+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    Security +, MTA

Default Need advice on MTA 98-367

I am going to take the test next week. I have been studying the Microsoft Official Academic Course book and I have been using the quizlet.com flash cards. Will this be enough? I already have my Security Plus, will that help me any on 98-367?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member

Certifications
    JNCIA-Junos; A+; N+; S+; VCA-DCV; VCA-WM; VCA-Cloud; MTA OS, Server, Net, Sec, DB, Soft Dev; LPI Linux Essentials
    If you are up to date on your Security+ knowledge you should have no problem passing MTA Security Fundamentals.

The Microsoft Virtual Academy has a course for MTA Security.

If you feel you need additional refreshers this may be helpful.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    MCP | BSAC | Cloud U | MTA | VCA - Cloud | VCA - DCV
    The MOAC is enough to pass but if you want to feel confident. The MVA study material LauraMalave recommended will do the trick as well as CBT Nuggets videos. All I used to pass was the Sybex study guide by Darril Gibson.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member

Certifications
    Security +, MTA
    Thanks guys. I will check out MVA this afternoon. Gonna try and go take the test Wens.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member

Certifications
    MTA 098-349,098-367.
    My advice, don't go into this exam thinking it's super easy because it's an MTA. For sure it's easier than security+ but the hardest if the MTA exams without a doubt!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member

Certifications
    Security +, MTA
    PASSED!!!!!!! The test was a lot easier than I thought it would be. The only hangups I had was the questions about Bitlocker. Other than those I thought it was a pretty good test.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member

Certifications
    MTA 098-349,098-367.
    Congrats man! Me too, just scored 83 Was kind of easy but all good. Some specific questions that were pretty tricky... Now I might go for a more meaty exam than MTA's. Anyone done the server admin MTA? Is it good.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member

Certifications
    Security +, MTA
    I took MTA Server Fundamentals and failed it by 3 points. I studied the Official Microsoft guide for it and was so ill prepared it was not even funny. I know 2 other people that took it and they agreed with me when I said that I did not feel like it was a "fundamentals" test. I think if you studied for the 70-680 test you would be fine because it goes into more detail.

I had to take an MTA to meet a job requirement and now that I have met it I am moving on to something else. No more MTAs for me. Linux Plus is next on my list.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Member

Certifications
    MCP | BSAC | Cloud U | MTA | VCA - Cloud | VCA - DCV
    Congrats on the pass!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member
    Congratulations! You Rock!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks