+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Default 680 - 685 retirement?

The Win7 test are next on my list so I thought I would check on retirement dates, it appears MS only list certs that have been retired and does not give dates indicating when a current cert will be retired. Again I would like to make sure the effort isn't wasted so any ideas?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    A+, N+, S+, CCNA R&S, MCP, MCSA: Win7 / 2012R2, MCITP: EDST, MCTS: 70-640, A.A.S. Network Administration and Support
    As far as I know, exams are only retired when the product is retired. And it looks like Win7 will be around for a while.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE: SI, MCITP: EA, MCITP: EDA, MCITP: VA, MCSA: Srv 2012, MCSA: Srv 2008, MCSA: Win 8, MCSA: Win 7, MCTS (x6), CCENT, A+, Srv+, N+, Sec+, Stor+, P+
    According to Microsoft's policy, certifications are retired when the corresponding technology is surpassed by two newer related technology releases.

So in this example, Windows 7 and Windows 8 are currently valid, and Vista certs are retired.

However, with the release of Windows 10 and the upcoming corresponding certifications, Windows 7 certs are next to be retired.

However, I don't believe an official announcement has been made at this time. Furthermore, I don't know how long it will actually take Microsoft to retire the Windows 7 exams. Could be 6 months, could be a year. Either way, I think you should still have plenty of time to obtain the MCSA: Windows 7 certification.
    Last edited by srabiee; 07-06-2015 at 04:56 PM.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member
    Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Network +, MTA: 98-366, 367,MCP, MCTS Win 7, VCP-DCV, MCSA SERVER 2012, MCTS Hyper-V
    good to know was wondering about that.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    LPIC-1, CLA, Linux+, Network+, VCA-DCV, CWTS, ITIL, BAIS, ZCNP, MCSA, MCTS, MCDST, MCITP: CST & EST Vista, 7, MCPS
    Quote Originally Posted by srabiee View Post
    According to Microsoft's policy, certifications are retired when the corresponding technology is surpassed by two newer related technology releases.

So in this example, Windows 7 and Windows 8 are currently valid, and Vista certs are retired.

However, with the release of Windows 10 and the upcoming corresponding certifications, Windows 7 certs are next to be retired.

However, I don't believe an official announcement has been made at this time. Furthermore, I don't know how long it will actually take Microsoft to retire the Windows 7 exams. Could be 6 months, could be a year. Either way, I think you should still have plenty of time to obtain the MCSA: Windows 7 certification.
    Sums it up nicely.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE (old), SSCP, CCA, Sec+, P+, L+, and N+
    I believe current policy is to give a year notice.
    Andy

2017 Goals: 1 of 5 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks