+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, ITIL v3, MCSA:2008/2012, MCITP:EDST/EDA

Default Failed 70-685 for the second time.

Scored 520 both times.

I can't quite figure out what's going wrong to be honest. I feel like I understand the concepts as well as any other exam I've done previously. I've labbed more on this than any other.

There are definitely a few questions with extremely questionable wording, that lack the specificity to give a definitive answer. A couple made me extremely angry, actually. There were a few in there that aren't covered in the MS press book too.

I did feel on quite a few that maybe i didn't understand 100%, so they were half guesses, so there's still work to be done but I really felt like my score would at least improve. That's what's gotten me down the most. The first exam I got over 70% in every area, but bombed in one and it dragged my whole score down. The second time it was my strongest area and I messed up a couple of others.

Any advice from people who've specifically done this exam, or other notorious MS exams like server 2003 would be highly appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. They are watching you NetworkNewb's Avatar

Certifications
    A+/Net+/Sec+, CCENT, CCNA:Sec, CCSK, GCIH
    Have you been taking practice exams and scoring well on them? like from Transcender or Boson
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, ITIL v3, MCSA:2008/2012, MCITP:EDST/EDA
    Transcender. 100% all the time. So yeah. I've also memorised the flash cards.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Network+, Security+, CloudU, MCP, MCTS: Win 7, MTA: Server Admin
    Wow, sorry to hear this; I understand the frustration with the MS exams. Only thing I can offer is to just grind away and keep at it. Good luck!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks