+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    Security+, Network+, A+

Default Failed 70-698...

Failed the 70-698 exam today with a 63. I took it without any real preparation to gauge where I'm currently at.

I watched right around 50% of the CBT Nuggets 70-698 course with Anthony Sequeira. I've done 0 practice tests (bought the bundle with measure up and haven't touched them yet) and didn't do any of the Transcender practice exams yet with CBT Nuggets, and studied nothing else. I bought the 2nd shot retake..when I booked the exam. The exam in and of its self is not bad..it's the wordy questions developed by Microsoft that can be difficult. I didn't have one question about networking or IP addresses. I had quite a few Powershell questions..but I haven't gotten that far in the video course..and I haven't studied the supplemental CBT nugget documents.

I'm going to finish my CBT Nuggets course, hit the practice tests hard, and study the flash cards on quizlet. I hope to vanquish this test in about 2 weeks.

Until Then,

-Travis
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member

Certifications
    MCSA:Windows 10, MCP, Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation 2011
    Good luck, any MS exam isn't to be taken lightly because of the way the questions are worded.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    CompTIA Network+, MCP, MCTS: Windows 7
    Make sure you're well prepared for next time.

CBT nuggets alone may not be enough to pass this exam.

A good study book for this exam, various study material and do plenty of labbing will help you.

Good luck and all the best.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member
    Personally, I don't believe that the CBT Nuggets videos are enough to pass the test. They just don't go deep enough. Make sure you go through TechNet as many of the questions come right out of it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinMobile View Post
    Personally, I don't believe that the CBT Nuggets videos are enough to pass the test. They just don't go deep enough. Make sure you go through TechNet as many of the questions come right out of it.
    When you say TechNet, what part or section of the website? Do you have a link?. Thank you.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+ Net+ | Sec+ | MCTS: Win 7 MCP | MTA NF | MTA OSF
    Personally for any MS certification, especially if it's your first, you need to use labs and practice what you learned.
    Currently working at: MCSA: Windows 10 (70-698, 70-697)
    2018/2019 Goals: MCSE: Mobility, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, RHCSA

"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't." - Anon
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    MCSA Office 365 MCSE Mobility (70-398) 70-680
    I have passed Windows 10 1 month ago and I would advise to use Measureups and the 70-680 book.
    If you answer the Measreup questions wrong you can see some technet articles as references.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by metaloader View Post
    I have passed Windows 10 1 month ago and I would advise to use Measureups and the 70-680 book.
    If you answer the Measreup questions wrong you can see some technet articles as references.
    Why would you use a Windows 7 book on a Windows 10 exam? You're missing so many features that get covered.
    Desktop: MCSE: Mobility | Server: MTA | Cloud: None | Networking: MTA
    Security: None | Linux: None | Service Management: ITIL 2011: Foundation
    Currently Studying: 70-417 - Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012 R2
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    MCSA Office 365 MCSE Mobility (70-398) 70-680
    Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
    Why would you use a Windows 7 book on a Windows 10 exam? You're missing so many features that get covered.
    Oops my bad! I ment to say study the 70-698 book ofcourse!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks