+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Failed

Certifications
    CISM, CISA, CISSP, CCENT, CNSSI No. 4012, NSTISSI No. 4015, MCP (70-270), CompTIA: A+, Network+, Security+, i-Net+
    Quote Originally Posted by Turgon View Post
    Seems a little harsh to fail anyone with a breakdown like that. You have some good scores there and non of them bad. Suggest you avoid NDA break and remove the details of the test you have divulged there.
    That's what I was thinking! I've been focusing on IA/Security certifications over the last 3 years and haven't taken a technical exam in some time and was thinking about taking a couple (CCNA, Linux+ or Maybe Windows 7) but seeing something like this frightens me lol.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    BSIT, Proj+, A+, Net+, Sec+: MCTS: X5; MCITP:EA
    On my last attempt at the 70-643 I almost maxed 2 of the 4 areas and got like a 70% on one area and my low area was like a 60%. You can't tell with MS grading except guess that they weight each area as the objectives have them weighted. For the 643 IIS and RDS are weighted slightly higher than the rest and I did really well on the IIS portion and poorly on RDS. I actually thought up til the score being done that I had passed it the last time as there was nothing on the test that just totally caught me off guard and I didn't know.
    Off to go do it again. Hopefully all the studying and labbing I've done pays off.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+ Network+ Security +
    Looks like this certs really starting to hot up now loads more resources are around a few months ago I remember this forum being a little dead but now its blowing up.
    Im starting this cert as well now and im watching the forum each day.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by Psoasman View Post
    You might take a look at Darril's book for the 685/686. After reading that, a lot of what didn't sink in from the 680 made much more sense.
    I agree about studying 686 material (I haven't taken 685, so no comment on that). It was very helpful for me with the 680. I took the 680 right after passing 686 (beta) and did very well. After passing 680, you could also go for 686 to get a MCITP.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, 70-680, 70-642
    i was aiming to get the 685 as thought it would help me get a job in 1st line support, and needed to do the 70-680 1st.

I have enjoyed learning most of the 70-680 and don't wish too put people off by making out this test is stupidly hard. Whilst i did find it hard it doesn't go into that much detail, just the random questions which seemed to catch me out, which weren't covered in the book.

Although tempted to take the 70-686 really not sure how relevant it would be to get a job for someone with no experience and wanting to start in the IT field. But seeing as there seems to be quite a bit of cross over and will be looking at darrils book and maybe 70-686 for the 70-680 may be worth taking it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    JLPT 1級; VCAP5-DCA; VCE-CIMIE
    Quote Originally Posted by xSequentialx View Post
    Theres only so much you can do though. For all the content mentioned in the book i went on technet to find more info, eg pulled the massive list of commands for usmt and played around with them etc. However there are certain commands that i didn't even know existed so how am i supposed to study them in greater detail. Again where in any of the content material does it mention about modifying powershell console commands, slmgr.vbs, driverloader.exe, etc.
    Well, now that you know, go and try to learn as much as you can about those commands. Anyway, try those practice questions on that MyWindowsClub website. It's free. Also, I'm pretty sure a few of their questions mentioned slmgr and driverloader.

Another thing to remember is don't panic if you're not familiar with something. There were a few things I didn't know, but I was able to confidently whittle down the wrong choices. I think part of the reason they have so many commands is that their testing whether you have had a ton of experience or at least have the ability to infer the correct answer when confronted with unfamiliar scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by xSequentialx View Post
    I think i'll try that windows 7 resource kit and maybe darrils book as well, seeing as can you use it for the 70-685 exam as well. Thanks.
    Yeah, I'd definitely go through the Resource Kit and read up on every chapter that didn't get such good marks on your exam. I think a few sections are somewhere on the MS site free for download in PDF. I saw a link in another thread here.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, MCITP: EDSTW7, MCITP: SA, ITIL v3, Symantec Certified Professional in Endpoint Management
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentraedi View Post
    try those practice questions on that MyWindowsClub website. It's free.
    I've just checked out MyWindowsClub for the first time and did a 50 q test, got 36/50, theres some really confusing questions on there.
    Question 17: A computer running Windows 7 Enterprise is suddenly booting into recovery mode. The user of the computer is sure that he has not changed any setting. Which of the following cannot be a problem you would suspect?
    1. User is trying to boot without the USB key
    2. User is not entering the right PIN
    3. TPM was cleared
    4. The Boot environment has changed
    5. Windows was updated the last time it ran successfully.

Question 18: Read the following description and answer the given quesiton.
    You are running Windows 7 on an older hard disk of 40 GB capacity. The hard disk contains two volumes of 30 Gb and 10 GB. You have an external hard disk which is also of 40 Gb and is similarly divided into two volumes of 31 GB and 9 GB. Both the volumes are empty. Both are detected by Windows and shown empty but when you try to use the 30 GB volume on external Hard disk, you are not able to do so. What may be the reason?

1. It does not contain enough space for backup
    2. It is detected as old and Windows 7 cannot use old devices.
    3. It may be formatted with FAT32 (since when can't Win7 read FAT32??)
    4. It contains a Linux partition
    Correct Answer: 3.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    With 17 the point is that no "setting" was changed, thus ruling out 2, 3, 4 or 5

With 18 Windows would be able to detect the foreign partition, but not be able to tell anything about it, whether it was full or empty. The question states that Windows recognized it as empty, so that means it couldn't have been a "Linux" partition. Also you can't install Windows 7 to a Fat32 partition. The question asked "why can't it install", not "why can't it read the partition"
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, MCITP: EDSTW7, MCITP: SA, ITIL v3, Symantec Certified Professional in Endpoint Management
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentraedi View Post
    The question asked "why can't it install", not "why can't it read the partition"
    No it didn't, it says 'when you try to use the 30 GB volume on external Hard disk, you are not able to do so'
    Only reason I can think of is you are trying to copy a file larger than 4GB to it and it's formatted fat32. Or the other answers don't apply to so it's #3.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member

Certifications
    My bad, I was thinking it had to do with that install process for some reason.

Anyway, I think there's more to the question though. It's probably refering to backups, which do need the ability to make 4GB+ files.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CCNA:R/S, CCENT, ITIL 2011, B.S. IT, CompTIAx5, MCTSx2, MTAx1,
    Quote Originally Posted by Turgon View Post
    Seems a little harsh to fail anyone with a breakdown like that. You have some good scores there and non of them bad. Suggest you avoid NDA break and remove the details of the test you have divulged there.
    Lol he did but now you have it quoted
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks