+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Default Upgrade Vista to EDA7

Hi guys, I've currently passed the 70-620 Vista exam and I'm trying to find a right path to upgrade to Win7 distinction. I know that the EDST:7 requires the HDI cert but I'm trying to avoid taking that test. I think I'll be fine with the EDA:7. My question is what are the Vista/upgrade exams I should take to attain the EDA7. These Win7 exam paths are new to me and they're still kind of confusing.

Thanks alot
    Last edited by Infina; 10-18-2009 at 04:46 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    MCSD Web Apps/SharePoint Applications, MCITP: DBA 2005/2008, EA, EDA7, Linux+, Sec+, MCSE, MCDST, MCTS
    MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator is a new certification. There is no upgrade. You will need to have both the 686 and Windows 7 Configuring.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

There is an upgrade option planned but the exams are not yet available and not expected until late 2009 or early 2010

Exam 70-682: PRO: Windows 7, Upgrading to Windows 7 MCITP Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (expected release: late 2009)

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...g/windows.aspx
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSD Web Apps/SharePoint Applications, MCITP: DBA 2005/2008, EA, EDA7, Linux+, Sec+, MCSE, MCDST, MCTS
    Quote Originally Posted by gandalph View Post
    There is an upgrade option planned but the exams are not yet available and not expected until late 2009 or early 2010

Exam 70-682: PRO: Windows 7, Upgrading to Windows 7 MCITP Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (expected release: late 2009)

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...g/windows.aspx

Gandalph,

I hate to tell you this but we are talking about Enterprise Desktop Administrator, not Enterprise Desktop Support Technician. There is no upgrade for EDA, only for EDST.

The EDA is a new certification that maps to job role very different from a support technician.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks