+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNA ITIL MS 70-685
    Cograts Buckles, I am heading to the frontlines of the battlefield on Saturday for the second time. I want to feel your relief on Saturday.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member

Certifications
    ITIL V3, MCTS, MCIPT, MCSA
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith0001 View Post
    Cograts Buckles, I am heading to the frontlines of the battlefield on Saturday for the second time. I want to feel your relief on Saturday.
    Mate, gear up and give it your best shot.

I'm just telling you what I did differently.... It may or may not be of help to you

My recommendations before you hit the start button... remember you don't have to click straight through everything at the beginning immediately..take a moment to close your eyes and use the opportunity to recall.....If you're feeling nervous, anxious or stressed.. do some deep breathing relaxation. This helped me de-stress and focus.
    I actually made the mistake of reviewing my notes that morning before I took the exam. It made me more stressed and I had to just close my eyes and Woosa it away (if you get the Bad Boys 2 Reference :P)

- While you're sitting in the exam room with the note pad, think about your weaker points, the stuff you took extra effort to remember.. Write it down.. all of it...
    - During the exam, if any other random thoughts about technologies/settings/... whatever...come to mind, write it down. It could save you down the track if you get stuck on a question and start getting frustrated.
    - As you know, You can always hit that review button and come back to it later.. if you're remotely like me... my brain will be processing a question in the background and the answer may not come immediately but It does down the track. Then I jump back to it. I don't know if it saved me or not but I came back and changed a few answers...

As you know, I just passed. This either knocked me back a few points or just got me over the finish line.

Best of luck to you Ksmith!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSA, MCITP, MCTS, MCP
    Nice one Buckles and Domestic, glad you got it squared away. I also passed the 70-685 yesterday with a 766, hence being off the radar studying. To be honest, even though it was my second attempt at this exam , I found it easier than the 70-680. And I note from the MS transcript that they still give you MCITP which is a nice bonus! Best of luck to KSmith
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+ , N+ , CCNA ,MCTS
    Buckles I am sorry to hear that ED's 2k8 series were not beneficial to you. I only recommended it to you because, you mentioned in one of your posts that you needed to strengthen your knowledge of 2k8 and Gpo's. It has really helped me with the 70-680 and I wouldn't have passed the 70-680 as there were few questions that I managed to answer correctly thanks to those videos. Microsoft exams are hard and the books only cover about 70% the rest is from experience at work, and the more you know the better.

Anyway I am glad you passed mate , congratulations once again and all the best for the future.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+ , N+ , CCNA ,MCTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Judderman88 View Post
    Nice one Buckles and Domestic, glad you got it squared away. I also passed the 70-685 yesterday with a 766, hence being off the radar studying. To be honest, even though it was my second attempt at this exam , I found it easier than the 70-680. And I note from the MS transcript that they still give you MCITP which is a nice bonus! Best of luck to KSmith
    Good on you Judderman88, glad you passed it. Unfortunately I couldn't get ready in time and book it in may. So there goes my 2nd shot. At least this way now I can slow down and do things more thoroughly.
    Good luck ksmith.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member

Certifications
    Nice one Judder! For some reason I found 680 easier... go figure ...

Nice to see everyone is kicking goals!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNA ITIL MS 70-685
    I passed it today guys with 900. I want to thank you guys for your advice. I was discourage after the first time I failed it. I think the grading scale for this exam focus more on sequence questions.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+,Net+,MTA Win7, 70-680, 70-685
    I passed it today guys with 900. I want to thank you guys for your advice. I was discourage after the first time I failed it. I think the grading scale for this exam focus more on sequence questions.
    This is also the impression I got after failing it the first time.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Member

Certifications
    Wow!! Congratulations! It makes perfect sense that sequence/multiple pick questions would have a higher weighting than your typical multiple choice...I'm also guessing the case studies may carry a different weighting too.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Member

Certifications
    Side note- I love that this thread has flipped around to everyone sharing their success stories ... Great to read!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member

Certifications
    CompTIA A+ MCP MCSA MCITP MCDT ITIL v3 Foundation CCNA R&S
    Im about to take my 70-685 in a few weeks this was very encouraging thanks yall for sharing your stories
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Member

Certifications
    Smilodon, Ed's 2k8 Series were beneficial!! ... It was what I started with this time around... It helped me get a far better understanding of how GPO's work. I went through all of Ed's Videos. And played around in my Labs as I went.... It was very helpful! I'm sure I mentioned it before? I swore I did.... anyway- dude, thanks for your advice! Its helped me to no end!!

I subscribed to Pluralsight for two months as it became a great reference. There is a lot of content there for both 2k8 and W7, even if it's not specifically the 685.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Social Networking & Bookmarks