+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 First 123 4 Last
    The CBT Nuggets course is going to be retired, not the Microsoft exam - probably because the exam blueprint has evolved and the course needs re-working to cover the new material.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member Registered Member
    I already tried to reply but my previous post didn't submit..

There are new CBT Nuggets here: https://www.cbtnuggets.com/it-traini...ndows-devices1 that are re recorded by Anthony Sequeira, these will be ready the 10th of march
    I'm really enthousiastic of these nuggets with hands on lab. I hope to retry my exam after 2 failed attempts (scored 650 en 675 ) in a couple of weeks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    MCSA:Windows 10, MCP, Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation 2011
    Some of the exam objectives on 70-697 are the same as 70-698. So I have been watching the 70-698 by Anthony Sequeira and then cross referencing with 70-697 by James Conrad. Best to do that instead of waiting for the new 70-697 to be completed by Anthony Sequeira. This is the process I am going through.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+
    I sat the exam and failed at the beginning of the month, less than 500. After the third question, I realised that I am not ready for this exam. I used skillsoft 70-697 video and practice exam. I have just purchased Transander exam to help with preparation. I am looking at the end of March to site 70-697 again
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+
    Hi JGMorg, so you sat 70-698 before 70-697? I can see that 70-698 has less exam topics than 70-698 that I failed miserably earlier this month.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member

Certifications
    MCSA:Windows 10, MCP, Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation 2011
    Got my retake for 70-697 at the end of March too after failing end of January. I got 550 but a fail is a fail. Good luck to both of us Benv.

Now I have gone to the extreme levels of having 2 actual computers running Server 2012r2 and 2016 dual boot. Using them to configure App V etc. As well as I have another computer running 3 Windows 10 OS's in Hyper-V. After failing 70-697, I need to understand how the technology works. Technet, CBT Nuggets and Transcender was enough for me to pass. Unfortunately my revision skills are not as good as others on these forums.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, N+, MCP (70-697)
    I got a fail of 650 out of 700. Its the AppV and PowerShell questions that got me. I had used SkillSoft (useless) and Configuring Windows 70-697. Am now going through CBT Nuggets and playing with Azure AD trial with Intune. Reading up on Remote Desktop setups and Configuration Manager. And learning PowerShell. About to schedule my next try!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member Registered Member
    What kind of questions can I expect on User-Experience Virtualization? Will the Pluralsight videos coupled with the Bettany 70-697 book be enough to cover the material on the exam? I don't have access to a 2012 server to practice a lot of the UEV topics.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Member

Certifications
    Download the trial version of server 2012 or even 2016. If you want to practice VM stuff.

I would read the technet for each topic stated on the exam objectives.

As a person who failed the 70-697 exam once already, going through technet now, some of the questions I saw in the exam was taken directly from Technet.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member Registered Member
    Thanks for the advice. Technet is a bit of a rabbit hole but it is straight from the source.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Member

Certifications
    Also CBT Nuggets have released their updated version on 70-697 and its now complete. This is one is more straight to the point with the exam objectives compared to James Conrad and the total course materials is 7 hours now. Easy to watch over and over again in one day if you must.

Booked my retake, was scheduled for 31st March but there wasn't any available spaces. Now its 3rd April, the extra weekend for studying could be a blessing in disguise. I shall see.....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member Registered Member
    Hi Folks,
    31st March I going to take the exam!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Maykon.rds View Post
    Hi Folks,
    31st March I going to take the exam!

Good luck
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    A+, Server+ 70-697
    I sat for the 697 exam for the first time last night. I passed with an 811. I started by using the ITPro.tv course and then work paid for the two MS courses and used the skillpipe reading materials. After that I used the Exam Ref and cross referenced many of the TechNet articles referenced. Lots of study time. I would guess close to 150 hours total investment.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Questionably Benevolent Moderator Slowhand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    A+, Linux+, Server+, Security+, MCSA 2003, MCSA 2008, MCSA 2012, CCNA(expired), ITIL Foundation v3 (2011), VCP5-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCA-DCV, VCA-WM
    I'm stickin' this thread, lots of good advice and resources here.

-------------------------------------------------------
    ITHumidor.net - "Futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis"
    -------------------------------------------------------

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Virtual Academy
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top 50 PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, N+, MCP (70-697)
    Took the 70-697 yesterday (3/30/17) and passed with 777. I failed first time I took it in January.

I used notes posted in this thread, Transcender, old CBT Nuggets by Conrad (which I got from my company), and Microsoft green book.

I must say that the parts of the test that I found most difficult are the Managing Devices with Intune and the Hot Spots that require you to know the correct order of steps. I don't have access to Intune and the trial I had didn't really help as I had to use it through Azure trial. And as my job doesn't really involve configuring and managing a Windows 10 deployment (I install software for a vendor), I just don't have the practical experience.

Good luck to those of you still studying.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by drdeany View Post
    Took the 70-697 yesterday (3/30/17) and passed with 777. I failed first time I took it in January.

I used notes posted in this thread, Transcender, old CBT Nuggets by Conrad (which I got from my company), and Microsoft green book.

I must say that the parts of the test that I found most difficult are the Managing Devices with Intune and the Hot Spots that require you to know the correct order of steps. I don't have access to Intune and the trial I had didn't really help as I had to use it through Azure trial. And as my job doesn't really involve configuring and managing a Windows 10 deployment (I install software for a vendor), I just don't have the practical experience.

Good luck to those of you still studying.

Well done!

Did any of the same questions come up again 2nd time round?
    Last edited by malachi1612; 03-31-2017 at 04:47 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Member
    Using CBT Nuggets, Transcander tests, and plan on studying 2 hrs a day.

Planning on taking it late April.

697 that is.

Think I can pass in that amount of time? I'm 2 yrs experience in IT and find CBT nuggets to be obvious knowledge.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Junior Member Registered Member
    I passed today with 802 points.
    I Studied CBT Nuggets, Microsoft Oficial book and AMD4EVER notes.
    I'm a MCSA Windows 8, This helped me in this Exam.
    This is my 17 Microsoft exam who a passed
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Quench24 View Post
    Using CBT Nuggets, Transcander tests, and plan on studying 2 hrs a day.

Planning on taking it late April.

697 that is.

Think I can pass in that amount of time? I'm 2 yrs experience in IT and find CBT nuggets to be obvious knowledge.

Including my retake, i studied for 5 months. As this was my first MS cert.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Junior Member Registered Member
    I served
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Junior Member Registered Member
    Yesterday I finally passed the 70-697 exam with a score of 828 on my 3th attempt. I'm very glad and like to share my thoughts about it:
    - First of all I don't understand why my score was so high, on the exam I hesitated about +- 17 / 51 questions (marked for review), the hardest thing were the questions with drag and drop and the "not all the options may be used once, or not at all", also there were series of questions with the same answers (10 different answers) where you have to chose how to implement an application (App-V, remoteApp, Hyper-V, install locally, install on VHD, install on VHDX,...) make sure to know the pros /cons from all these technologies)

- After my 2nd attempts (when I had 675) I didn't use the green study book anymore but focussed on the new CBT Nuggets of Anthony Sequiera. Especially the lab environment helped me a lot
    - I read technet articles as good as possible and tried to memorize the powershell commands
    - I went through all the transcender questions and also tried to understand why a question was right /wrong, the explanation is very helpful, also I made sure to know all the policies.

If anyone would ike advice feel free to ask
    Next up to 70-698, I will try to do this in +- 2 months
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Junior Member Registered Member
    JGMorg, anyway you could share the flashcard with me?
    thanks,
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Junior Member Registered Member

Default MCSA 70-698 and 70-697 Exams

Happy examing all!

I'm a contracted employee. We just had our contract renewed and one of the requirements of the contract was to get the MTA and MCSA certifications. I have been doing this type of job since 1987 and already have CompTIA A+, Network+, Project+, and Microsoft MCP (Configuring Windows XP) I did courses on Skillport and took practice exams on Transcender. However, I think what was most beneficial was I set up a laptop at home with Windows 10 pro and started playing with some of the things I didn't already know like storage spaces, bitlocker, etc. I also signed up for free trials of Microsoft Intune and Microsoft Azure. I took the 70-698 first and passed with a little breathing room. A week later I took the 70-697 (without doing any practice exams or studying) and just passed. When it comes to studying material for the exams, look at Microsofts page on the exam to see what it is testing on. Then focus your studies on the things you don't already know. Get a computer or laptop and play play play. It's the best way to learn. I would definatley focus on taking the 698 first then the 697. 697 covers some of the same material as 698 but goes into greater detail. It also focuses more on cloud services to brush up on them.

Good luck everyone!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Junior Member Registered Member
    Holy **** the 697 is hard, I literally passed with 708. Got my MCSA within 2 weeks of doing 698. Buzzing !
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 First 123 4 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks