+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    248

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    #1

    Default MCSA Windows 10 697 on Saturday

    I'm taking the MCSA Windows 10 697 on Saturday afternoon. I'm have been cramming over the last few days. Is there anything I need to keep an eye out for or spend a little extra time on?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS
  3. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    227

    Certifications
    MCSA:Windows 10, MCP, Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016, Networking with Windows Server 2016, ITIL-F v3
    #2
    Know your Powershell, not in depth only the basics. Get, Set, Add, Remove cmdlets.

    Good Luck!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Lyon
    Posts
    1

    Certifications
    70-410
    #3
    Also have ŕ good learning on all way to proceed in duplication and masterisation of Windows 10.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Member djrabes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    66

    Certifications
    A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012/2016, Windows 10, BTEC Level 2 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
    #4
    Read. The. Questions.

    MS are good at sneaking pointless crap into the questions.
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10
    Studying: Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
    Want: MCSA: Office 365, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure), Network+, Security+
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    248

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by malachi1612 View Post
    Know your Powershell, not in depth only the basics. Get, Set, Add, Remove cmdlets.

    Good Luck!!!
    Thanks but I don't quite follow. Would you mind elaborating just a little bit?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    248

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tjb122982 View Post
    Thanks but I don't quite follow. Would you mind elaborating just a little bit?
    I'm sorry, wrong one.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    248

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by maxime.blanc View Post
    Also have ŕ good learning on all way to proceed in duplication and masterisation of Windows 10.
    Thanks but I don't quite follow. Would you mind elaborating just a little bit?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    8
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by tjb122982 View Post
    Thanks but I don't quite follow. Would you mind elaborating just a little bit?
    He just joined this month and that is his first post. I would say ignore that guy.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    248

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    #9
    Thanks guy. I took a few practice tests and averaged 95% overall. I also made a index card full of notes for powershell. I think I'm ready as I'm ever going to be.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    227

    Certifications
    MCSA:Windows 10, MCP, Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016, Networking with Windows Server 2016, ITIL-F v3
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by tjb122982 View Post
    Thanks guy. I took a few practice tests and averaged 95% overall. I also made a index card full of notes for powershell. I think I'm ready as I'm ever going to be.
    Good luck and tell us how you get on.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    248

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    #11
    I got a 680. Dammit! It was way more technical that the study guides let on. I guess my current plan is to work more on transcender, labs, and the technet articles and take again in 2-3 weeks. Good plan or suggestions?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  13. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    227

    Certifications
    MCSA:Windows 10, MCP, Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016, Networking with Windows Server 2016, ITIL-F v3
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by tjb122982 View Post
    I got a 680. Dammit! It was way more technical that the study guides let on. I guess my current plan is to work more on transcender, labs, and the technet articles and take again in 2-3 weeks. Good plan or suggestions?
    Dame, so close! You did better than my first attempt. I suggest going through CBTnuggets 70-697, sign up to their free trial and go through all the videos.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  14. Senior Member NetworkingStudent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    1,216

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, and Security+. MTA: OS
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by tjb122982 View Post
    I got a 680. Dammit! It was way more technical that the study guides let on. I guess my current plan is to work more on transcender, labs, and the technet articles and take again in 2-3 weeks. Good plan or suggestions?
    I haven't taken the Win 10 exams yet.

    Try this post AMD4Ever jhas some notes aobut 5 threads down:
    Windows 70-697 materials

    Measure practice tests might be worth a shot, since they're the official practice test product Microsoft recommends for their exams.

    Also, what I do when studying for an exam is browser said cert sub form on TE and look for I passed such and such exam to see what others did. This is just a thought.

    For example, I would look through the Win 10 sub form on TE and see what others did to pass the 70-697
    Last edited by NetworkingStudent; 11-05-2017 at 03:06 AM.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

    --Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  15. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1

    Certifications
    Comptia A+ , Net+
    #14
    Passed today with 721. Was studying for the last couple of months and I thought I'm ready but tbh I found the exam quite difficult. I've managed to finish the last question in my last 10 minutesand wasn't expcting to pass.

    The objectives that pulled my score down were Managed Identity, Configure Networking and Plan and Implement Intune.

    I used Measureup, CBTnuggets (found them not going into depth) and the book you find on Amazon.

    Good luck to everyone
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  16. Senior Member NetworkingStudent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    1,216

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, and Security+. MTA: OS
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by sorin84 View Post
    Passed today with 721. Was studying for the last couple of months and I thought I'm ready but tbh I found the exam quite difficult. I've managed to finish the last question in my last 10 minutesand wasn't expcting to pass.

    The objectives that pulled my score down were Managed Identity, Configure Networking and Plan and Implement Intune.

    I used Measureup, CBTnuggets (found them not going into depth) and the book you find on Amazon.

    Good luck to everyone
    What was the book you used from Amazon?
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

    --Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  17. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    248

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    #16
    Interesting enough, I got an email from MS saying I "got a badge." So, I log into the portal and now somehow I passed. I'm not sure if they threw some questions out, which allowed me to pass or what. Now my plan is to take the rest of the year off and then start studying for the 698 beginning in January with the end goal of passing it before the end of March.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  18. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    227

    Certifications
    MCSA:Windows 10, MCP, Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016, Networking with Windows Server 2016, ITIL-F v3
    #17
    Congrats on passing!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  19. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    248

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by malachi1612 View Post
    Congrats on passing!

    Thanks! It was a back door pass, but it is a pass, right?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  20. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    20

    Certifications
    Certified PC Pro, MTA 98-367 Security Fundamentals
    #19
    Damn right! Congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjb122982 View Post
    Thanks! It was a back door pass, but it is a pass, right?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  21. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by tjb122982 View Post
    Interesting enough, I got an email from MS saying I "got a badge." So, I log into the portal and now somehow I passed. I'm not sure if they threw some questions out, which allowed me to pass or what. Now my plan is to take the rest of the year off and then start studying for the 698 beginning in January with the end goal of passing it before the end of March.
    Thanks everyone for the help I got on this board. TJ I too originally scored a 583 on the 70-697 and received an email on Dec 1st saying that I had earned the MCP Badge for 70-697 and the MCSA Windows 10 Badge for previously passing 698. However 2 days ago I go another email saying my Badges for 697 and MCSA were revoked due to an error on their part.
    I was highly disappointed seeing how I already celebrated getting my MCSA.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks