+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    CEH, CHFI, A+, N+, S+, MCTS 70-680, P+ and a bunch of CIW certs

Default 70-685 vs. 70-686

I am trying to decide which cert would be worthwhile. I am working as a Tier 2 technician for the DoD and I already have my 70-680. I could get both within 8 weeks if that would be better.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CompTIA A+ Net+ | Sec+ | MCTS: Win 7 MCP | MTA NF | MTA OSF
    I don't see the point of getting both. The 685 is the desktop support technician, and the 686 is administrator. It depends what your roll is/what you want your roll to be. I'm doing the 686 as I currently work as a sysadmin and can upgrade that to the MCSA and MCSE Windows Server 2012. I don't think the 685 has an upgrade option after that. In my opinion the 686 is better, but definitely harder.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Woohoo! It's over 1000!

Certifications
    RHCSA, Linux+, ACSA, ACTC, ACSP, MCSA:7, MCTS, ITIL F, Prince2 Pract, AgilePM Practioner, VCP-DCV, Storage+, CCNA R+S, CCNA Sec, Security+, CEH, CASP
    The only real reason to get two like this is if you are collecting certifications. The 686 is definitely harder, but does give you an option to upgrade to MCSA Server 2012 with 417
    2017 Goals - MCSA 2008, CISSP, CCNP:R+S, Agile PM
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+ Net+ | Sec+ | MCTS: Win 7 MCP | MTA NF | MTA OSF
    Just found out the MCITP has expired for the 685 path but you can still get the MCITP for the 686. The 686 seems like a no-brainer...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Woohoo! It's over 1000!

Certifications
    RHCSA, Linux+, ACSA, ACTC, ACSP, MCSA:7, MCTS, ITIL F, Prince2 Pract, AgilePM Practioner, VCP-DCV, Storage+, CCNA R+S, CCNA Sec, Security+, CEH, CASP
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyliinez92 View Post
    Just found out the MCITP has expired for the 685 path but you can still get the MCITP for the 686. The 686 seems like a no-brainer...
    Hmmm... the MCITP Enterprise Desktop Technician on Windows 7 isn't on the withdrawn list. And neither 685 nor 686 are yet on the retired or scheduled to retire lists. And both still show under the MCITP certifications. I'd say that it is still current.
    2017 Goals - MCSA 2008, CISSP, CCNP:R+S, Agile PM
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CEH, CHFI, A+, N+, S+, MCTS 70-680, P+ and a bunch of CIW certs
    I would like to go into a more lead technician role or hopefully go into IT security for a large business or enterprise environment.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks