 so far, really enjoyed the ability to learn this way and do it at my own pace. Actually got the web interface installed and configured at work(5.1) based on stuff I learned here, so that was a great feeling! Being able to play around with a vApp was interesting as well!

    You know what's weird? I can't find the exact end date of the class. It seems like every email I have shows a date for the previous term? Anyone know what day the class is officially over?

    Also, seems like all we have to do is complete the videos and labs to complete the class? Can I get anyone to confirm/deny that?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    732

    Certifications
    MBA | CISSP | PMP | PMI-ACP | CISM | GMON | GCIH | Sec+ | MCITP: SA | MCSA Win 7 | CCNA
    #61
    STANLY_CC

    What is the timeline for the course following the one ending on May 7th?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  13. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Albemarle, NC
    Posts
    275
    #62
    Actually, we are working on that now. As soon as the dates are set, I will post them for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by zxbane View Post
    STANLY_CC

    What is the timeline for the course following the one ending on May 7th?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  14. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    732

    Certifications
    MBA | CISSP | PMP | PMI-ACP | CISM | GMON | GCIH | Sec+ | MCITP: SA | MCSA Win 7 | CCNA
    #63
    Thanks, and when do you anticipate notifications being sent out to those who made the cut to be able to sit for the next class starting in May?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  15. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Albemarle, NC
    Posts
    275
    #64
    Within the next two weeks, we should be contacting the next group of students.

    Quote Originally Posted by zxbane View Post
    Thanks, and when do you anticipate notifications being sent out to those who made the cut to be able to sit for the next class starting in May?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  16. Default Value
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    202

    Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, CCENT, AS:InfoCompSci - InfoSecAssurance
    #65
    ^^ I have been notified about being accepted in to this course for the May time frame, the problem is that I have orders to Korea and will be leaving for in the same time frame. I know it is going to take some time to settled in Korea, my question is that if I do forfit my current spot, how long will it be till I can apply for the next class??
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  17. Senior Member tprice5's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    758

    Certifications
    BS:CS, VCP5-DCV, Sec/Svr+, MCSA:08/12, MCITP:SA/EA, CASP, VCA:WM/DCV/Cloud, ITIL-F, MOF, ISO/IEC 20000/27000
    #66
    Quote Originally Posted by CCNTrainee View Post
    ^^ I have been notified about being accepted in to this course for the May time frame, the problem is that I have orders to Korea and will be leaving for in the same time frame. I know it is going to take some time to settled in Korea, my question is that if I do forfit my current spot, how long will it be till I can apply for the next class??
    I would imagine you could apply right now. The question is if you would be queued at the end or on a stand-by basis.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  18. Default Value
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    202

    Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, CCENT, AS:InfoCompSci - InfoSecAssurance
    #67
    I was wondering that too... thou I don't want to pay and waste a slot+time since I'll be PCSing and getting into the groove of things in Korea. It'll probably take a month before I get settled in and have working internet in my room. Also I am already enrolled in a online PME course so it is ready bad timing to start and pay for the VMware cousre.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  19. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    732

    Certifications
    MBA | CISSP | PMP | PMI-ACP | CISM | GMON | GCIH | Sec+ | MCITP: SA | MCSA Win 7 | CCNA
    #68
    CCNT,

    Are you in the military, if so what branch? I was stationed at Osan AB Korea while in the Air Force and it was a lot of fun.

    Also, when did you get notified about being accepted to the May class? I am hoping to get that email myself soon
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  20. Default Value
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    202

    Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, CCENT, AS:InfoCompSci - InfoSecAssurance
    #69
    Quote Originally Posted by zxbane View Post
    CCNT,

    Are you in the military, if so what branch? I was stationed at Osan AB Korea while in the Air Force and it was a lot of fun.

    Also, when did you get notified about being accepted to the May class? I am hoping to get that email myself soon
    Yes I am, I am also in the AF... initially I was suppose to go to Daegu AB but got diverted to Osan instead. I got my second notification about the May class, they want me to register and pay for the cousre... thou the month of May is all just bad timing this year.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  21. Senior Member tprice5's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    758

    Certifications
    BS:CS, VCP5-DCV, Sec/Svr+, MCSA:08/12, MCITP:SA/EA, CASP, VCA:WM/DCV/Cloud, ITIL-F, MOF, ISO/IEC 20000/27000
    #70
    Quote Originally Posted by CCNTrainee View Post
    thou the month of May is all just bad timing this year.
    I would go ahead and knock the class out. All you have to do in the beginning is introduce yourself in the forum. Beyond that you just have to watch the videos and complete the labs by the last day of class and you're good to go for the VCP. There is no weekly participation policy or anything of that sort. Just get your stuff done by the deadline and you shouldn't have a problem. If you think you will be freed up by mid-June I wouldn't let the opportunity pass you. The waiting list is pushing a year these days.

    Congrats on the duty station, btw. I hear South Korea is an awesome adventure. Would love to contract over there for a year or two but the wages are just too low. If North Korea gets crazy and they begin to offer uplift/hazard pay to contractors you better believe I'll be on the first plane over there!
    Last edited by tprice5; 04-09-2014 at 09:17 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  22. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    732

    Certifications
    MBA | CISSP | PMP | PMI-ACP | CISM | GMON | GCIH | Sec+ | MCITP: SA | MCSA Win 7 | CCNA
    #71
    tprice, or anyone else who can answer this -

    I have wondered, is the Stanly course along with reading the Scott Lowe VMware book and any other relevant reading enough to pass the actual VCP exam? This is coming from someone with very little VMWare experience prior to attending the course and reading the book. But I am hoping that with taking the course and doing hands on labs, and reading Scott Lowe's book along with any other useful books that I should be prepared to sit the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  23. Senior Member tprice5's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    758

    Certifications
    BS:CS, VCP5-DCV, Sec/Svr+, MCSA:08/12, MCITP:SA/EA, CASP, VCA:WM/DCV/Cloud, ITIL-F, MOF, ISO/IEC 20000/27000
    #72
    I've yet to take the VCP but when this question was posed previously on this forum the consensus seemed to be that it was not.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  24. Default Value
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    202

    Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, CCENT, AS:InfoCompSci - InfoSecAssurance
    #73
    Quote Originally Posted by tprice5 View Post
    I would go ahead and knock the class out. All you have to do in the beginning is introduce yourself in the forum. Beyond that you just have to watch the videos and complete the labs by the last day of class and you're good to go for the VCP. There is no weekly participation policy or anything of that sort. Just get your stuff done by the deadline and you shouldn't have a problem. If you think you will be freed up by mid-June I wouldn't let the opportunity pass you. The waiting list is pushing a year these days.

    Congrats on the duty station, btw. I hear South Korea is an awesome adventure. Would love to contract over there for a year or two but the wages are just too low. If North Korea gets crazy and they begin to offer uplift/hazard pay to contractors you better believe I'll be on the first plane over there!
    Thank you for the Congratz, even thou I am no longer going to Daegu I am still looking forward to Korea. I figure I do one Overseas tour that isn't Afghanistan before I get out. Lol I probably wouldn't mind the wages if I was offer a position, since location plays a key factor rather then money... if I really wanted the money I'll just go to the next "Hot Zone" since I like being in the deployment environment anyways.

    Still thou, reason I want to forfeit my spot besides the PCSing part, is the fact that I am enrolled into a online PME course. Since both of you are Military, you are probably familiar with the Cyber 100 course, I requested for a slot a year back so I rather focus on that for now. Since this is my first PCS, I don't know what to expect not to mention getting use to the Korea Ops Tempo with all the exercises they do in Osan. I rather wait on this class, especially hearing how bad the lodging can be in Osan.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  25. Senior Member tprice5's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    758

    Certifications
    BS:CS, VCP5-DCV, Sec/Svr+, MCSA:08/12, MCITP:SA/EA, CASP, VCA:WM/DCV/Cloud, ITIL-F, MOF, ISO/IEC 20000/27000
    #74
    Actually not in the military, I just work for the Army. Unfamiliar with the courses you mentioned but if you have other obligations then you should obviously take care of those first. If it's any consilation someone will be grateful for your spot!
    Last edited by tprice5; 04-09-2014 at 11:36 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  26. Junior Member Tremiata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    29

    Certifications
    CCNA MCTSx2 MCSA2003 +Messaging A+ NET+ Sec+
    #75

    Cool Another in the class

    I'll be joining the May-July class and have ordered the Scott Lowe 5.5 book. I have a little home lab with Iomega iscsci san.
    Last edited by Tremiata; 04-10-2014 at 12:37 PM. Reason: correction
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 First 123 45 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks