+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Certifications
    MCSE: SI, MCITP: EA, MCITP: EDA, MCITP: VA, MCSA: Srv 2012, MCSA: Srv 2008, MCSA: Win 8, MCSA: Win 7, MCTS (x6), CCENT, A+, Srv+, N+, Sec+, Stor+, P+
    Quote Originally Posted by artemis090 View Post
    WAIT.....so just so I'm clear......any MCTS exams (70-680+70-685) do not require the recertification???

Please say it's so mate....please say it's so!!!
    MCTS, MCSA, and MCITP never expire. Once you earn them, you keep them for life. No recertification required.

Only the new MCSE certs require any sort of recertification.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, ACMT, MCTS, MCITP, ITIL, Splunk Certified Power User
    I'm not sure where you're at on the exam, if you plan to re-take it or not. I failed the 70-680 twice and finally passed it on Sunday. I used TestOut and what I really gathered from TestOut is that you have to pay attention to every little detail. Microsoft tests differently than CompTIA or even Apple, as I have passed both on the first try. With CompTIA or Apple, they expect you to know the definition of what something is (for example, Time Machine) but don't really expect you to know how to use it (that comes after.) Microsoft expects you to be in the field, and then take the certification to show you are qualified at what you do. There is a lot of white noise in the questions, be aware, and look for details that lead to the correct answer.

Good luck!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    ITIL V3, MCTS, MCIPT, MCSA
    Well done Ashbot! It's funny- I found the 680 easier than the 685... I guess it comes down to how the individual thinks- to me, 680 was bigger picture concepts which I found easier to grasp than the granular technicality/confusing questions of the 685

Spot on regarding the white noise in the questions. I went into the 685 thinking of myself as a detective- I had to cut through the BS and find the right clues
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks