+ Reply to Thread
  1. Member

Certifications
    MCTS: (70-640, 70-680), BSc, HND

Default Few Questions 70-680 Exam tomorrow!

Hello All,

I know its Easter Sunday and am sure you all have better things to do than answer my questions.

I have my 70-680 exam tomorrow and I keep finding a few gaps in my knowledge I think its just pre exam nerves as this is my first Microsoft exam.

I am at the stage where I am questioning everything I know grrrrrr.

Thanks in advance guys.

Russell

- Can I restore a single file from a system image or do I have restore to whole image?

-If I had a win 2008r2 server that ran lets say client monitoring software and the software requires to run a remote procedure on a win 7 client.

Would I create a rule custom rule via windows advance firewall or would I create a predefind rule? Or would I do this though the network sharing centre? I am a little confused.

- Other question I have is regarding allowing users to install drivers for a device.

Lets say I have a computer and I wanted to allow Standard users to upgrade graphic card drivers.

What local group policy would I modify? Device settings for the user or computer?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    Beer+
    You can mount an image and take a single file out of it, but you can specify an exact file while actually applying the image to a machine.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krusty83uk View Post
    Hello All,

I know its Easter Sunday and am sure you all have better things to do than answer my questions.

I have my 70-680 exam tomorrow and I keep finding a few gaps in my knowledge I think its just pre exam nerves as this is my first Microsoft exam.

I am at the stage where I am questioning everything I know grrrrrr.

Thanks in advance guys.

Russell

- Can I restore a single file from a system image or do I have restore to whole image?

-If I had a win 2008r2 server that ran lets say client monitoring software and the software requires to run a remote procedure on a win 7 client.

Would I create a rule custom rule via windows advance firewall or would I create a predefind rule? Or would I do this though the network sharing centre? I am a little confused.

- Other question I have is regarding allowing users to install drivers for a device.

Lets say I have a computer and I wanted to allow Standard users to upgrade graphic card drivers.

What local group policy would I modify? Device settings for the user or computer?
    Grrr wrote a reply which disappeared when I tried to reply

2. If its custom software you would have to create a custom rule in windows firewall with advanced security. Predefined rules are for existing windows features/protocols.
    3. Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Driver Installation >Allow non-administrators users to install drivers for these device classes. Then you supply the GUID for the devices for which you want users to be able to install drivers for.

Note: By default the drivers must be signed and then pre-staged into the driver store and the above GPO enabled before standard users are able to install them.

Good luck in your exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSIT, Proj+, A+, Net+, Sec+: MCTS: X5; MCITP:EA
    Good luck on your exam tomorrow!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member

Certifications
    Ah 3 hours till my exam. i hope I did a enough studying I keep on questioning everything I know!!!!!!!!!

I can’t mind feeling like this when I was at university but suppose that was over 4 years ago. I should have got into the Microsoft testing years ago I personally blame the Xbox and call of duty over the last few years.

I suppose the first Microsoft exam will always be the worse am sure you all been here before.

aleast the test centre is only 5 miles from my house but its in a really strange laid out business park I know where the business park is but no totally sure where the test centre is ahhhhhh I may just leave early and find it then do some study in the car.

Maybe I am just thinking to much.

Ah well least I have a free 2nd shot

After my exam today I was thinking about treating my self to a new game battlefield bad company 2 do you’s think PC or Xbox?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member

Certifications
    I passed today 850 the exam was harder than I was expecting.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Regards

Russell
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    Beer+
    Congrats! You are right its not a terribly easy exam. Very enterprise oriented.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Server+, Mobility+, MCDST, MCTS 70-640 & 642, 70-680+685, MCSA 2012 (409,411,410), 70-697, 70-346
    Congrats Russell! Enjoy your new game
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CEHv7, CCNA, Security+ 70-290, 70-291 CCNA:S
    Congrats
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member

Certifications
    Beer+
    Oh BTW I have Bad Company 2 on PC and aside from the typical Recon/Sniper campers its a pretty fun game.

Its actually funny that in a lot of cases so many people on the other team camp as Recon that they don't ever take flags and therefore lose miserably.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks