+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    CompTIA A+ Net+ | Sec+ | MCTS: Win 7 MCP | MTA NF | MTA OSF Win10 (70-698)

Default 70-698 in 3 weeks

I decided to bite the bullet and book this exam. I've gone through the CBT Nuggets course twice, memorized a lot of the powershell commands and going to start practicing some of the content on some labs. I feel fairly confident for this as I've seen a lot of crossover from the 70-680 and people are saying it's a fairly easy exam, but I've booked with the additional retake just in case.

Once I've done this I'm going straight into the 697 to get that as quickly as possible (probably looking at taking the exam around June/July due to the difficulty of it). I had to delay the start of the 698 due to financial reasons, and now I've finally gotten my payslip in for this month I didn't hesitate lol.

I will update you all once I've done the 698. Any additional training advice or feedback is welcome if anyone has any.

See you all on the 23rd.
    2018 Goal: 70-740
    2019 Goals: 70-741, 70-742 (MCSA: Windows Server 2016)

"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't." - Anon
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Apple Certified Associate 10.11, MCP
    Good luck! I found that the CBT Nuggets made more sense the second time I watched them. Especially after reading through the book. I want to jump right into the 70-697 but I may take some time to brush up on my PowerShell skills. My boss gave me a book called Learn PowerShell In a Month of Lunches. It might be worth the effort for me to get familiar with the commands.

I probably won't be ready for the 697 until June. I'm going to try to follow the CBT Nugget's 10 week study plan. It looks really thorough.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+ Net+ | Sec+ | MCTS: Win 7 MCP | MTA NF | MTA OSF Win10 (70-698)

Default Exam Date Changed...

Good luck with your studies. I think June should be a good time for the 697.

I've just spoken to my boss about the exam and I can't take the 23rd off as we have a big project going on around that time... good work keeping me up to date! The only available date now is the 9th March!! The next date is somewhere in May, which is way too far to delay it. I'm going to just go for it and hope for the best... :S

9 days to go...
    2018 Goal: 70-740
    2019 Goals: 70-741, 70-742 (MCSA: Windows Server 2016)

"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't." - Anon
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    70-698
    I did it in 10days, I passed with 871. So it's more than possible. My only material was the cbt nuggets videos.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCSA Windows 10, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Net+
    Congrats bedou974!

Did you take notes on the videos, or just watch them and do the quiz's?? I passed 70-697 a month ago and started studying CBT Nuggets almost right away for 698. For 697 I took long exhaustive notes in a Word doc but I keep hearing 698 is easier and if you didn't take notes I may just go for it, been in the field for over 10 years so I already know a lot of common areas in a Windows client OS. Again, congratulations!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks