+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    CompTIA A+

Default 6292A - Installing and Configuring Windows 7 Client ?

i was wondering does the 6292A have a final test exam you take ?
    also after the 6292A what would be next too take ?

i know most people take sever exams, ie N+,S+ and/or even windows 2008 exams. at this point in time i would like to focus more on windows then on severs. i'm thinking more on the mcts exams.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE: Security, MCTS x 5, P+, S+, N+, A+, HIT
    Quote Originally Posted by poszeone View Post
    i was wondering does the 6292A have a final test exam you take ?
    also after the 6292A what would be next too take ?

i know most people take sever exams, ie N+,S+ and/or even windows 2008 exams. at this point in time i would like to focus more on windows then on severs. i'm thinking more on the mcts exams.
    I took a quick look, it doesn't look like an final exam is needed.
    Installing and Configuring Windows 7 Client

Depending on how much experience you have, I'd start do the A+, N+, S+, then move onto the Microsoft exams.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+
    done the A+, and was looking at S+ and it looks more like sever based (win 200, but as i said "at this point in time i would like to focus more on windows then on severs."

why do S+ and/or n+ is there any advantage to doing those over a windows exam ?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member

Certifications
    MCP MCTS MCITP: EDST MCITP: EDA MOS MCITP: SA MCSA
    6292A is simply a Microsoft course reference number for the course 'Maintaining and Configuring Windows 7'... This course is designed to cover the exam objectives of the 70-680... There is no exam for this course, it is the course to accompany learning for the MCTS Windows 7 Configuring exam.Hope that helps!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+
    yes, this does help becouse i have had my eye on the 70-680 way before the Comp TIa A+.i bouthe a book on the 70-680 a year ago, but stoped and got my A+.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE: Security, MCTS x 5, P+, S+, N+, A+, HIT
    If you want to focus on windows, you are going to have to get comfortable with servers. The 680 exam will be a lot easier for you set up a lab with Server 2008R2 and a client.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    BA: MIS, MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support 7, MCSA Windows 7 Configuration, VCP5, ITIL V3 Foundation, AWS Technical Professional
    Unless you have a lot of relevant work experience with AD, Server 2k8, ect.. I'd recommend the S+ first. You can't just ignore servers when working with the 70-680 seeing as they're used widely in configuring and deploying Windows 7. The S+ isn't going to go real in depth like a MCITP:EA or SA but will give you enough background knowledge to move onto 70-680.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks