+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+,MCSA: Windows 7

Default Took the 685 today

Got back from the testing center a little bit ago. I thought I may have done well enough for a passing score but ended up with a 529. Earlier this week I took the 3-day recommended training course and I used the practice exam from MeasureUp.

I passed the 680 last week and I've got to say I think this one is quite a bit tougher. I'm going to take a study break over the weekend and then start back up Monday. Planning to retake it sometime next week.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Exploring Life.... 10Linefigure's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, Security+, Network+, A+
    Dont worry $chrute, you will nail it next time! Have you purchased an exam book to read? Also you can try videos see if thats your style. Good luck!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Certifications
    Thanks.

I looked into buying a book but from the reviews I read I wasn't able to find one that sounded like it would be of much help. If you have any recommendations I'm all ears. I read Don Poulton's book and watched videos to study for the 680 and felt it helped quite a bit because while watching I'd also take notes.

I've heard several people recommend the videos from CBT Nuggets so I might look into those further.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Exploring Life.... 10Linefigure's Avatar

Certifications
    You could try this book: http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Deskto...s=sybex+70-685 it's the one I am starting 1 Dec. That coupled with CBT Nuggets and some practice exams like the MeasureUp ones you did, or Transcender, plus some labbing at home and you should be set.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member

Certifications
    Passed the 685 today on my second try. CBTNuggets offered a free 7-day trial so I watched almost all of their 70-685 videos. I highly recommend them for anybody taking this test. The guy in the videos uses real world examples, demos and he writes a lot on the slides while he's talking about a subject.

On to the 70-346 and 70-347.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Exploring Life.... 10Linefigure's Avatar

Certifications
    Congrats $chrute thats great! Well done
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member
    Congrats! Well done!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks