+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Default Online training and videos

Hey all,

This is my first post here on the forums. I have My N+ and my A+. I'm now working on my Win10 MCSA mobility. I've done some reading on the forums concerning what materials people have used to study for the 70-698 and 70-697 exams. Would it be possible to get some input on this thread concerning online labs and videos for studying? What you used and why you liked it?

Currently, I am looking at Measureup, but I would welcome any input...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Gielinor, UK

CompTIA A+ Net+ | Sec+ | MCTS: Win 7 MCP | MTA NF | MTA OSF
    Hey, welcome to TechExams. The first thing you need to know is that Microsoft have a different exam layout than CompTIA. If this is your first MS exam you need to be aware of this. Microsoft like user to answer 'the Microsoft way', and will give you a lot of scenario questions compared to the factual-based CompTIA questions. I've done the 70-680 and currently studying the 70-698. Here is what I'm using:

CBT Nuggets video course - CBT Nuggets is a popular training resource that most people tend to use and I've found the 70-698 videos very informative and helpful. If you buy the full course you get the labs already set up and you can follow along with the video mentor and put into practice what you are learning. I would also create your own labs using VirtualBox or Hyper-V (favoured by MS) and practice the Windows 10 content yourself.

I've also found the CBT Nuggets study plan to be very helpful too as it helps you pace your training day by day and what you should be studying.

MeasureUp is a great resource for practice exams and I use them all the time. I find that the questions are at the same difficulty, if not harder, than the actual exams. If you start scoring 80-90% on those you're ready for the real thing. You can customise and choose what to test yourself on and for how long. I find it very useful with the Windows 10 course as I can study one section first (Implement Windows etc.) and use the practice exam just for the questions around that subject. Be aware that you only have a limited amount of questions, so don't take too many practice exams until you've covered all the content otherwise you will start seeing the same question pop up and will just remember the answer from last time.
    2018 Goals: MCSA: Windows 10 (70-698, 70-697) MCSA: Windows Server 2016 (70-740, 70-741, 70-742)

"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't." - Anon
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks