+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Server+, Mobility+, MCDST, MCTS 70-640 & 642, 70-680+685, MCSA 2012 (409,411,410), 70-697, 70-346

Default Two new Win 7 exams -- 70-681 & 683

Was doing my usual lookaroud to see if any more info on the 682 upgrade exam was available and on this site they show two more exams that I hadn't heard of before..

MCTS: Windows 7, Deploying
    Exam 70-681: TS: Windows 7, Deploying (expected release: late 2009)

MCTS: Windows 7, Pre-Installing for OEMs
    Exam 70-683: TS: Windows 7, Pre-installing for OEMs (expected release: October 2009)

That makes it 6 exams for Windows 7.. they're really getting specific on this ain't they>
    Last edited by Piers; 10-19-2009 at 03:37 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    hmmmm will be keeping my eyes posted for more betas then!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSD Web Apps/SharePoint Applications, MCITP: DBA 2005/2008, EA, EDA7, Linux+, Sec+, MCSE, MCDST, MCTS
    Both of these existed for Vista and I believe the OEM one at least existed for XP. I'll check the numbers and edit if I can find them.

Here is what I was thinking of for the XP exam:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ale=en-us#tab2
    Although I thought there was one specific for OEMs.

Oh, found it
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ale=en-us#tab2
    Last edited by RobertKaucher; 10-19-2009 at 05:55 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    Beer+
    Why is there a Deployment MCTS when, IMO, the 680 covered deployment fairly decently (considering the breadth of what it had to cover) and the MCITP EDA7 is basically a deployment orgy.

Seems to be a waste...but knowing how nerdy i am on deployment im sure MS will get another 125 bones out of me.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Nidhoggr, the Net Serpent Claymoore's Avatar

Certifications
    AWS Architect, MCSEx3, MCITPx6, MCTSx17
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper-Me View Post
    Why is there a Deployment MCTS when, IMO, the 680 covered deployment fairly decently (considering the breadth of what it had to cover) and the MCITP EDA7 is basically a deployment orgy.

Seems to be a waste...but knowing how nerdy i am on deployment im sure MS will get another 125 bones out of me.
    The 681 will probably replace the 622 Vista deployment exam as the MCTS requirement for partners delivering Microsoft-funded Desktop Deployment Planning Services engagements.

I wonder if the 681 will have a section devoted to application compatibility? I was required by MS and my company to complete a separate training course and exam to be able to deilver MS-funded Application Compatibility Factory engagements.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSD Web Apps/SharePoint Applications, MCITP: DBA 2005/2008, EA, EDA7, Linux+, Sec+, MCSE, MCDST, MCTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymoore View Post
    The 681 will probably replace the 622 Vista deployment exam as the MCTS requirement for partners delivering Microsoft-funded Desktop Deployment Planning Services engagements.

I wonder if the 681 will have a section devoted to application compatibility? I was required by MS and my company to complete a separate training course and exam to be able to deilver MS-funded Application Compatibility Factory engagements.
    This is correct. It's not a deployment test for Enterprises, it is for OEMs and will deal with things like licensing, customizing, and deployment tools on a more specific level. This will mean no real focus on GPOs, MAK/KMS, AppLocker, etc...

As far as application compatability. I can only imagine it will. This seems to be something MS is stressing hard in the their adverts for 7.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks