+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
  1. Just Married!

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, CIW Pro, Web designer, JavaScript, and Database, 70-680, CCNA, CCNA Security

Default Failed 70-680 today

I got 633. I thought I did a lot better than I accutally did. Going to try again end of January. Oh well at least I get 3 free tries with WGU.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    MCITP- Server Admin, MCTS- Network Infrastructure, MCTS- Active Directory, MCTS- Windows 7, CCNA, Sec+, Proj+, Net+, A+, CIW Found. V5, Java
    Close!! You'll get it next time. Any details about the exam?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+ Network+ Security +
    Quote Originally Posted by themagicone View Post
    I got 633. .
    What was the pass rate score?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCITP- Server Admin, MCTS- Network Infrastructure, MCTS- Active Directory, MCTS- Windows 7, CCNA, Sec+, Proj+, Net+, A+, CIW Found. V5, Java
    700 is a passing score.....so 4-6 questions from passing
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, N+, S+, LPIC-1, MCSA
    Keep it up, you'll do better on the 2nd shoot. Just harder.

Good luck.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Did it cover any specific objectives more than others??
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    Security+, ITIL Foundations, ITIL OSA
    Good luck next time and don't feel bad. It's a tough test.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Project+, Security+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS - Vista Configuration, CIW Associate, CIW Professional
    70-680 is not an easy exam. Thankfully, the score report details areas that need work. You'll get it next time.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Just Married!

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, CIW Pro, Web designer, JavaScript, and Database, 70-680, CCNA, CCNA Security
    I got two areas 100%, lowest area was mobile computing. I skipped like 8 questions that I went over a few times. The questions seemed easy but I guess I didn't get some right. Going on vacation next week so not going to be doing much study till I get back. I was hoping to retry Saturday but I can't get my voucher that quick.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Member

Certifications
    SCCM 2012, A+, Server +, Project +, Network +, Security +, MCSA Window 7, Windows 10, MCP Server 2012

Default did you get question about IMAGE X ?

what study material are you using ?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Member

Certifications
    SCCM 2012, A+, Server +, Project +, Network +, Security +, MCSA Window 7, Windows 10, MCP Server 2012

Default any question from the test ?

any question on the test you remember ?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, MCTS 70-680, MCITP:EA or MCSA:WS2K8, Bachelor of Science, IT - Networks Design and Management
    Quote Originally Posted by franco67 View Post
    any question on the test you remember ?

He can't answer that...that would be violating the NDA.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE: Security, MCTS x 5, P+, S+, N+, A+, HIT
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass, it's a tough exam. Looks like you are only a few questions away. Have you checked into Darril Gibson's book for the 685/686? I wished I had read that when studying for the 680, it cleared up some topics for me.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. aka KitKatNinja

Certifications
    Alot - Microsoft, Citrix, HP, Apple, Comptia and VMWare
    Good luck for next time, at least now you know what areas to concentrate on

-Ken
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Just Married!

Certifications
    My biggest gripe with the test, and Microsoft in general, is their scoring method. So passing is 700 out of 1000 or 70%. BUT if you look at passing scores it's around 85% when you go by the %'s you get at the end. So 85% is 70% which is only passing... I understand some questions have more points than others but it gets confusing. I'll pass it next time, just need to study more.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCTS: 70-680, MCP: 70-270, Security+, Net+, A+
    My biggest gripe with the test, and Microsoft in general, is their scoring method. So passing is 700 out of 1000 or 70%. BUT if you look at passing scores it's around 85% when you go by the %'s you get at the end. So 85% is 70% which is only passing... I understand some questions have more points than others but it gets confusing. I'll pass it next time, just need to study more.
    Not quite. As far as I know, Microsoft hasn't disclosed a maximum amount of points for this exam (or any?). But I haven't seen anyone post over 900 points on this board, although I could be wrong.

The thing you have to remember is that the scoring is based on a percentage for each domain. For example, Configuring Hardware and Configuring Networks are each worth 14% of the grade. Let's say you received 10 questions for Hardware and 4 questions for Networks. If you miss two questions on Hardware, then it's not so bad and you'll probably score near the "Strong" level on the report. But if you miss two questions on Networks, then you'll be near the middle and only have 50% of the points for the 14% domain. That's my theory. Apologies if that doesn't make any sense.

70-680 Skills Measured
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Member

Certifications

Default retake

hi, sorry about your test adventures. are you planing to retake the test.

do you know how to retake the test ?
    i register tru promotric ?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, MCTS:70-680
    Hey, I'm sorry to hear you didn't pass the test. I am studying for this exam at the moment and plan to take it on the 11th if i can get a voucher short notice. I saw somebody asked but I am also curious. Which study material did you use. I mainly ask because I just bought the new MCTS: 70-680 book by Don Poulton Amazon.com: MCTS 70-680 Cert Guide: Microsoft Windows 7, Configuring (9780789747075): Don Poulton: Books and will add it to my studies. Have you heard of or used this book?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Mac Integration Basics 10.11, Wireless#, CWTS
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperRuski View Post
    Hey, I'm sorry to hear you didn't pass the test. I am studying for this exam at the moment and plan to take it on the 11th if i can get a voucher short notice. I saw somebody asked but I am also curious. Which study material did you use. I mainly ask because I just bought the new MCTS: 70-680 book by Don Poulton Amazon.com: MCTS 70-680 Cert Guide: Microsoft Windows 7, Configuring (9780789747075): Don Poulton: Books and will add it to my studies. Have you heard of or used this book?
    I just bought that book for the Kindle, will be using it along side the Official 70-680 book from MS. I read through the first chapter, just an intro to Win 7, but it was a very easy read.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Follow your dreams! IRONMONKUS's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Security +, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, CWNA, CCNA:Wireless
    I'm not looking forward to this test... I as well have to indulge my senses into this 70-680 madness for my degree at WGU.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, MCTS:70-680
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokeh View Post
    I just bought that book for the Kindle, will be using it along side the Official 70-680 book from MS. I read through the first chapter, just an intro to Win 7, but it was a very easy read.
    I really liked the intro. I usually don't read that chapter but something made me for this book. Probably because, as you said, it was an easy read. When do you think you will sit for the test?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Livin is ez w/ I's closed

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, BCNE, CCNA, ITIL v3, AWS - CSA/CD/SA
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONMONKUS View Post
    I'm not looking forward to this test... I as well have to indulge my senses into this 70-680 madness for my degree at WGU.
    you say it as if it is a cert on the levels such as IT Foundations I. which many deem useless
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    Security+
    I took the test yesterday and failed as well. I was using Transcender as my only study material and thought I had a good grasp on the material but didn't come close to passing, a 516.

I'll have to get a book and do some lab work in order to pass. I have a free re-take in which I'll be using at the end of January or early February.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, MCTS 70-680, MCITP:EA or MCSA:WS2K8, Bachelor of Science, IT - Networks Design and Management
    I really liked the intro. I usually don't read that chapter but something made me for this book. Probably because, as you said, it was an easy read. When do you think you will sit for the test?

Comrade, since you also read DG's Security+ book, how does this book compare to that one?

I'd imagine that you can't really answer that fully until you sit for the 680, but in terms of enough depth on-top of easiness-to-read to go through it and pass the 680 on the first try...that's really what I'm looking for.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Mac Integration Basics 10.11, Wireless#, CWTS
    Earliest I am looking is end of Feb, but guessing more towards mid March. Have one local person I start studying with this weekend, and have N2IT for online study partner as well.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks