+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    Associate of Applied Business in Information Technology, Comptia Strata IT, MTA Infrastructure

Question MCSA 70-680 how long to study

I just signed up for this exam. Alot of the content looks familar as to what I do on a daily basis as a Network Tech. Building Workstations with Windows 7. We covered some of this while in I earned my IT degree but that has been three years ago. How long do you think it would take to study and earn this certification? I can only study about two hours a day.

Also what book is the most helpful for purchase? I am already using CBT nuggets for this and don't have much money.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member

Certifications
    ITIL V3, MCTS, MCIPT, MCSA
    For the 680, Prof. Messer's free youtube videos are great! I almost passed off those alone.
    Get your hands on some legit practice exams to help familiarise yourself with the way M$ ask questions. I would say to you- for this exam... 2-3 weeks and book it now so you're working towards a target.

Good luck!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    See Sig.
    If you're like me it will take you 7 times to pass just to keep your job
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Associate of Applied Business in Information Technology, Comptia Strata IT, MTA Infrastructure
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckles View Post
    For the 680, Prof. Messer's free youtube videos are great! I almost passed off those alone.
    Get your hands on some legit practice exams to help familiarise yourself with the way M$ ask questions. I would say to you- for this exam... 2-3 weeks and book it now so you're working towards a target.

Good luck!

I've been reading things that say how hard the exam is its making me nervous. I think I will stretch it out a month. What practice test can you reccomend? Any books? Any other materials like labbing or something help?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member

Certifications
    ITIL V3, MCTS, MCIPT, MCSA
    Quote Originally Posted by missjanaya View Post
    I've been reading things that say how hard the exam is its making me nervous. I think I will stretch it out a month. What practice test can you reccomend? Any books? Any other materials like labbing or something help?
    Professor Messer's Free 680 Videos are ace!

These two are free: MCTS 70-680 Practice Exam
    Practice Quiz: Free Exam Prep, Review and Practice Tests

Practice quiz will email you questions every day which I found help me stay sharp

The Microsoft Press Book comes with 4 sets of exam questions included. The book is pretty good too.

Then you have Transcender and Measure up who are both regarded as the Go-to people. For my 685 Exam, I gave UCertify a shot and found them very helpful too. They have some nice interactive questions as well as a plethora of questions and practice exams (five from memory)..

For Labbing, you can set up a VMWare Workstation with a couple of Clients and a Member Server/Domain Controller etc.
    W7 Ult and W2k8 are both available out there and have a trial period you can push out to a couple of months.

Finally, the forum itself is a solid repository.. read through other people experiences. For me- I allowed three weeks.
    70-680 Resources

Good luck and inbox me if you need any more help.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks