+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Psychotron Member Megadeth4168's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Server+,Project+,MCSE, CCNA:S, CISSP, CCNP, CEH, GCED
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertKaucher View Post
    No, that was good information. Unfortunately I don't think the Desktop Admin test is going to be so easy... Seem pretty heavy on deploy tools. Has any one taken it yet?
    I friend of mine took just before I took the 71-685. He said it was quite a bit more difficult than he expected.

For that exam, he recommends focusing a lot on new group policies, Image creation and deployment and Branch cache. Basically, again, if you have the time to go through the resources that Hyper-Me listed in 71-686 Resources thread, it sounds like you stand a decent chance of passing the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    Thanks for the advice!
    Good luck to all!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member
    How long roughly do you have to wait after sitting the exam to find out if you have passed anyway?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network +, Security+, Server+, MCDST, MCAS, MCTS: Windows 7 & Vista Config, MCITP: EST & CST, MCSA :Messaging
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmcmint View Post
    How long roughly do you have to wait after sitting the exam to find out if you have passed anyway?
    Around 6-8 weeks after the end of the beta exam period.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member
    ok thanks for that! longer wait than i thought
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCDST, MCSA, 70-685
    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeth4168 View Post
    For that exam, he recommends focusing a lot on new group policies, Image creation and deployment and Branch cache. Basically, again, if you have the time to go through the resources that Hyper-Me listed in 71-686 Resources thread, it sounds like you stand a decent chance of passing the exam.

Much appreciated
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Psychotron Member Megadeth4168's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Server+,Project+,MCSE, CCNA:S, CISSP, CCNP, CEH, GCED
    So, after taking the 71-686 myself, I can tell everyone that it hits very hard on Deployment. I would say that Deployment, it the most covered topic.

It's funny, because the first 15 questions or so that I got, I thought were really easy. I was thinking, wow, this is easy and I'm going to pass. No sooner had I thought that, the test changed almost completely! I feel that I did pretty good on the exam, I think I stand a good chance of passing, but it was really difficult after those first 15 or so.... I think I got a few easy ones mixed in, but not many.

Good Luck everyone!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member
    Thanks for sharing your experience megadeth! how many questions did you get on the exams?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+,Net+,S+,MCSA:S & MCSE:S 2k3,MCITP:SA/EA, CCNA:Security/RS/DC,CCNP DC, CCIE RS 51060
    wow im sure you did fine
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks